ADVERTISEMENT

Credit to the student section

for the first time in forever, they finally have the R-U chant down pat. It has sounded great this year.

Totally agree. The Riot Squad has been working on this since student orientation.

@FanuSanu52 they should be commended considering every week for the past I don't know how many years there is a thread here bitching about how bad the R-U chant is & how it needs to slow down. Positive reinforcement is a good thing

Reactions: FanuSanu52
Student attendance last week was pathetic.
They were tailgating still. Even though it killed me I had to leave at halftime for a family event. There was a shitload of people still in the green lot tailgating. I told my daughter there must be thousands of fans not even going into the game.

They were tailgating still. Even though it killed me I had to leave at halftime for a family event. There was a shitload of people still in the green lot tailgating. I told my daughter there must be thousands of fans not even going into the game.
I think everybody stayed at their tailgates not just the students. I don't bitch about attendance much, but homecoming and that crowd? That was horrible across the board. But then again can you really blame them with the product we've put out onto the field for 3 yrs. now.

Exactly where were the students doing the RU cheer during the Purdue game? Kidos to the few that showed up.

Student attendance last week was pathetic.

Sadly the "in thing" for them now is just to party off College Ave and many don't even take the trip over to the stadium anymore. Whether you agree with it or not, the fact is that enforcement (some may say "overzealous") of under-age drinking and poor team performances is keeping many away from the parking lots and attending the games.

students dont attend because as soon as they hit the stadium grounds the non people skill MCSO harass the kids.Kids stay in houses,dorms watch the games and tailgate/party.Nobody travels from College ave area to stadium.
Hobbs hasnt fixed this along with not bringing back the alley,which he stated last year they were finding a 'safer' alternate area..guess a year later they are still working on it? maybe takes two season?
SMH.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
I was surprised by the size of the crowd. Only 38k on a beautiful day for homecoming. Pretty weak ...

----
green lotter here.

It seems strange that the green lot would have a lot of tailgaters during the game....most of the people there are long time ticket holders, I would guess, and thus long time RU fans.... you would think that they would have more interest in watching the game.....I wonder if these people do this every game

tailgating is fun, but I could not see coming to the lots six, seven times a year, tailgate, and go home
without seeing the games

People who are underage are used to not being able to drink in public. That is such a nonsense excuse. If you opened it up and made a huge illegal underage drinking party, the students would all come, and get shitfaced and still not go to the game. This idea that you need to create an underage drinking safe space is not only silly, but really asking for trouble.

The simple fact is if the team wins, the students will be at the games.

As an aside, I was impressed with how loud the stadium was for how few people were there. It was seriously loud on some of those third and fourth down plays.

If you want to see where the students were, check instagram and snapshat .... thousands of them dressed in red and decked out in school pride. Just never left college ave / house parties

students dont attend because as soon as they hit the stadium grounds the non people skill MCSO harass the kids.Kids stay in houses,dorms watch the games and tailgate/party.Nobody travels from College ave area to stadium.
Hobbs hasnt fixed this along with not bringing back the alley,which he stated last year they were finding a 'safer' alternate area..guess a year later they are still working on it? maybe takes two season?
SMH.
Do they really harass the kids for doing nothing?? I haven't seen that. I have seen them enforce the law for underage drinking. I have no problem if they give a ticket to a 19 year old that boldly drinks in public and dumb enough to do it while there are officers standing and watching.

Do they really harass the kids for doing nothing?? I haven't seen that. I have seen them enforce the law for underage drinking. I have no problem if they give a ticket to a 19 year old that boldly drinks in public and dumb enough to do it while there are officers standing and watching.

It's a bit more aggressive than that. The officers will gather in the distance, several rows away if they see a group of people under the age of 30. Then they'll swoop in and start carding everyone and try to prevent people from leaving the area .. sort of feels like a raid tactic. Argument could be made on both sides that ... if you're of age then you shouldn't worry about this and not a big deal. But even if you are and it happens 1-2 times per tailgate every Saturday, it gets old REALLY quick. And makes you feel like you're in a police state when you're just sipping a few beers with friends.

It's a bit more aggressive than that. The officers will gather in the distance, several rows away if they see a group of people under the age of 30. Then they'll swoop in and start carding everyone and try to prevent people from leaving the area .. sort of feels like a raid tactic. Argument could be made on both sides that ... if you're of age then you shouldn't worry about this and not a big deal. But even if you are and it happens 1-2 times per tailgate every Saturday, it gets old REALLY quick. And makes you feel like you're in a police state when you're just sipping a few beers with friends.
Well if the card you once maybe they should give you a wristband to show you have been carded. No reason you should go through that more than once.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
kids are getting harrassed for being 'under the influence' while walking towards stadium.

I think everybody stayed at their tailgates not just the students. I don't bitch about attendance much, but homecoming and that crowd? That was horrible across the board. But then again can you really blame them with the product we've put out onto the field for 3 yrs. now.
correct. students don't have green lot passes. I would compliment the core of the students who did stay till the end and helped keep the noise level up that end.

I echo the concern that something hasn't been done to get the students back over...i.e.The Alley prt 2.

My daughter and her friends stopped going at that time. They enjoyed the DJ. They knew it annoyed the old people but it was fun. College kids enjoying themselves. Weird concept, I know. Then the cops came after the Blue people complained. Like what was said above, they went to house parties instead. Her friends from other colleges never had this issue.

I am not used to the product but I should be. My Grandson and I used to take in RU games when Shea was the HC. Hey,it was RU playing or trying to play.Sounds familiar?

I was surprised by the size of the crowd. Only 38k on a beautiful day for homecoming. Pretty weak ...
Yep, gotta agree with ya. The noon start didn't help, but we've had better attendance than that for noon games. Regardless, what a fantastic day for Homecoming. So far the tailgating has been phenomenal.

Totally agree. The Riot Squad has been working on this since student orientation.

@FanuSanu52 they should be commended considering every week for the past I don't know how many years there is a thread here bitching about how bad the R-U chant is & how it needs to slow down. Positive reinforcement is a good thing

Good point.

I always find it weird that people critique a bunch of college kids one way or the other, but I'll concede that if you're going to complain a compliment thread is nice. Perhaps I should have withheld my comment a few days until the next complaint thread : )

nobody has brought up the horse video yet.....:sunglasses:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT