ADVERTISEMENT

Confirmed by my ticket rep: NO single game Mens Basketball tickets will be available this season.

R1766U

Senior
Jan 17, 2014
NJ
Called to purchase additional ticket for the Rutgers Washington game next week.
I asked when single game basketball tickets would be on sale.
Rep said there will be no single game seats. All tickets are sold to season ticket holders.

Buckle up.

I'm on the "Interest List" for MBB season tickets.

I'm hoping priority points will count when it comes to distributing tickets ... but I'll take the very last row if it comes to that.

When will there be a announcement regarding tickets for the exhibition game against St.Johns in October?

The athletic department is holding tickets back. Doesn't mean they'll be sold but there are not 6,500 season tickets. Frankly, they should reduce the number of student tickets. They've proven that that there's just not widespread interest among most undergrads.
Just bring in football recruits to all the games to fill empties in student section.😉

That is a joke. The football recruits just sit on their hands. Very few of them cheer for our guys. The football team better do their part this season to make their season a really good one when we bring in basketball recruits. They must hold up their end of the bargain. They have a cake schedule this year not playing Ohio State, Michigan or Penn State. It is about time they don’t live off the excitement at our basketball games.

That is a joke. The football recruits just sit on their hands. Very few of them cheer for our guys. The football team better do their part this season to make their season a really good one when we bring in basketball recruits. They must hold up their end of the bargain. They have a cake schedule this year not playing Ohio State, Michigan or Penn State. It is about time they don’t live off the excitement at our basketball games.
The comments by the football recruits often mention the basketball game as one of their visit highlights
I know it pains you to see them at the bb games, but it helps get better football players

The athletic department is holding tickets back. Doesn't mean they'll be sold but there are not 6,500 season tickets. Frankly, they should reduce the number of student tickets. They've proven that that there's just not widespread interest among most undergrads.
Not many tickets are being held back.

We had 100 level season tickets last season (long story about how we lost our 100 level season tickets after decades - not giving level, but a family health issue led to confusion over renewal for ONE SINGLE season), but though we did not know it until we tried to renew THIS season, that RU had helped us out due to our longevity (70+ consecutive years of being both basketball and football season ticket holders) and loyalty and giving level (relatively high ranking) by allocating us 3 100 level seats from the FOOTBALL PROGRAM allocation for the 2023-2024 season.

We were told this Spring (and told truthfully, I can guarantee, due to who told us) that those 100 level seats were no longer available due to such high demand for the 2024-2025 season that non-hoops areas of the school, including even the Football program, the AD's office and the President of the University (all of whom use their allocations for various reasons to forward their purposes) were ALL having their allocations cut back, except for the most important reasons - including even extra tickets for certain Administration and Football people (i.e. maybe not recruiting, but family/friends allocations) - and yes, even Schiano, the AD and the President were being restricted compared to prior seasons. I presume allocations for recruiting purposes are NOT being restricted, or not so much.

I have no idea how many tickets those University/Program "priority" seats represented, but I can assure you they are materially fewer this coming season than they were in prior seasons. Heck, we were lucky to even get 200 Level season tickets this year under those circumstances - grateful for it, in fact ... but safe for future renewals, is our understanding (i.e. not part of any program other than the usual pool of Hoops season ticket holders).

Also, my understanding is that there is a waiting list just for 100 level seats (not even all seats, just 100 level) of at least 1500 (which will probably be awarded as 100 level seats get freed up in order of priority points). Don't know if that is 1500 seats, or 1500 ticketholders, some of which (like us) have requested more than 1 seat.

We had 100 level season tickets last season (long story about how we lost our 100 level season tickets after decades - not giving level, but a family health issue led to confusion over renewal for ONE SINGLE season), but though we did not know it until we tried to renew THIS season, that RU had helped us out due to our longevity (70+ consecutive years of being both basketball and football season ticket holders) and loyalty and giving level (relatively high ranking) by allocating us 3 100 level seats from the FOOTBALL PROGRAM allocation for the 2023-2024 season.

We were told this Spring (and told truthfully, I can guarantee, due to who told us) that those 100 level seats were no longer available due to such high demand for the 2024-2025 season that non-hoops areas of the school, including even the Football program, the AD's office and the President of the University (all of whom use their allocations for various reasons to forward their purposes) were ALL having their allocations cut back, except for the most important reasons - including even extra tickets for certain Administration and Football people (i.e. maybe not recruiting, but family/friends allocations) - and yes, even Schiano, the AD and the President were being restricted compared to prior seasons. I presume allocations for recruiting purposes are NOT being restricted, or not so much.

I have no idea how many tickets those University/Program "priority" seats represented, but I can assure you they are materially fewer this coming season than they were in prior seasons. Heck, we were lucky to even get 200 Level season tickets this year under those circumstances - grateful for it, in fact ... but safe for future renewals, is our understanding (i.e. not part of any program other than the usual pool of Hoops season ticket holders).

Also, my understanding is that there is a waiting list just for 100 level seats (not even all seats, just 100 level) of at least 1500 (which will probably be awarded as 100 level seats get freed up in order of priority points). Don't know if that is 1500 seats, or 1500 ticketholders, some of which (like us) have requested more than 1 seat.
Interesting, thanks. I just don't want to see half of section 110 roped off regularly for Big Ten games.

Interesting, thanks. I just don't want to see half of section 110 roped off regularly for Big Ten games.
Local shill

I can verify the tone of this post to be accurate

Next year and beyond is a different story ….
This year ….the hold back is gojng to be limited …the demand is off the charts there

And I have been told they will actually be watching who is selling seats regularly and who is actually in the seats .

One reason why we are playing in newark and the farden is to give locked out fans a couple of chances to see RU play……

Building a brand guys ……

One reason why we are playing in newark and the garden is to give locked out fans a couple of chances to see RU play……

Building a brand guys ……

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

During the 1975-76 season, a few games were played at MSG to allow more fans (not just the privileged ~3K that could squeeze into The Barn) to witness that special team.

With that said, there were probably complainers back then who wanted those MSG games played on College Ave.

everything you have said is true …except I do not think there is this “1500 seat waiting list “ to get into the 100 level in my conversations with people “that would know”

There are certainly sone 200 level season ticket locked out of the 100 level because there are a a decent number of 100 level season tickets sold to people that have the points to keep them because they have had tickets for so long , as opposed to how much they donate

But theee aren’t that many who are donating that much that have that many more priority points than who is already sitting there to force current ticket holders to have to donate more to keep their seats

Maybe a couple of hundred …but not 1500 for sure.

also, there are more than a few seats in the 100 that are sold on Stub hub, seat geek etc…(trust me , I have dealt with my share of games with annoying enemies , even in my seats)….its not like I see our current fans gobbling up seats where I sit when they are listed for $150 on seat geek ….if it’s a big ten game and the seats are triple digits …it’s 80% plus an enemy fan

The only time I see resale seats bought by other Rutgers fans …is for the OOC game when they are listed less than $60-$80 a piece

Don’t think there are these 1500 fans willing to move down and donate to do so …..

FWIW
we have 4 seats in the 300s, season tickets.
Got them 2 seasons ago in anticipation for this year with the recruiting class talk started. We got the last set of 4 together (or 3 for that matter) in the entire arena. We only wanted 3 but they wouldnt let you leave 1 seat by itself so we had to buy all 4.

Tried last year to move down to the 200s, was told there were no new openings. Didnt even bother this year to ask.

Also heard about some Univ high-admins having their ticket allotment slashed.

The hype is real!

everything you have said is true …except I do not think there is this “1500 seat waiting list “ to get into the 100 level in my conversations with people “that would know”

There are certainly sone 200 level season ticket locked out of the 100 level because there are a a decent number of 100 level season tickets sold to people that have the points to keep them because they have had tickets for so long , as opposed to how much they donate

But theee aren’t that many who are donating that much that have that many more priority points than who is already sitting there to force current ticket holders to have to donate more to keep their seats

Maybe a couple of hundred …but not 1500 for sure.

also, there are more than a few seats in the 100 that are sold on Stub hub, seat geek etc…(trust me , I have dealt with my share of games with annoying enemies , even in my seats)….its not like I see our current fans gobbling up seats where I sit when they are listed for $150 on seat geek ….if it’s a big ten game and the seats are triple digits …it’s 80% plus an enemy fan

The only time I see resale seats bought by other Rutgers fans …is for the OOC game when they are listed less than $60-$80 a piece

Don’t think there are these 1500 fans willing to move down and donate to do so …..
I have sat in the front of the 200s for a very long time

I could have probably moved into the 100s along the way,especially during Little page and Jordan period, but I liked where I am

My question is, and I really don't want to, is, can someone with more priority, push out someone in the 100s if they wanted to?
Or do they respect keeping the lower priority person there as long as they pay up and donate the required amount

300 level season ticket holder here. RU definitely holds back tickets to give to seatgeek (partner) and makes a nice profit of sales. I assume they are doing the same this year but will make a larger profit (obviously).

My question is, and I really don't want to, is, can someone with more priority, push out someone in the 100s if they wanted to?
Or do they respect keeping the lower priority person there as long as they pay up and donate the required amount
So ... good question.

There was internal consideration before last season for sort of "reallocating" based on priority points, but the push back was pretty fierce, and they backed off. I do not think they will do that.

As it now stands, as long as you have the minimum annual GIVING level (which is different than priority points), which is a dollar figure above and beyond the ticket price, you keep your current seats. And when you renew your tickets, they will tell you what that number is (the seat fee).

So ... in April of 2023, as I was trying to move back to the 100 Level after a ONE YEAR time (we had 100 level seats from the start of the RAC in 1978 through 2021-2022 season, I gave up our 2022-2023 100 level seats to move into the 200 level (family circumstances - a mistake, of course), I was specifically told the renewal rate for ALL season ticket holders was 96%, including the 300 level.

I was also told in July 2023 (as they were doing the season ticket allocations) that over 800 ACCOUNTS (i.e. ticket holders, not tickets) were trying to move up to the 100 Level. I was also told that they had expected 50-100 seats in the 100 level to open up, and the allocation of the upgrades would be by priority points. But it later turned out that for the 2023-2024 season, in April 2023, fewer than 20 100 level seats were given up. I ended up with 2 100 level seats and 1 200 level seats - but through other means, that it turns out were not permanent.

I was told by my sources helping me with season tickets (very, very good ones), confirmed by the hoops ticket representative (who actually said it was 1500), that for 2024-2025 there was a 1300+ PERSON (not seats, but account holders) waiting list for tickets - my notes imply that is for all levels, not just 100 level (so, Shack, it appears I mistakenly exaggerated).

In the end, I was lucky: I was given, from the BASKETBALL ticket allocations, so these are "forever" tickets assuming I maintain the minimum giving levels needed to keep them - which changes from year to year - 2 seats together in the 200 level, and 1 seat 2 rows behind the 2 seats (literally directly behind, same seat #) in the same section. Seating availability was so tight they could not find 3 seats together in the 200 level for us!

I will say that in my experience, the ticket office really is trying to accomodate, and work with season ticket holders.

So ... good question.

There was internal consideration before last season for sort of "reallocating" based on priority points, but the push back was pretty fierce, and they backed off. I do not think they will do that.

As it now stands, as long as you have the minimum annual GIVING level (which is different than priority points), which is a dollar figure above and beyond the ticket price, you keep your current seats. And when you renew your tickets, they will tell you what that number is (the seat fee).

So ... in April of 2023, as I was trying to move back to the 100 Level after a ONE YEAR time (we had 100 level seats from the start of the RAC in 1978 through 2021-2022 season, I gave up our 2022-2023 100 level seats to move into the 200 level (family circumstances - a mistake, of course), I was specifically told the renewal rate for ALL season ticket holders was 96%, including the 300 level.

I was also told in July 2023 (as they were doing the season ticket allocations) that over 800 ACCOUNTS (i.e. ticket holders, not tickets) were trying to move up to the 100 Level. I was also told that they had expected 50-100 seats in the 100 level to open up, and the allocation of the upgrades would be by priority points. But it later turned out that for the 2023-2024 season, in April 2023, fewer than 20 100 level seats were given up. I ended up with 2 100 level seats and 1 200 level seats - but through other means, that it turns out were not permanent.

I was told by my sources helping me with season tickets (very, very good ones), confirmed by the hoops ticket representative (who actually said it was 1500), that for 2024-2025 there was a 1300+ PERSON (not seats, but account holders) waiting list for tickets - my notes imply that is for all levels, not just 100 level (so, Shack, it appears I mistakenly exaggerated).

In the end, I was lucky: I was given, from the BASKETBALL ticket allocations, so these are "forever" tickets assuming I maintain the minimum giving levels needed to keep them - which changes from year to year - 2 seats together in the 200 level, and 1 seat 2 rows behind the 2 seats (literally directly behind, same seat #) in the same section. Seating availability was so tight they could not find 3 seats together in the 200 level for us!

I will say that in my experience, the ticket office really is trying to accomodate, and work with season ticket holders.
Thanks for the detailed response

The notion of buying season tickets and a parking tag and reselling them nettles me. When I cannot make games, which is frequent (I live most of the year in southwest Florida), I gives my tickets and parking passes to family and friends. The idea that an opponent’s fans could be buying them makes me nuts.

FWIW
we have 4 seats in the 300s, season tickets.
Got them 2 seasons ago in anticipation for this year with the recruiting class talk started. We got the last set of 4 together (or 3 for that matter) in the entire arena. We only wanted 3 but they wouldnt let you leave 1 seat by itself so we had to buy all 4.

Tried last year to move down to the 200s, was told there were no new openings. Didnt even bother this year to ask.

Also heard about some Univ high-admins having their ticket allotment slashed.

The hype is real!

Interesting, I bought my 2 season tickets before last season, and there were several single seats available throughout the arena on the seat selector online. Maybe these were single seats that were allowed from prior years.

At that time, I got the last two together at the very top of the 300s (and they were even on an aisle, which was great). I tried to get a little closer this year, and the ticket rep said there was just nothing available at all.

I know real paper tickets aren’t mailed out anymore( unless you pay the extra $50 or whatever it will be this year),but has anyone heard when the cell phone tickets will be sent out? I finally gave in last year when RU started charging $50 extra for football and $50 extra for basketball instead of $50 for all sports.

The athletic department is holding tickets back. Doesn't mean they'll be sold to the public but there are not 6,500 season tickets. Frankly, they should reduce the number of student tickets. They've proven that that there's just not widespread interest among most undergrads.
Yup, of course they are. Nice money to be made from stub hub for that last batch of tix.

It's a little frustrating that people can just do the absolute bare minimum donation wise to keep prime seat locations because they've had them for decades and the time overtakes the donation level. They need to increase prices everywhere in that arena. Although they doubled court side seats and still got like 98% renewal.

The cheapest ticket on stub hub for the Seton Hall game is over $400 when including fees. Some assholes definitely are scalping the whole season. Same tickets available for most games in section 111 or 112. $500 a pop basically.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: cshelley and Scangg
I wouldn't do it, but if there's ever been a chance to make money off of Rutgers basketball, this is it.

The cheapest ticket on stub hub for the Seton Hall game is over $400 when including fees. Some assholes definitely are scalping the whole season. Same tickets available for most games in section 111 or 112. $500 a pop basically.
If A few seasons ago, season ticket holders were receiving warnings if they were selling their tickets too much. We will see if they do that again.

Reactions: RUskoolie

If A few seasons ago, season ticket holders were receiving warnings if they were selling their tickets too much. We will see if they do that again.
I sit in the 300’s and it is apparent that my seat neighbors sell every single game, as there is a different pair of visiting team fans at nearly every game. Like others have mentioned, if I can’t make a game, I give them away to my other seat neighbors or friends. I’d die before selling my tickets and possibly having a visiting team fan in my seat.

I sit in the 300’s and it is apparent that my seat neighbors sell every single game, as there is a different pair of visiting team fans at nearly every game. Like others have mentioned, if I can’t make a game, I give them away to my other seat neighbors or friends. I’d die before selling my tickets and possibly having a visiting team fan in my seat.
Agree with you I can't make 1 game this year my daughter getting married and I already have them slated to give to a Rutgers guy; I have never sold my tickets on stub hub or whatever in all the years I have had tickets and that is alot of years

Reactions: midKnightrider27
So, people are buying and selling tickets already? Is that true?

Because I thought someone said tickets weren't sent out yet.

From an interview with Pikiell by the Asbury Park Press, also posted in a separate thread:

Q. How many requests have you personally gotten for tickets?

A.
“We have 1,400 accounts on the waiting list, and that’s accounts, not the number of people, so one account could be for six tickets. So when I get requests now, I’m like, ‘Well it’s not that kind of year.’ In a way it’s a little bit easier for me, to be honest – there just aren’t any tickets. People are excited and I’m glad they are. I’m glad they’re excited to see our players play.”

There are no tickets ... none or few were held back other than the visitors' allotment and the student ticket allotment. And maybe for some games something for recruits (basketball and football). And the wait list is forever long.

This. The same is true in Sec. 214 where neighboring seats of ours have new faces each and every game. ☹️

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT