ADVERTISEMENT

College Football News predicts Rutgers to win 5 games

i hope we win at least 5 games, but it is lazy reporting that it seems they just picked the over/under as their answer for most teams. Probably a chat GPT generated article, if you notice no author is listed.
Good to know AI is as clueless as sports media queens…did it have AI generated images with inexplicable features and lettering that looked like Klingon or cardassian? ☺️

• Haha
Reactions: Scarlet83
So the sources ALL had us at 6.5 (which would be 6 or 7 wins) and then they just conclude 5. Yeah ok. 👍🏻

I don’t think this is AI - this screams human bias to me - ie looking at name on helmet.

CFN is by far the worst football preview when compared to other magazine/online sites. They are accurate about 5% of the time. Outside the top 10, they suck at predicting outcomes.

As stated above

Two Words

FUGG em !!!

!!
Mixed Martial Arts Middle Finger GIF by UFC

Who the **** is “College Football News”?

Sounds like some bumass junk aggregator

It’s not totally crazy. Seems to be more about what he’s predicting from the other teams than about RU. The projection is predicting that every BIG team on our schedule will be bowl eligible except UCLA and Iliinois and he has them close at 5 wins.

If that turns out to be the case - the premise that we have an extremely soft schedule would be false. It’s not only about the best teams on your schedule when predicting total win count. Last year we played 3 win Indiana (W) and 4 win Michigan State (W). The version of VTech that we played (based on game day injuries) was weak enough to lose to Marshall the following week. And the NW program was in chaos breaking in a brand new coach on the road.

All 4 games above were at home. If it turns out we’re replacing these 4 games (4-0) with UCLA (5 wins), Illlinois (5 wins), Minny (6 wins) and Michigan State road game (6 wins) - this year’s easiest path to 6 wins would turn out to be much harder than last year’s. 4-0 in the scenerio above wouldn’t be so easy. 3-1 could easily happen.

Then look at the rest. @ Nebraska (7 win), @ USC (9 win), @ Wisconsin (7 win), @ Maryland (6 win), Washington (8 win). I get it - none of these games are like playing OSU but we will likely be substantial underdogs in every one of these games. Going 2-3 would be great progress for us. Expecting 3-2 is nonsense. Predicting us to lose all of them as we always have in past years is not unreasonable from the outside media.

Just goes to show how wildly unrealistic much of this board is. If you say Rutgers looks like a 7 or even 8 win team, you're called a troll and/or unrealistic. Then when that actually happens the same people will be silent before starting the same nonsensical hype for next season.

Make no mistake: an 8-win season would be great progress for Rutgers, which will be favored to lose almost every in-conference game. It's a good, realistic goal for a middle-to-below average program like the one we have. It would also provide a much-needed boost to RU's sagging attendance.

Last edited:
Just goes to show how wildly unrealistic much of this board is. If you say Rutgers looks like a 7 or even 8 win team, you're called a troll and/or unrealistic. Then when that actually happens the same people will be silent before starting the same nonsensical hype for next season.

Make no mistake: an 8-win season would be great progress for Rutgers, which will be favored to lose almost every in-conference game. It's a good, realistic goal for a middle-to-below average program like the one we have. It would also provide a much-needed boost to RU's sagging attendance.

Yes - exactly. There’s nothing good for RU about setting unrealistic bars. What is the point of threads that say we should win at least 10 games? Winning 10 would be hugely exciting and a big deal with or without a thread that predicts that should be the bare minimum. All that does is put a damper on what would otherwise be an accomplishment if we “only” get to 8. And as you said - 8 would mean we had a really good season.

Set the bar low and when you clear it what have truly accomplished? Aim high and even when you fall short, you'll finish ahead of the prognosticators who wish for the worst.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Yes - exactly. There’s nothing good for RU about setting unrealistic bars. What is the point of threads that say we should win at least 10 games? Winning 10 would be hugely exciting and a big deal with or without a thread that predicts that should be the bare minimum. All that does is put a damper on what would otherwise be an accomplishment if we “only” get to 8. And as you said - 8 would mean we had a really good season.
CFN is full of Doo Doo

After two cupcakes and a bye we have a six game gauntlet of Top 40 teams or so, no off weeks, culminating with the USC screw start time. Thanks B10. I'd be happy if we go 3-3 in that stretch. We upgraded our QB a little but not as much as needed, 7 wins would be a very good season.

Reactions: RUStriker
After two cupcakes and a bye we have a six game gauntlet of Top 40 teams or so, no off weeks, culminating with the USC screw start time. Thanks B10. I'd be happy if we go 3-3 in that stretch. We upgraded our QB a little but not as much as needed, 7 wins would be a very good season.
As I tell everyone , our schedule is easier than last year but not easy. Luckily for us Schiano and the team literally take one game at a time. Each game is a one game season of its own.

Reactions: cubuffsdoug
QB is my biggest concern due to it being an unknown. WR is my second biggest concern due to it being an area of weakness in prior seasons and not really knowing how much improved it will be.

Until we start playing decent opponents, we just don't know if our passing game is gonna be any better. And we don't know how much, if anything, we lost in the running game w/the QB change. Everybody can predict all they want, with optimism, pessimism, realism... it's all just guesses.

I wouldn't bet a penny on winning 6 or more games yet, though. There are realistic scenarios for winning 6 or more. But there are realistic scenarios for winning fewer than 6.

So yeah, I'm excited to see where we're at once we face a real team, probably game 3, IIRC.

Reactions: RUStriker
Correct. Those predicting 10 regular season wins are NUTS.
Says a guy who has:

- gone through about 250 monikers since 2016 (close to 200 in the last 2 years alone0

- goes to other team's boards, pretending to be a fan of that school, to diss the school and fans of the board he has pretended to be a fan of the last decade

...."he who lives in a glass house....." :WooHoo: :WooHoo: :WooHoo:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT