ADVERTISEMENT

Class of '25 Commits

Typical Brecht recruit. Athletic, fast, and aggressive. He runs track and starts as a running back on the football team. Can’t think of too many guys we get that don’t play multiple sports. Let those system kids go elsewhere.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see him as a d mid in our system. He can move, can play D, and is instant offense when he gets the ball. We have some other good young guys coming in that position too.

Love looking at a D1 highlight tape especially a middie. Speed transitioning in the middle of the field, strong handle, ambidextrous shooter, can sling it but find the open teammate too.

Last edited:
Any of you who closely watch HS ball in New Jersey seen Rumson - Fair Haven close D Frank Argilagos play? Committed to Dartmouth this week.

6'2" 210 I'd say so.

Is that the 1st Deerfield kid for Rutgers? That would be a pipeline worth maintaining.
Fits in well with how we play. Our fogos are expected to be threats once they get the ball

We’ve had a couple over the years but not many. The staff values athleticism above all else but it never hurts to get kids that have been coached at a high level. Also prep school kids are usually a year older so it’s almost like a free red shirt year.

Still amazes me we had a guy like Coyne who was starting as a 17 year old who otherwise would have been a senior in HS.

Reactions: gef21
100%. Big difference between 21/22 year old seniors and 23/24 year old seniors.

Get old stay old.

Deion Sanders has essentially flipped the recruiting paradigm. He said he's only taking 5 HS seniors. The rest are going to be transfers.

Fortunately for us, Brian was on this way before anyone else. At least as much as you can be in lacrosse. Force other programs to recruit their players every year.

Reactions: Wagram97
Fortunately for us, Brian was on this way before anyone else. At least as much as you can be in lacrosse. Force other programs to recruit their players every year.
cope. keep sticking your fingers in your ears and thinking recruiting is not a huge problem. knights are getting their clock cleaned on the trail. and after this year, the transfer cavalry is not riding in to save the day. you are in for a rude awakening if you actually believe the stuff you post but i got a feeling that deep down you know the truth but are projecting bluster here so people dont freak out which, if so i dont really blame you

Reactions: rufamily
cope. keep sticking your fingers in your ears and thinking recruiting is not a huge problem. knights are getting their clock cleaned on the trail. and after this year, the transfer cavalry is not riding in to save the day. you are in for a rude awakening if you actually believe the stuff you post but i got a feeling that deep down you know the truth but are projecting bluster here so people dont freak out which, if so i dont really blame you
Go back to your frozen cave

The more you post the more I can tell you know nothing. Rutgers was beating Syracuse with zero star players. We will be winning championships with 3 and 4 stars.

This guy is very jealous of Rutgers. He should be thanking us. We turned down at least 3 guys from Syracuse that wanted to transfer but were told no thanks.

The more you post the more I can tell you know nothing. Rutgers was beating Syracuse with zero star players. We will be winning championships with 3 and 4 stars.

This guy is very jealous of Rutgers. He should be thanking us. We turned down at least 3 guys from Syracuse that wanted to transfer but were told no thanks.
im not a syracuse fan but keep coping and denying reality. i post on the cuse forum because they like to talk shop and are friendly to outsiders outside of one freak named "DoctahLexus." i also post on uva's sabre forums. you've got a recruiting problem that starting next offseason the portal will not fix

"brian was on this way before anyone else" because he was FORCED to be because he couldnt get the recruits in through the traditional way. he was smart to do this but when the covid eligibility runs out next year it will no longer be a sustainable way to build a winning roster. the recruits are not good enough to make NCAA tournaments regularly or win B1G titles let alone "win championships"

how many of rutgers' 14 transfers this year are undergrads with several years of eligibility left? 2? and are they elite players? that's about what you can expect from the portal in 2024 and beyond. thats not going to be enough to build the roster you want. traditional recruiting has to pick up. a stadium will help but theres still lots more to do. dont shoot the messenger.

• Haha
Reactions: Caliknight
Any of you who closely watch HS ball in New Jersey seen Rumson - Fair Haven close D Frank Argilagos play? Committed to Dartmouth this week.
Stankovits at Deerfield is a Rumson kid that also committed to Dartmouth.

im not a syracuse fan but keep coping and denying reality. i post on the cuse forum because they like to talk shop and are friendly to outsiders outside of one freak named "DoctahLexus." i also post on uva's sabre forums. you've got a recruiting problem that starting next offseason the portal will not fix

"brian was on this way before anyone else" because he was FORCED to be because he couldnt get the recruits in through the traditional way. he was smart to do this but when the covid eligibility runs out next year it will no longer be a sustainable way to build a winning roster. the recruits are not good enough to make NCAA tournaments regularly or win B1G titles let alone "win championships"

how many of rutgers' 14 transfers this year are undergrads with several years of eligibility left? 2? and are they elite players? that's about what you can expect from the portal in 2024 and beyond. thats not going to be enough to build the roster you want. traditional recruiting has to pick up. a stadium will help but theres still lots more to do. dont shoot the messenger.
I like where he claims to know so much, then had to ask basic questions. “Forced” to take All Americans lol

You don’t know anything. Go away loser.

You can see why the staff took him so early. Long and has the one thing all good defenders share in common- great feet. And he can run after he gets the ball in his stick.

We are recruiting some really long defenders. I can see in couple of years having a close defense that is 6'3 to 6'5". That sort of length presents all kinds of challenges.

I took a 15 minute look at the inside lacrosse website and it’s hard not to to notice our HS recruiting is not at the level of the majority of ACC schools, many of the Ivies (expected) and several Big Ten schools. Brecht can call those elite lax only athletes “system guys” but the teams they are committing to are mostly in the playoff picture if not title picture each year. Hopefully a new facility sways a couple guys each year. Good times ahead for RU lax.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
You can see why the staff took him so early. Long and has the one thing all good defenders share in common- great feet. And he can run after he gets the ball in his stick.

We are recruiting some really long defenders. I can see in couple of years having a close defense that is 6'3 to 6'5". That sort of length presents all kinds of challenges.
That kinda length alters passes, dodge angles, GBs…..everything. And just like speed it can help cover mistakes.

It's been worse in the past from IL rankings. Duke, Uva, Maryland out recruit everyone. We see it on the field.

Those other schools? On IL paper we should never stand a chance. I remember vividly Hopkins as an example. Their classes were filled with early commit four and five stars. Then I saw them at field level at RU one time and it was very obvious- we were bigger, faster, stronger. All those unranked kids we had boat raced their smurf'ish four and five stars.

On paper, Harvard had far more star players coming out of HS than we had when we played them. It was men against boys. Same with the UPenn game. There are many examples.

There are definitely guys that we recruited that went elsewhere but don't put too much stock in it. And if you do, realize the kids we are getting now have higher profiles than at any other time.

To your point, NIL and the stadium. NIL is growing. The stadium needs to get done. The staff will keep recruiting to their system.

It's been worse in the past from IL rankings. Duke, Uva, Maryland out recruit everyone. We see it on the field.

Those other schools? On IL paper we should never stand a chance. I remember vividly Hopkins as an example. Their classes were filled with early commit four and five stars. Then I saw them at field level at RU one time and it was very obvious- we were bigger, faster, stronger. All those unranked kids we had boat raced their smurf'ish four and five stars.

On paper, Harvard had far more star players coming out of HS than we had when we played them. It was men against boys. Same with the UPenn game. There are many examples.

There are definitely guys that we recruited that went elsewhere but don't put too much stock in it. And if you do, realize the kids we are getting now have higher profiles than at any other time.

To your point, NIL and the stadium. NIL is growing. The stadium needs to get done. The staff will keep recruiting to their system.

Spot on with Penn, but those Harvard 4 stars were almost all true freshmen.

BTW, got this comment about Rizzotti from someone way more connected to the program than I:

"Real deal, great motor and terrific guy, Leader." Allowing for some home team bias that's still good news.

Last edited:
We can list a number of programs over the years that have out recruited us on paper that we’ve beat. Point being we aren’t getting every kid we wanted. But the ones we want and get have proven themselves capable of playing with and beating other teams who have a lot more stars. I’ve followed this long enough to know those IL rankings are highly inaccurate. Im sure they do their best but 2 guys sitting in Baltimore with limited reach can’t be that accurate. Our recruit profiles on IL have steadily been rising though. I suspect that has more to do with our success.

Rizzotti will help immediately no question.

I figured maybe only people here would appreciate this, but I could be wrong.

I was grabbing coffee today by my home and I saw a young man wearing a Maryland Lacrosse polo shirt. I asked if he played and we started talking. I didn't even realize until I got to my office that I had a nice long chat with Brett Makar - All-American defenseman from Maryland. He is from Yorktown which is nearby. He, of course, remembered the RU lacrosse games and was a gentleman in every sense. Impressive young man.

Yorktown has produced a ton of talent over the years, as a public school, the equal or better than many privates. We've had some great players from there including Ed Trabulsy, Jim Gilman, and Dave Disciorio. All were All Americans.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Too short. Not physical (wink wink). Really like his tape. Strong with a great base.

Definitely athletic and crafty and able to eat checks. Without knowing anything I wouldn’t be surprised if he plays hockey.

Grassi is good. Got a bunch of texts from people I know involved in the club scene out here.

We picked up another LSM. Long and rangy, and athletic. Can play transition so will fit in well with our style.

Colton Yates. Plays for a good club team too where we’ve had a lot of success.

Grassi is good. Got a bunch of texts from people I know involved in the club scene out here.

We picked up another LSM. Long and rangy, and athletic. Can play transition so will fit in well with our style.

Colton Yates. Plays for a good club team too where we’ve had a lot of success.

I always like when a HT/WT is listed. Any idea how long this kid is? Gotta be 6'3" no?

I think I saw him listed somewhere at 6'3. Clearly has solid length which Brecht loves.

We've had some dynamite guys that were just wrecking balls who weren't that height though. Pless and Rall come to mind immediately. Both of those dudes absolutely terrorized the middle of the field.

I think length is more important for close D than long poles. Close D are operating in a phone booth. It’s all about angles. Being long and rangy is a huge advantage. For long poles, speed, agility and quick hands and feet are key. If you have all that plus length it is ideal but players with that combination are rare.

Great to see us making real inroads into the Philly private school scene. They are producing a lot of talent.

I think length is more important for close D than long poles. Close D are operating in a phone booth. It’s all about angles. Being long and rangy is a huge advantage. For long poles, speed, agility and quick hands and feet are key. If you have all that plus length it is ideal but players with that combination are rare.

Agree with the length. Our close D is going to be long this year. McKelvy has been making some waves and he is 6'5. Rizzotti and Mendyke are both 6'2" with length.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT