ADVERTISEMENT

Carino: Rutgers’ final 8 games. Are there 4 wins here?

You answered my question which is what 4 wins are they. A win over Maryland adds more quality than beating a Michigan as of now. If they beat Northwestern, Michigan, Ohio State on the road and the their first round Big Ten game. I don't think it's a lock. It's a better than 50% chance, but there is still doubt. You have the WCC, A-10, American which their conference tournaments can cause havoc and steal some bids. 5 wins any way you slice it, takes out uncertainty.

Road and neutral wins are a measuring factor. If we had beaten St. Bona., this isn't a conversation. If I had to bet that we win 4 games (3 at home (not Maryland) and 1 in the Big Ten Tournament), I'd say 10 or 11 seed and hoping there aren't too many bid stealers.

4 wins is a lock..if 3 arecat home and 1 on the tlroad thats a q1 right there

You are a troll here..you dont even know the schedule

4 wins is a lock..if 3 arecat home and 1 on the tlroad thats a q1 right there

You are a troll here..you dont even know the schedule

Bro .seriously. I'm a troll? Show me where I don't know the schedule? Because I don't agree with you (which normally your NCAA analysis is pretty good), I'm immediately a troll. That's basically a response of, I have nothing else to contribute to a discussion so let's try to insult the person.

The 1 on the road could be the Big Ten tournament, of which may not be a Q1 win based upon seeding. All my point is, 4 wins (which the topicc of this discussion thread is ) does not guarantee a bid. It doesn't mean I think Rutgers is not in, it just means I don't know if they control their fate, whereas 5, accomplishes everything on the checklist that would guarantee it.

BTW..if you must know I was a season ticket holder through the Jordan era until I moved.

look....4 wins does it...you are clueless you are saying 19-11/11-9 big 10 school with multiple quad 1 and 2 wins is a bubble team and an 11 seed...hahaha.you know nothing..do you realize that wcc, pac 12, sec, big 12, american, a10 schools have terrible resumes. You realize if St Bonnies upsets and wins the A10 that bid is being stolen from VCU or Rhode Island not Rutgers, you do realize if Portland wins the WCC that bid is stolen from USC or BYU or Stanford.

please get back to me when you do your research because its obvious you havent done any

look....4 wins does it...you are clueless you are saying 19-11/11-9 big 10 school with multiple quad 1 and 2 wins is a bubble team and an 11 seed...hahaha.you know nothing..do you realize that wcc, pac 12, sec, big 12, american, a10 schools have terrible resumes. You realize if St Bonnies upsets and wins the A10 that bid is being stolen from VCU or Rhode Island not Rutgers, you do realize if Portland wins the WCC that bid is stolen from USC or BYU or Stanford.

please get back to me when you do your research because its obvious you havent done any

And if VCU and Rhode Island beat Dayton, they're getting bids if they hold serve in the regular season. If St. Mary's and BYU hold serve, they're getting bids. Cincy beat Wichita State and if they hold serve, they're getting a bid, along with Wichita State, Houston and if Tulsa keeps playing like they do, then they are playing themselves into a bid.

A lot of things can happen in 8 games for all teams being considered on thee bubble. This team is not near a lock, they're in a good position but still some work left to do. I appreciate your fandom in this case, but there are still flaws in the resume that need to be solidified. Win some of these on the road, and this back and forth is a moot point.

I'm not clueless, in fact I've referenced the NET rankings, where Rutgers stands, how it relates to their current road record, their efficiency on both ends and how one end defensively they're elite, but offensively, they're barely in the top 3rd and that's concerning (you need to score some points in order to win).

It's obvious you enjoy being the board's "expert" but you're plainly not considering other scenarios. This is all a discussion. I didn't realize that when someone challenges your opinion, you're not able to consider other points of view.

And if VCU and Rhode Island beat Dayton, they're getting bids if they hold serve in the regular season. If St. Mary's and BYU hold serve, they're getting bids. Cincy beat Wichita State and if they hold serve, they're getting a bid, along with Wichita State, Houston and if Tulsa keeps playing like they do, then they are playing themselves into a bid.

A lot of things can happen in 8 games for all teams being considered on thee bubble. This team is not near a lock, they're in a good position but still some work left to do. I appreciate your fandom in this case, but there are still flaws in the resume that need to be solidified. Win some of these on the road, and this back and forth is a moot point.

I'm not clueless, in fact I've referenced the NET rankings, where Rutgers stands, how it relates to their current road record, their efficiency on both ends and how one end defensively they're elite, but offensively, they're barely in the top 3rd and that's concerning (you need to score some points in order to win).

It's obvious you enjoy being the board's "expert" but you're plainly not considering other scenarios. This is all a discussion. I didn't realize that when someone challenges your opinion, you're not able to consider other points of view.

these schools are not getting in without quality wins...VCU has garbage right now...they wont be beating Dayton. Tulsa..lmfao....

no one said this team is a lock now...4 wins..yes because those 4 wins are better than anything VCU, Rhode Island, Oklahoma, BYU, USC. Stanford, Mississippi State, Memphis, Houston, Wichita State, Florida, Georgetown, Utah State, etc are going to cobble together

so until you come up with a scenerio where 20 some schools are going to pass Rutgersfor a bid for a team who is finishing 11-9 in the top conference in the land, I will continue to dunk on you

and I am all for counter opinions if you show me the work. If you show me specifically the schools and their quad wins and current metrics and what they have to do to have a better resume than RU who would be annexing wins over a top 15 and 3 top 40 schools in the NET

Cincy has 2 Quad 1 wins as well (just like us), because they were on the road (of which they're 5-6 road/neutral). Quad 1 wins at home only count for top 25 at home. On the road it's top 75.

The NET is an evaluation tool, it's not an end all be all that tells you you're in or out.

Cincys has no win that comes close to Rutgers wins

Oh and cincy has only 1 Q1 win

Q1 wins are not created equal. Neither are Q2 wins.

Their 3 best wins are Houston, Wichita St, and Tennessee

Rutgers best 3 wins. Seton Hall, Penn State, and Wisconsin better than all 3 cincy wins. Arguably wins over Purdue, Minnesota, and Indiana are better than Cincys wins..at worst they are equal to 2 of them

Oh Cincy has 3 Q1 losses to 1 for RU

And im not using the net as an end all..im using common sense

Cincy could very well make the tourney...there are far worse contenders..now do Wichita St whose resume is barren

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT