ADVERTISEMENT

Class of '25 Commits

Dropping this in the '25 commit thread but we have a new '24 commit - Bennet Della Valle from Avon Old Farms. Looks like a beast, would not want a buddy pass lobbed in my direction with him in the vicinity.

Bennet Della Valle

Dropping this in the '25 commit thread but we have a new '24 commit - Bennet Della Valle from Avon Old Farms. Looks like a beast, would not want a buddy pass lobbed in my direction with him in the vicinity.

Bennet Della Valle
Great pick up. Kid is a beast. He also has great feet for his size. Our D is looking the part that’s for sure. First off the bus guys now

Reactions: jreinsdorf
Picked up another commitment from Blake Tonelli out of Culver. Canadian kid who plays pole, along with box at a high level and hockey.

There has been a concerted effort to get kids out of these nationally winning programs. The simply come in more college ready.

AC approved recruit. More than good enough for me.

Picked up another commitment from Blake Tonelli out of Culver. Canadian kid who plays pole, along with box at a high level and hockey.

There has been a concerted effort to get kids out of these nationally winning programs. The simply come in more college ready.

AC approved recruit. More than good enough for me.

Wonder if he's any relation to John Tonelli the former Islander player. He's a little young, but could be a nephew.

And more than just Haverford, which is a machine. All the Interac schools and Hill are all putting players into D1 schools. Lot interaction with the MAPL.
Malvern Prep is loaded, they have 20 D1 commits on their team.

My girlfriend’s son plays for Team Ten (2026), it’s made up of kids from southeastern PA and South Jersey. They are ranked 7th in the country and just beat the #1 ranked team, LI Express Channy. We have 3 kids on the team from Shawnee that Rutgers should go after.

Joe Norton announced on SM his commitment to R.

Big one- athletic 6'5 210 mid/att lefty who can run. Another multi sport athlete. I think we have a blueprint for how we use these guys now. Reminds me of lefty version of Kelly who you will see this year. These guys sling it.

Joe play hs ball at Detroit Country Day and for the elite LI Express club team. Really good pick up. He's a Canadian kid and has those slick stick skills, especially for someone his size.

Last edited:
Joe Norton announced on SM his commitment to R.

Big one- athletic 6'5 210 mid/att lefty who can run. Another multi sport athlete. I think we have a blueprint for how we use these guys now. Reminds me of lefty version of Kelly who you will see this year. These guys sling it.

Joe play hs ball at Detroit Country Day and for the elite LI Express club team. Really good pick up. He's a Canadian kid and has those slick stick skills, especially for someone his size.
So much to like in one post haha.

Reactions: Caliknight
I don't see it listed but we also picked up another '24, James Earls, an athletic defender from Robinson Secondary School which is coached by a former Rutgers player Matt Curran (albeit I am not sure he finished at RU).

James Earls

I get a little pushback from this from some of the older guys but I get to see a few practices and games up close on the field every year.

There is no question these guys are now bigger, stronger, faster across the board. Could some of us have played with these kids today? 100%. But the size and speed across the board is much different than it was 30 years ago. The equipment also makes things possible that weren't before.

Just like every sport, lacrosse continues to evolve, and we've never seen this level of athleticism before.

Reactions: Wagram97
I get a little pushback from this from some of the older guys but I get to see a few practices and games up close on the field every year.

There is no question these guys are now bigger, stronger, faster across the board. Could some of us have played with these kids today? 100%. But the size and speed across the board is much different than it was 30 years ago. The equipment also makes things possible that weren't before.

Just like every sport, lacrosse continues to evolve, and we've never seen this level of athleticism before.

You think the equipment makes more things possible than when you played? Try it from my perspective?

• Haha
We had some of my father's old sticks around growing up. No idea how people played with those wooden things!

We had some of my father's old sticks around growing up. No idea how people played with those wooden things!

Wood sticks my first three years. And if today's players caught some legal slap checks from a wood defense stick it would open some eyes.

Just wait til the urban lacrosse initiatives get most established and kids who previously couldn’t afford the sport now have access.

Sixes will really help. The biggest barrier to entry isn't the cost of equipment, though high, is significantly helped with grants, but field space.

Inner cities don't have a lot of lacrosse size fields available to play on everywhere.

Smaller fields that sixes play on is a game changer in that regard.

Kids can ball. Super athletic high if you haven’t realized it now, is simply a must on our team.

Bowerman is nasty. Size and great feet. Love what we are bringing in on D

Kids can ball. Super athletic high if you haven’t realized it now, is simply a must on our team.

Bowerman is nasty. Size and great feet. Love what we are bringing in on D

It may be highlights, but speed is speed. Bowerman looks quick.

Kid has thing you can’t teach that is a trait among good defenders bar none. Great feet. Easy to see

Reminds me of possibly our greatest D man ever. Certainly not putting him in that class but his movements look familiar.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT