ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Sports Power 5 Coach Rankings Coach Schiano

Being one spot ahead of the Mizzou coach who has made 3 straight bowl games in the SEC and took #1 Georgia down to the wire last year (should have won) is somewhat surprising.

Reactions: brgRC90
Other B1G Coaches (and coaches of interest):

#62- Tom Allen- (-22)-he's been there a while
#60- Hafley (-26)
#58- Wilcox at Cal (-14)
#49-Locksley (+1)- seems kind of low
#47- Tucker at MSU (-23) falling like a stone
#45- Fitzgerald at NW (-24)- falling fast
#30- Ferentz at Iowa (-17)
#27- Matt Rhule - A little early for this?

I agree..way too high. Probably because he was good in prehistoric times.
did;t they say he was given the benefit of doubt because of his first go round
"It feels like our voters were giving Schiano the benefit of the doubt for a while because we understood the challenges of Rutgers and known he'd had success there before."
Greg1's first winning season was in year five, then being a constant bowl constant and maybe that's what is expected from G2 .
Giving Schiano the benefit of doubt in thinking he can do that again

did;t they say he was given the benefit of doubt because of his first go round
"It feels like our voters were giving Schiano the benefit of the doubt for a while because we understood the challenges of Rutgers and known he'd had success there before."
Greg1's first winning season was in year five, then being a constant bowl constant and maybe that's what is expected from G2 .
Giving Schiano the benefit of doubt in thinking he can do that again
what challenges? B1G, great facilities, top ranked school, largest media market

people need to stop focusing on the bad and retelling the story if you want to change things.

Greg sucks still yes, that is the challenge I see today

I mean, they won 4 games, 3 by the skin of their teeth. There wasn't a single good showing against a team not named Wagner.
they won 5 in year 2 of the G2 era and went to a bowl game.
Year 3 was a step backwards but the improvement shown in year 2 gave Greg the benefit of doubt that his G2 era would produce the same type of program his G1 time produced .
Like it or not, Year 2 of the Greg2 era produced a bowl invite .
No matter if the qualification was less than usual and no matter what you and some others think about Schiano> Rutgers played in the Gator Bowl and look for reasons to knock it all you want, the fact is : a bowl invite was obtained and Rutgers went bowling in Greg's G2 era's second year .

Year 3 was a step backwards but the improvement shown in year 2 gave Greg the benefit of doubt that his G2 era would produce the same type of program his G1 time produced .
No matter if the qualification was less than usual and no matter what you and some others think about Schiano> Rutgers played in the Gator Bowl and look for reasons to knock it all you want, the fact is : a bowl invite was obtained and Rutgers went bowling in Greg's G2 era's second year .
'no matter'. my God man are you high?

Greg has gone backwards, not forwards. Of note, he did better with Ash's recruits, not his and as less Ash recruits play, Greg seemed to do worse

Getting to a bowl game just doesn't mean much these days, even done the normal way. Hang your hat on that all you want but a 5 win season is a 5 win season. And that was 2 years ago. It's grasping at straws trying to tout these achievements as anything but mediocre, if even that much. Many of our fans have low demands and settle for very little. The rest of college football doesn't give a crap about this stuff, though.

Getting to a bowl game just doesn't mean much these days, even done the normal way. Hang your hat on that all you want but a 5 win season is a 5 win season. And that was 2 years ago. It's grasping at straws trying to tout these achievements as anything but mediocre, if even that much. Many of our fans have low demands and settle for very little. The rest of college football doesn't give a crap about this stuff, though.
it's embarrassing really and hanging a hat on it is like being the smartest guy at the table for challenged adults.

Greg has gone backwards, not forwards. Of note, he did better with Ash's recruits, not his and as less Ash recruits play, Greg seemed to do worse
And Schiano had his best year in a year which was totally f*cked by covid and sometimes saw teams gutted by players and coaches sidelined with covid. Without covid, his first year might've been far less of a turnaround.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
And Schiano had his best year in a year which was totally f*cked by covid and sometimes saw teams gutted by players and coaches sidelined with covid. Without covid, his first year might've been far less of a turnaround.
yes very true and most forget this

All I need to know about Greg was who was penciled in at year 3 at qb. That is all you really need to know about him, the staff, the team, and direction of the program. sickening really

yes very true and most forget this

All I need to know about Greg was who was penciled in at year 3 at qb. That is all you really need to know about him, the staff, the team, and direction of the program. sickening really
He was always unable to develop QBs and he still is, and that's fatal in today's game. A better coach would've had at least a mediocre QB and offense in Year 3 capable of moving the ball sometimes, not #119 or whatever it was. It's definitely a warning sign that more bad football is likely ahead. It's inexcusable to have an offense that only functioned against Wagner.

• Love

Seriously, that guy is taking performance credit for a bowl game appearance based only on Covid status and maybe TV Demographics. LOL. What a maroon.

Maybe our best path to a bowl during Greg v2 would be for Greg to use biological weapons.

Seriously, that guy is taking performance credit for a bowl game appearance based only on Covid status and maybe TV Demographics. LOL. What a maroon.

Maybe our best path to a bowl during Greg v2 would be for Greg to use biological weapons.
it's unbelievable the lengths people will go to make excuses. You want to know why RU sucks, he's the poster boy

Reactions: Rokodesh

No I'm giving credit to being able to be good enough to use the lower standards.
I'm giving Schiano credit for putting Rutgers in a position that it's W-L record allowed it's academic standing to have RUin a position to go bowling.
Many programs couldn't and the previous HC
2016Rutgers2–100–97th (East)
2017Rutgers4–83–65th (East)
2018Rutgers1–110–97th (East)
2019Rutgers1–4*0–3(East)
Rutgers:8–333–27
Total:8–33
never won the 5 games it took.
Many a fool looks down on what made the fanbase happy because what happened doesn't fit their Debbie downer need for G2 to completely fail and give them a chance to say I told you so.

As the poster boy ( OF EXCUSES) I have to say,: glad to be called that by people that have a not good enough and never will be mentality when it comes to RU FB.
i have the type of attitude that has me feeling Greg did it once and can do it again.
Insult all you want, I look at the source and laugh 😁

Last edited:
No I'm giving credit to being able to be good enough to use the lower standards.
I'm giving Schiano credit for putting Rutgers in a position that it's W-L record allowed it's academic standing to have RUin a position to go bowling.
2019Rutgers1–4*0–3(East)
Many a fool looks down on what made the fanbase happy because what happened doesn't fit their Debbie downer need for G2 to completely fail and give them a chance to say I told you so.

As the poster boy ( OF EXCUSES) I have to say,: glad to be called that by people that have a not good enough and never will be mentality when it comes to RU FB.
i have the type of attitude that has me feeling Greg did it once and can do it again.
not as much as we're laughing at you I can assure you.

not as much as we're laughing at you I can assure you.
Someone else you might want to laugh at.
But I expect you and the other "we can’t do it: types will go sulk in the shadows hiding from your wrongness when this comes to pass

> NOVEMBER 25TH VS. MARYLAND​

HAVE to win this game. Not only to go bowling, but because these are the types of games, at home, that must be win for RU to take the next step. Stopping Taulia Tagovaiola won't be easy, but I think Greg Schiano will have a thing or two up his sleeves to slow the star QB down. The Terps' defense isn't ultra impressive either, and I think Wimsatt & co. will be able to move the ball effectively. This will be a hard fought game, but RU will prevail 31-27 to advance to 6-6 on the season and go bowling.<

https://rutgers.rivals.com/news/ins...dictions-for-the-2023-rutgers-football-season

Someone else you might want to laugh at.
But I expect you and the other "we can’t do it: types will go sulk in the shadows hiding from your wrongness when this comes to pass

> NOVEMBER 25TH VS. MARYLAND​

HAVE to win this game. Not only to go bowling, but because these are the types of games, at home, that must be win for RU to take the next step. Stopping Taulia Tagovaiola won't be easy, but I think Greg Schiano will have a thing or two up his sleeves to slow the star QB down. The Terps' defense isn't ultra impressive either, and I think Wimsatt & co. will be able to move the ball effectively. This will be a hard fought game, but RU will prevail 31-27 to advance to 6-6 on the season and go bowling.<

https://rutgers.rivals.com/news/ins...dictions-for-the-2023-rutgers-football-season
An oldie but a goodie...

Reactions: MADHAT1
2019Rutgers1–4*0–3(East)

LOL. Polyana.

You went out and got a Schiano tattoo, didn't you. LOLOL

• Haha
LOL. Polyana.

You went out and got a Schiano tattoo, didn't you. LOLOL
Actually just had the one I got in 2006 redone to brighten up his smile
famous-cute-white-dog-you-so-funny-meme-cdmnseoxevgktlwl.gif

We went to a bowl game because Texas A&M got Covid and every other bowl eligible team in the country had made bowl commitments while there was too much advertising money at stake for the game to not be played. So we showed up and got blown the hell off the field by perennial power Wake Forest.

Only at Rutgers do we have fans who count that as a ‘Win’… smh

We went to a bowl game because Texas A&M got Covid and every other bowl eligible team in the country had made bowl commitments while there was too much advertising money at stake for the game to not be played. So we showed up and got blown the hell off the field by perennial power Wake Forest.

Only at Rutgers do we have fans who count that as a ‘Win’… smh

You could also look at it as a step up after 1-11 and 2-10 seasons.

You could also look at it as a step up after 1-11 and 2-10 seasons.
I’m all about looking at the record as a step up, that’s totally fair and a valid point. Where it looks bad is bragging about going to the gator bowl as a result. The only reason we went to the gator bowl was bc Texas A&M caught Covid. It’s really that simple. Bragging about going to a bowl game based on a 1 off scenario that will never happen again while being blown off the field in that game by a program no one would consider a ‘power’ is just remarkably small time sounding.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT