ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson WR to transfer for 5th year

If I were him I'd look for a team that had a stud QB AND a need for WRs. He only has 1 year to make his mark.

Well, we do have some extra schollies for the right type of player, correct?

College football free agency. The proliferation of 5th year transfers.

GO RU

5th year transfers generally look for stability, stud qb like mentioned earlier and an opportunity to shine. Its their last hoorah. I dont see him coming here, however that would nice! Good to be hopeful, WR's are a definitive need here right now.

So Turzilli came to Rutgers to play for a stud QB named Gary Nova? You sure as hell wouldn't have thought that reading this board.

And as I recall, it worked out pretty well for him.

Reactions: MikeR0102
So Turzilli came to Rutgers to play for a stud QB named Gary Nova? You sure as hell wouldn't have thought that reading this board.

And as I recall, it worked out pretty well for him.

That Michigan game was money for Turzilli. Reading the quotes below, things must have been horrific at Kansas. Things changed quickly in a year after that game.

http://www.app.com/story/sports/col...-kansas-butler-high-school-michigan/16758073/

At Kansas, in 29 games over four seasons, he hauled in three scoring passes. Over the past eight days he doubled his career touchdown total.

“The reason he’s been able to work at Rutgers is because he’s an egoless player,” Rutgers coach Kyle Flood said. “He came here with no agenda other than wanting to be a part of a successful football team and to fit in however he could. He’s an excellent example for the younger players with how hard he works, and he has added much-needed depth to a position we needed depth at.”

At 6-foot-3 and blessed with great speed, Turzilli seems like he should have flourished all along. But he needed a change of scenery. Flood has provided that, especially when compared with former Kansas coach Charlie Weis, who was recently fired.

I don’t want to talk bad about my last school, but it’s night and day different,” Turzilli said. “Coach Flood, the way he runs his program is so great, I wish I would have made the move earlier. He respects all of us, and he brings a lot of excitement to the game, to practices. That’s something I’m not used to. And his door is always open.”

But wasn't Turzilli from New Jersey? This Clemson kid is from North Carolina. Seems unlikely he would be interested in Rutgers in my opinion.

Laughable that some think Rutgers has a chance. Why would a 5th year senior want to come to a school without a stating QB and installing a new offense? He has no time for a rebuilding season, he has 1 year.

Reactions: jup540
But wasn't Turzilli from New Jersey? This Clemson kid is from North Carolina. Seems unlikely he would be interested in Rutgers in my opinion.

I have no idea what the WR situation is at UNC, NC State, Wake or Duke. However, Carroo leaves an opening for someone to contribute immediately at Rutgers. It's not THAT far from home and it's a B1G school

At 6-foot-3 and blessed with great speed, Turzilli seems like he should have flourished all along. But he needed a change of scenery. Flood has provided that, especially when compared with former Kansas coach Charlie Weis, who was recently fired.

I don’t want to talk bad about my last school, but it’s night and day different,” Turzilli said. “Coach Flood, the way he runs his program is so great, I wish I would have made the move earlier. He respects all of us, and he brings a lot of excitement to the game, to practices. That’s something I’m not used to. And his door is always open.”

I wonder how many people fell out of their chairs after reading that.

I have no idea what the WR situation is at UNC, NC State, Wake or Duke. However, Carroo leaves an opening for someone to contribute immediately at Rutgers. It's not THAT far from home and it's a B1G school
I thought you the graduate transfer thing doesn't work within the same conference? So he'd have to go to the SEC if he wants to stay in the south. Or B12 if he wants a taste of Texas.

I thought you the graduate transfer thing doesn't work within the same conference? So he'd have to go to the SEC if he wants to stay in the south. Or B12 if he wants a taste of Texas.

Isn't it permitted if the school he goes to offers a grad program not offered by the school he's leaving? Not positive on that answer.

Isn't it permitted if the school he goes to offers a grad program not offered by the school he's leaving? Not positive on that answer.
No, that's why the grad transfer rule applies in the first place.

Laughable that some think Rutgers has a chance. Why would a 5th year senior want to come to a school without a stating QB and installing a new offense? He has no time for a rebuilding season, he has 1 year.
Just as Laughable that you assume Rutgers has no chance. We jut got a transfer from Michigan who grew up in Ohio. We have no idea if this kid has any prior relationships with out coaches or if our coaches have a prior relationship with the kids HS. We also don't know what his actual transfer options are. Is it probable? Doubtful but it doesn't mean posting the kid is out there is laughable. If you recall, we had that TCU WR transfer coming last season until something occurred at the 11th hour. We had no QB at that point in time either.

Just as Laughable that you assume Rutgers has no chance. We jut got a transfer from Michigan who grew up in Ohio. We have no idea if this kid has any prior relationships with out coaches or if our coaches have a prior relationship with the kids HS. We also don't know what his actual transfer options are. Is it probable? Doubtful but it doesn't mean posting the kid is out there is laughable. If you recall, we had that TCU WR transfer coming last season until something occurred at the 11th hour. We had no QB at that point in time either.
I wouldn't discount any transfer but if you really think that a kid with just one season, one shot is going to choose any school in Rutgers same position than your nuts.
Too many strikes against a school under the same circumstances.
New coach.
New completely different offense.
No starting QB.

Why would a WR choose to jump into that his last year in college?? There are better options for him to see the field.
The good news for Rutgers is that this is only a one year issue. Next season at the same time Ash will be able to sell alot more.

The other issue is from what everyone can tell is that this kid has never shown interest in Rutgers anytime in his past.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT