ADVERTISEMENT

DeJuan Wagner Jr

bigmatt718

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Mar 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Todd Hunt listed him as the #1 NJ HS basketball player in the 2023 class. Any chance we have of landing him? South Jersey isn't really known for breeding high D1 basketball players. Getting another NBA legacy would be huge.

• Haha
Reactions: JerseyB
“ South Jersey is not known for breeding D-1 talent... really where have you been Todd Hunt?

• Haha
0.00% doubt he even acknowledges us. Pro or kentucky for him

No way with the Wagner family. Don't think that family ever wanted to do schoolwork.

• Wow
Wagner is not coming to Rutgers unless we win Back 2 Back NCAA titles and even then I anticipate Kentucky or NBA.

Reactions: shields
His dad is sending him to Calapari.. Only other outcome is pro
When Calipari leaves kentucky only then will their GPA come out with so many one and dones it may rival the Delta house in Animal House as I am sure not one of those kids attends any classes!!

• Love
When Calipari leaves kentucky only then will their GPA come out with so many one and dones it may rival the Delta house in Animal House as I am sure not one of those kids attends any classes!!
Say what we will the guy recruits ( questionably) and is still winning. Accusing Calipari has grown old over time . When you win at Kentucky’s level you will always be questioned. If Rutgers had Calipari as coach the same whine would be heard by jealous teams.

One of the reasons why big time college athletics shouldn’t be on campuses . Admit real student athletes and not athletes that have to stay eligible .

Who cares about their GPA?

Big time programs get things, like keeping players eligible, done. The academic support budget for the UK basketball players probably doubles most programs.

Cal gets guys who buy in to going to class and remaining in good academic standing so that Kentucky doesn't get an APR hit. Guys who don't fully buy in transfer out.

Kentucky's APR is MUCH more important than the team's GPA and Kentucky's APR has continued to meet the NCAA requirements.

Last edited:

Big time programs get things, like keeping players eligible, done. The academic support budget for the UK basketball players probably doubles most programs.

Call gets guys who buy in to going to class and remaining in good academic standing so that Kentucky doesn't get an APR hit. Guys who don't fully buy in transfer out.

Kentucky's APR is MUCH more important than the team's GPA and Kentucky's APR has continued to meet the NCAA requirements.
You mean a college student has to “buy in” to actually go to college classes ? Lol

You mean a college student has to “buy in” to actually go to college classes ? Lol
Nice job taking part of what I wrote. You should work a TV news network.

What I posted was "Cal gets guys who buy in to going to class and remaining in good academic standing so that Kentucky doesn't get an APR hit. Guys who don't fully buy in transfer out."

Even their one-and-done guys keep going to class in order to remain in good academic standing so that Kentucky doesn't get an APR hit.

Which is impressive because at some schools those guys go to class through the end of the fall semester and then they don't anymore.

Nice job taking part of what I wrote. You should work a TV news network.

What I posted was "Cal gets guys who buy in to going to class and remaining in good academic standing so that Kentucky doesn't get an APR hit. Guys who don't fully buy in transfer out."

Even their one-and-done guys keep going to class in order to remain in good academic standing so that Kentucky doesn't get an APR hit.

Which is impressive because at some schools those guys go to class through the end of the fall semester and then they don't anymore.

I am not railing on you, i am railing on the system . It’s a dirty business. It shouldn’t be impressive that a college student is going to class. That’s supposed to be the point of the whole thing.

Todd Hunt listed him as the #1 NJ HS basketball player in the 2023 class. Any chance we have of landing him? South Jersey isn't really known for breeding high D1 basketball players. Getting another NBA legacy would be huge.
Not a snowballs chance in hell. We'll be lucky

Reactions: shields
I am not railing on you, i am railing on the system . It’s a dirty business. It shouldn’t be impressive that a college student is going to class. That’s supposed to be the point of the whole thing.

I have news for you, there are many students going to college who don't take it serious. Not just some athletes. Plenty of "regular" students skip classes. I find it odd that someone who finds it dirty and that sports shouldn't even exist on campuses would spend so much time on a college sports message board.

I have news for you, there are many students going to college who don't take it serious. Not just some athletes. Plenty of "regular" students skip classes. I find it odd that someone who finds it dirty and that sports shouldn't even exist on campuses would spend so much time on a college sports message board.

For me, the bigger takeaway is that these kids are months away from signing up for life changing money and really have no incentive to go to class, but still do.

Lol. The whole point is big time college sports as current is really a sham and has no place in universities. But I am able to recognize that , many people don’t .
Thank you for being concerned how I spend my time . I love sports and the games. I find them wildly entertaining and love seeing the best semi pro athletes compete . Nothing is better than a big time SEC matcup on a Saturday afternoon. Or the first weekend of the ncaa tournament when once in a while a team of student athletes give the big boys a run

Lol. The whole point is big time college sports as current is really a sham and has no place in universities. But I am able to recognize that , many people don’t .
Thank you for being concerned how I spend my time . I love sports and the games. I find them wildly entertaining and love seeing the best semi pro athletes compete . Nothing is better than a big time SEC matcup on a Saturday afternoon. Or the first weekend of the ncaa tournament when once in a while a team of student athletes give the big boys a run

I'm really not concerned with how you spend your time. I said I find it odd that you seem to take so much pleasure from something that's a complete sham to you. I'm not quite sure what about college sports is a sham. Was it a sham when 80,000 - 90,000 fans would pack the stands in the 1930's or 1940's or 50's? Sports have been a part of universities for a very long time. Sure it's greatly monetized now. That's the evolution of collegiate athletics. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

And just keep in mind, that the vast majority of Division 1 athletes are serious about their sports but also about their academics. The amount of time dedicated to each is more than most students would be able to handle. Very few will go onto a career in pro sports. Most understand this and take their schooling seriously. For every one of those one and done student athletes that don't want to go to class there are countless other athletes who are given an opportunity to get an education at a reduced cost and don't take it for granted.

I'm really not concerned with how you spend your time. I said I find it odd that you seem to take so much pleasure from something that's a complete sham to you. I'm not quite sure what about college sports is a sham. Was it a sham when 80,000 - 90,000 fans would pack the stands in the 1930's or 1940's or 50's? Sports have been a part of universities for a very long time. Sure it's greatly monetized now. That's the evolution of collegiate athletics. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

And just keep in mind, that the vast majority of Division 1 athletes are serious about their sports but also about their academics. The amount of time dedicated to each is more than most students would be able to handle. Very few will go onto a career in pro sports. Most understand this and take their schooling seriously. For every one of those one and done student athletes that don't want to go to class there are countless other athletes who are given an opportunity to get an education at a reduced cost and don't take it for granted.
I don’t disagree with some of what you posted. Sure , there are many legit students in college athletics . But most people don’t care about those other sports . It’s football and men’s basketball that are the most popular, generate the most money and are most corrupt . They also have the most entertaining games .
Should a football coach be the highest paid employee at a university? Going by the university mission the answer is no. But we like sports . And if we are playing, rutgers should be paying to win. So kids can go to class . Or not . I don’t care . Most fans don’t. Just win.

I don’t disagree with some of what you posted. Sure , there are many legit students in college athletics . But most people don’t care about those other sports . It’s football and men’s basketball that are the most popular, generate the most money and are most corrupt . They also have the most entertaining games .
Should a football coach be the highest paid employee at a university? Going by the university mission the answer is no. But we like sports . And if we are playing, rutgers should be paying to win. So kids can go to class . Or not . I don’t care . Most fans don’t. Just win.
You are right Plum ... most fans don’t care except to see a winning team...true there are many “ Student” athletes but many others just making the effort to get by... same in the general population in colleges ... make mom n dad happy.

Reactions: Plum Street

Cal gets guys who buy in to going to class and remaining in good academic standing so that Kentucky doesn't get an APR hit. Guys who don't fully buy in transfer out.

Russ

Does your endorsement include the whitewashing of UNC (University of No Classes)?

MO

Russ

Does your endorsement include the whitewashing of UNC (University of No Classes)?

MO
To be clear, I'm all about going to class. What UNC did was crazy. Especially the no-show classes. The NCAA should have done something.

But, imo, the team GPA isn't as important as the team's APR. Guys who leave early to go pro need to be in good academic standing to keep the APR high enough to avoid penalties like post season bans.

To be clear, I'm all about going to class. What UNC did was crazy. Especially the no-show classes. The NCAA should have done something.

But, imo, the team GPA isn't as important as the team's APR. Guys who leave early to go pro need to be in good academic standing to keep the APR high enough to avoid penalties like post season bans.

Russ

Liked your response...and would have loved it had you just stopped at the first Paragraph.

Regardless it does seem like a tiered system: the haves / have nots!

MO

For the program to be ab;e to recruit a lot of one & dones, your keep the APR high enough to avoid penalties make a lot of sense.
Whether I like it or not, KY uses that very well..

Reactions: Russ Wood
Russ

Liked your response...and would have loved it had you just stopped at the first Paragraph.

Regardless it does seem like a tiered system: the haves / have nots!

MO
I just don't care about a team's GPA. If it's 3.45 ok. If it's 2.05 ok. Just keep your players eligible, without doing what UNC did, and keep it moving.

If I really cared about a team's GPA I would only watch Ivy League basketball.

Reactions: littlenis5
What Russ is saying is the one and done kids at Kentucky who stay to help out the school with regards to the APR is impressive. They go to class even after they know they will be getting million dollar contracts

Reactions: Russ Wood
What Russ is saying is the one and done kids at Kentucky who stay to help out the school with regards to the APR is impressive. They go to class even after they know they will be getting million dollar contracts
That’s not impressive . They’re college students and should go to class .

Reactions: Unionst
Say what we will the guy recruits ( questionably) and is still winning. Accusing Calipari has grown old over time . When you win at Kentucky’s level you will always be questioned. If Rutgers had Calipari as coach the same whine would be heard by jealous teams.
Finally someone that gets it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT