ADVERTISEMENT

Cliff Last Night

I like cliff slot but it’s rare for a big man to come in and make a huge difference freshman year.
Just look at all the big men we have had in the past. Usually takes a year or two.

I like cliff slot but it’s rare for a big man to come in and make a huge difference freshman year.
Just look at all the big men we have had in the past. Usually takes a year or two.

True. But, he's very talented and I think even as a frosh he'd be a big upgrade over Carter, which would help a lot.

Reactions: ScarletR30
Cliff would really help. I have seen him play about 10 times over the last 3-4 years. He would learn a lot playing behind Myles and would definitely improve his game by working under Steve and our staff and competing in the best league in the country. What other league has big men as good as those in the BIG 10? It isn't even close. Every team in our league has at least one outstanding center. Cliff blocks shots, rebounds & can jump to the moon. He can really develop his full game coming to RU.

The biggest factor in landing Cliff is he doesn't have to come in and be the savior. For the first time in 45 years we have everything in place already and all any blue chip kid has to do is come in and contribute a little and learn on the job. Think about that. We'd sign one of the better big men in the country and we don't expect him to start his frosh year. That tells you how far we've come and should be a huge comfort to any top kid considering us. Next year could be a huge year with or without C. O.

Reactions: DECKRU
Myles 24
Cliff 16

would be GREAT.

anyone want to give me odds that Myles develops a perimeter game in the offseason so both could be on the court a little bit?

3 to 1?

Cliff would really help. I have seen him play about 10 times over the last 3-4 years. He would learn a lot playing behind Myles and would definitely improve his game by working under Steve and our staff and competing in the best league in the country. What other league has big men as good as those in the BIG 10? It isn't even close. Every team in our league has at least one outstanding center. Cliff blocks shots, rebounds & can jump to the moon. He can really develop his full game coming to RU.
Williams and Haarms sharing the 5 pretty solid..

Myles 24
Cliff 16

would be GREAT.

anyone want to give me odds that Myles develops a perimeter game in the offseason so both could be on the court a little bit?

3 to 1?
I’ve been thinking that Myles should work on his shot from deep (regardless of having Cliff in there with him). They’ll never cover him out there so he should be able to make 25%. Then they’ll start getting out on him which will open things up.

Myles 24
Cliff 16

would be GREAT.

3 to 1?
Would bet the house on no

I’ve been thinking that Myles should work on his shot from deep (regardless of having Cliff in there with him). They’ll never cover him out there so he should be able to make 25%. Then they’ll start getting out on him which will open things up.
:eek:

Right, a guy who can't make a free throw is suddenly going to make it rain 3's. Come on.

Reactions: MV9000
Right, a guy who can't make a free throw is suddenly going to make it rain 3's. Come on.
Myles makes 40% of his FTs. With nobody covering him, I bet he can make 20-25% from the arc. We may never find out, but my point was that just the threat of him making one of 4 or 5 would open things up.

Myles makes 40% of his FTs. With nobody covering him, I bet he can make 20-25% from the arc. We may never find out, but my point was that just the threat of him making one of 4 or 5 would open things up.
Any smart opposing coach would beg Myles to take a handful of 3's every game because it would be like a turnover.

Reactions: patk89
Noted in the article that he want to study engineering. We really are the perfect situation for him.

A style of play that suits his skill set (defense, blocking shots, lobs to the rim) but we also have a guy at his position that is already an engineer that he can learn from and we can point at to show "hey we will accommodate your studies."

I would be interested to see how many players from high major conferences are engineering students. It can't be much at all. I see him at Rutgers next year unless one of these other schools come with a $ignificant Bag

Does Cliff realize how good we are if he comes here? We essentially have him replacing Shaq and we need to have one of the three or a combo of the three incoming guys equate to Yeboah. I think it's a top 20 team and if we add one other grad transfer or Juco; could be even better. This is a big time team with a sizable guy like Cliff. Think about the Illinois freshman and his impact on that team?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT