ADVERTISEMENT

Carino: Steve Pikiell on Rutgers' roster construction, schedule, leadership and summer workout plan

If we miss Simpson next year, the season will be a disaster of epic proportions
This. There’s nothing he could’ve helped with except D, but if his D would’ve made a material difference, that probably means Davis is beating out all of the newcomers. And not just situationally. Agreed we could be in trouble in that case.

If Ace is the #2 recruit in the country and potentially the #1 draft pick in 2025, I would assume he can dribble the ball and bring it up court (even against pressure). Even help run the offense if Dylan is out of the game.

Is this wrong?

If Ace is the #2 recruit in the country and potentially the #1 draft pick in 2025, I would assume he can dribble the ball and bring it up court (even against pressure). Even help run the offense if Dylan is out of the game.

Is this wrong?
You are right on target. Ace is extremely skilled and comfortable handling the ball all over the court.

Plus, if the defense is man to man, Ace would have a wing guarding him, not a ball hawking quicker guard, which makes it even easier for Ace.

Whoever was concerned with ball handling in the thread, doesn’t realize that this is by far the best ball handling team at Rutgers in a very, very long time.

lol! Will miss ball handling, foul shooting and D. Offense not so much.

Based on current roster construction ball handling does not seem to be an issue. The things on your list that might be missed are foul shooting & D, but not enough to make up for his extreme lack of efficiency on O last season.

Here i was thinking our roster construction was based around who listens to the most Meek Mill

Looks like Monmouth will be on the schedule this season
Monmouth has a preseason rank of #207 on Torvik.

Vegas, Rutgers #29
ND #78, 2nd Win/Loss vs Houston #1/Alabama #10
3rd vs 1 of Creighton #6, TA&M #26, Oregon #44, SDSt #84
RU Oregon only play once in conf as does Bama and TA&M.

@ #268 Kennesaw St, hopefully finishes above 240, Q3
#207 Monmouth
#194 St Peter's
#180 Columbia
#179 Wagner
N #109 Princeton
#94 Seton Hall

1 TBD, probably another 101-225 type team, maybe higher.
NC SOS will not hurt our seeding.

Last edited:
Let’s not forget we didn’t get JWill committed until the last week of July last year…coach Pike and Smoke are probably still working some portal and international bigs

This is the single most important quote in the article:

“…The days of developing a Myles Johnson from freshman to sophomore to junior year are gone. I’ve only got these guys for nine months.”
He gets it. Every year the team is likely to be different or vastly different. Free agency yearly.

Get what you can out of them when you have them. Forget development. That’s over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT