ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Catch RHJ on TV with the Raptors in July

Awesome! I'd advise anyone who is a basketball junkie to check out Vegas summer league action. I was fortunate to go in 2006 when Quincy Douby was about to enter his rookie NBA season with the Kings. I caught up with Quincy while sitting in the stands during a game prior to his team's game.

The entire summer league session is a who's who of basketball personnel - players, ex-players, coaches, ex-coaches, execs - wherever you turn. The best thing is that they're accessible and most are more than willing to shoot the breeze with fans.

On that trip to Sin City, I also got to see an amazing Pearl Jam concert at MGM. I've seen Eddie Vedder and Co. several times. They don't know how to perform a bad show, but their show that night was off the charts...
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2006/mgm-grand-garden-arena-las-vegas-nv-5bd6a7a0.html

Last edited:
The writing is in the wall for RHJ. Play well enough and one of his dad’s buddies might keep him around on a roster for a few years . Bank some coin

Do you think that’s going to happen ?
Well I’m a fan, so I hope so. He has a chance - one of the most competitive jobs out there - but he has a chance.

Do you think an NBA team would keep him just because of his name?

Well I’m a fan, so I hope so. He has a chance - one of the most competitive jobs out there - but he has a chance.

Do you think an NBA team would keep him just because of his name?
No . But I think if it comes down to a last spot, his name will help.

Toronto runs very similar bases on offense, but Ron plays way too passive on offense. He has to look for his shot or to create a shot for himself. He had that deflection early and invisible while the other four looked for their shot.

The NBA isn't going to keep Ron a team bc they liked his dad. You're undermining Ron's accomplishment if he does earn a roster spot for years
No I am not . It would still be a fantastic accomplishment no matter how you get to the top 1 % of any profession .
I do think he’s a journeyman at best, if he’s even able to stick around

Nice break up before the half. It's 5 games and lots of work afterwards this summer

The line isn’t bad for someone who was a little tentative as Chris said. Sometimes you just have to get out there and experience what the vibe is for these games so you can assert yourself. Rooting for Ron to do just that. We know he can.

Reactions: Scarlet83 and Pdabs
1 for 5 on 3s, but overall a solid effort. He’s getting in the flow.

RHJ is the man in the arena. The critics do not matter. Good luck Ron.

Do you constantly quote Roosevelt in person too??

We get it. Nobody is ever supposed to have anything to say about anyone other than "good job". Every thread just post after post of "good job".

• Sad
Reactions: runrutgersrun
Toronto runs very similar bases on offense, but Ron plays way too passive on offense. He has to look for his shot or to create a shot for himself. He had that deflection early and invisible while the other four looked for their shot.

Someone posted a scouting report in a other thread.
It said his most utilized offensive possession was "Spot-Up 22%".

He might not be used to creating on his own. It did seem like at times he just stood in the corner too much - and could have been involved in the offense more last year. He was by far out best player and could have had the ball in his hands more.

Reactions: Scarlet Blind
Do you constantly quote Roosevelt in person too??

We get it. Nobody is ever supposed to have anything to say about anyone other than "good job". Every thread just post after post of "good job".
If constantly is twice over the last 3 months lol. I quote him a lot less than you are a know nothing know it all. You don’t count. But keep spewing your questionable views every 5 minutes.

Also, FWIW I wasn’t talking to you or about you originally but since you opened the door…..::you don’t count.

Reactions: NickRU714
He started and played a lot of minutes. That league is full of ball hogs .

I heard someone say approx 75% of guys in Summer League never make an NBA roster.
Don't know if accurate but wouldn't doubt it.

That's why the Summer League motto is: Don't overreact to Summer League.
Plenty of guys have put up crazy numbers and that was the last you heard of them.

It's not the best representation of the NBA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT