ADVERTISEMENT

Coach K day on ESPN

Plum Street

Hall of Famer
Jun 21, 2009
Wall to wall coverage on espn leading into tonight’s duke -unc game . Enjoy watching as college basketball gets ready to say goodbye to a legend !

I remember, back in the day, there used to be a great sports tv station called ESPN, but I think they've been gone a while...

ESPN lost its way when it got political. On a lesser note I find the quality of their announcers to be lacking and they too often resort to BS’ing about everything other than the game. Real sports fans are watching about the game itself. BTN is so much better.

Reactions: Plum Street
ESPN lost its way when it got political. On a lesser note I find the quality of their announcers to be lacking and they too often resort to BS’ing about everything other than the game. Real sports fans are watching about the game itself. BTN is so much better.
Btn is great . I love that they have former recent players. You get a much different analysis than from the old farts here .
I would think geo would be great as an in studio analyst .

Reactions: Scangg
I think they lost their way when they started objecting to Chris Berman having fun with football highlights. They went from fun to serious business and lost their way.

I heard on the radio that Duke requested to the NCAA Tournament Committee that they be placed in the Midwest Region. It’s being played in Chicago, Coach K’s hometown.
Suprised they didn’t ask to be placed in the Final 4

Coach K - 2nd best all time HC behind John Wooden.

Also big time hypocrite. He relished when ACC poached Big East and then threw a wussy temper when Maryland left for Big 10 as he banished them forever - never to schedule a game against them etc. I was always hoping we’d see Duke - Maryland in Big 10!/ ACC Challenge but Coach K would not allow it.

Interesting that he also selected Scheyer to be successor HC so he can still control strings.

I will second that, Coach K is not the person they will portray all day, pretty shady dude.
Is he running a church choir group or competing in one of the shadiest industries in this country ? No sh$t you gotta be shady to succeed in college basketball

I hate him and Duke so bad I am rooting for UNC. RU just needs to take care of business.
I'm still not sure if I will hate Duke as much next year when he's gone. Although I will be rooting for his hand picked successor to fail

Is he running a church choir group or competing in one of the shadiest industries in this country ? No sh$t you gotta be shady to succeed in college basketball
At least guys like Knight and others never tried to act like choir boys. Coach K puts on the phony act and it's really nauseating

At least guys like Knight and others never tried to act like choir boys. Coach K puts on the phony act and it's really nauseating
Bobby knight is a bad example for your argument . He ran clean programs and most of his guys went to class. Coach k is a knight protege.
Now take a guy like calhoun, who was about as dirty as they come . Guess who one of his protégés is ?

Bobby knight is a bad example for your argument . He ran clean programs and most of his guys went to class. Coach k is a knight protege.
Now take a guy like calhoun, who was about as dirty as they come . Guess who one of his protégés is ?
Yup, one of the cleanest guys in this business you will ever see and doing an amazing job. The apple doesn't have to fall to far from the tree.

🖕dook…when something can me me root for UNC, that’s how loathesome that elitist 💩hole is…oh and Durham sucks!

Reactions: knight82
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT