ADVERTISEMENT

Carino's Feature on BKin118

Never met, but he is a classy poster, understanding board moderator, loyal fan and a credit to his university! [cheers]

Reactions: Loyal-Son
I have said this before. Before I ever met Brian I turned on a midweek game at St Mary's in Northern California many years ago and amongst the wild home crowd watching us get our butts handed to us was one guy with a red R cap. He became one of my heroes that night

Reactions: rutgersron
Congratulations to BK and his wife Janet and my thanks for their effort to make the RUMBB experience the best it can be for all RUMBB fans [cheers]

Brian and Janet are the best. They have done so much for RU basketball and are just wonderful people. They also have done so many things for me over the years. After my wife passed they drove me to games at St. John's in Queens and to Stony Brook on Long Island. My wife and I were so lucky to be invited to their wedding as well. They are true friends that I will always be thankful for.

Most of me says what a great person to have around a program. Every university needs people like him, and not every university has one.

But part of me says, "What a sick man. Please seek help."

Should have broken out into the ONE MORE YEAR chant on Sunday....for them.

Enjoy your retirement....#BIGSHOES

This was fun to read, and I was glad to see BK and Janet get their due in some public way. No matter who we do or don't root for, I think any fan can appreciate and admire the absolute devotion these folks have shown to Rutgers basketball over the years, especially during an era (and I don't think I'm speaking out of school here!) where the on-court achievement has made it easy for them.

giphy.gif

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
Nice to see this public recognition for all Brian and Janet are as fans and all they have done for the Court Club.

Reactions: MADHAT1
No one deserves the ability to root for a winning team more than these two. Can you imagine how many lopsided games they have sat through? While I am sure they have great memories of some of the venues they have seen, it has been quite the endurance test waiting for better days to come.

Reactions: RickB113
What is his reason for leaving? I think it had to do with his new job?
Tyler
No one deserves the ability to root for a winning team more than these two. Can you imagine how many lopsided games they have sat through? While I am sure they have great memories of some of the venues they have seen, it has been quite the endurance test waiting for better days to come.
yes new job

It's been weird getting recognized by total strangers because of that article!

Regardless, thank you to everyone who has supported us at the Court Club, and done us a personal favor or two along the way.

Never got into this for Tweets or media coverage or awards...just wanted to be the best fans we could and try to make a difference in some way

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT