ADVERTISEMENT

Delaware up 37-0 over Maine in 4th quarter

Tubby Raymond was a very good coach.
This is how old I am @beaced. I don't hold a candle to you Father Time, but as a kid from the 6th grade on I used to go to Tubby's football camps. They were held at St. Andrews School, it's the same place Dead Poet's Society was filmed at. Our school had a few players on Delaware so we always got a one on one session with the legend himself.

Reactions: beaced
This is how old I am @beaced. I don't hold a candle to you Father Time, but as a kid from the 6th grade on I used to go to Tubby's football camps. They were held at St. Andrews School, it's the same place Dead Poet's Society was filmed at. Our school had a few players on Delaware so we always got a one on one session with the legend himself.
I'm one up on you.I sent my oldest Grandson to Terry Shea's camp at RU.😍😍

Reactions: koleszar
I love in Delaware. Last week the Hens blew out Stony Brook too, after they crushed Maine. This week COVID canceled against UNH. I was at 04 UD vs UNH game and watched Ricky Santos pick apart Hens with quick slants. So concerned, I sent Wilmington papers write up to Schiano. He probably didn’t read and ignored any scouting reports. I sat in stadium and watched Santos so same to us. Hens QB is pretty decent. Followed him in HS down here. We should win but they are not a cupcake.

For those fans that want to scout the Blue Hens, they are playing Delaware State right now. Just found it. The game came on at 6 pm. On ESPN 2

I hear you, I’ve had the “pleasure” of being at all our wonderful collapses. NHU still holds a special place.
Second only in my mind to our loss to William & Mary in my senior year 1980... one week after we nearly beat #1 Alabama. I was at that one too.

Huge Win by Delaware over #3 seed Jacksonville State 20-14 on the road to make 1-AA Semi..Hens 7-0 on season...Delaware will have winner of James Madison and North Dakota (6pm ESPN) next week...Defense is very impressive...Jacksonville put up 24 points on Florida State in fall season (FSU 41-24)

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks we are going to roll over Delaware is in for a rude awakening.
Especially with our QB inadequacies. Probably a 10-14 point margin.

If we play our kind of football we should be in their backfield all day, dominate special teams, and be able to control the LOS on O. 37-17
the problem is well coached teams on any level would know "be in their backfield all day, dominate special teams, and be able to control the LOS" and they will gameplan accordingly.. among our famous losses.. UNH and Nova both took that into account and threw passes to spots in 2 seconds. before we could get to the QB. Perhaps GS will know when it is time to play straight-up read-react D this time around and stop taking risks with stunts and blitzes.

First possession/series.. I'd show Delaware what they expect from a GS D.. then shift.. mix it up.. like a basketball team switching from man to zone to screw with the O.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
I'm not saying Delaware will win and Rutgers will be a big favorite and I'm just talking about one of our opponents next season..This is a Football site filled with Grammy Award posts, stock talk. lawn care , Jonny Damon and his wife and a car salesman..I get at a good laugh when people get upset I talk about an opponent next year. Good 1-AA teams beat or are right there every year with top Programs all over America...To think Rutgers will just show up and spank Delaware will probably not happen. Everyone remembers when Michigan who was ranked #5 in America was beat by 1-AA Appalachian State. And there are so many more...Richmond over Virginia 37-20..Northern Iowa over Iowa State 25- 20...Illinois State over Northwestern 9-7..Portland State over Washington State 24-17..The Citadel over South Carolina 23-22...Georgia Southern over Florida 26-20...Towson over UConn 33-18 the same year UConn beat Rutgers 28-17 and Rutgers went Bowling playing Notre Dame in Pinstripe Bowl and most of us will never forget this one
You are making your point.

Congrats to former Rutgers QB Michael Dare and the Sam Houston State BearKats. They knocked out the usual top team, North Dakota State Bison.
I do not recall Dare being 6’7” 240 at Rutgers. Is this a TYPO in his player profile? Or an effort to get an NFL tryout as a TE?

I do not recall Dare being 6’7” 240 at Rutgers. Is this a TYPO in his player profile? Or an effort to get an NFL tryout as a TE?

Everything is bigger in Texas!!! 😂😂😂

Keep in mind, it will be hard for Delaware to play 2 seasons in one calendar year, even a short year.
Don't think so.. I think they come up here in mid-season form because of this late season. its like the best possible spring practice.

Don't think so.. I think they come up here in mid-season form because of this late season. its like the best possible spring practice.
I agree, therefore we might win only by 20 points instead of 30+. Greg Schiano 2.0 is a different animal, he will not be losing WTF games to FCS opponents like the first rendition.

We are in the big ten conference. The big ten.

yeah and we lost to Eastern Michigan at home when we were in the B1G.
‘Yes we are different team today but Delaware is a lot better than EM and others we have lost to.
If we had a QB the victory would be more comfortable. Gonna to be closer than most think.

Maybe, I think they come up here banged up. Self satisfied for completing their season at the FCS level. We shall see.

‘Yes we are different team today but Delaware is a lot better than EM and others we have lost to.
If we had a QB the victory would be more comfortable. Gonna to be closer than most think.
Did Greg coach that game? Enough said.

Maybe, I think they come up here banged up. Self satisfied for completing their season at the FCS level. We shall see.
They are not factoring in the greater risk of injury like ACLs and any offseason surgeries could result in players missing part of the fall season since they are usually limited/miss the spring from their winter surgery and have the summer to catch up.

Reactions: TM94goRU
They are not factoring in the greater risk of injury like ACLs and any offseason surgeries could result in players missing part of the fall season since they are usually limited/miss the spring from their winter surgery and have the summer to catch up.
All great points. I do think there is an adverse cumulative effect.

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-

I'm not saying we "can't lose". What I'm saying is, we are in the B1G. As fans, we aren't supposed to GO INTO an FCS game concerned about the outcome.

We've gotta act big time if we wanna be big time.

One final point -- is a recruit, who wants to win a national championship, gonna be inspired by your terror rabble rousing for the blue hens? C'mon, show some faith. We should stomp these turkeys.

Not taking a shot of the great "FCS" team that plays in the other Newark Delaware, or New ark as it is pronounced. By all means the coaches need to get them ready. The team needs to do more than roll the helmets out there. However, I and you have no control over that. Yes it has happen before, oh my. I'm not going to spend time worrying about it. If they lose, they might very well lose key members of the recruiting class. If UDel is the new Appy State, I don't think we win many games. So yes there might be 1 or 2 players there that could crack a BIG TEN 2- Deep.
This is all for Coach Schiano and company to worry about. I believe we are bigger and better this year. I think our team will be ready, and the Blue Hens will be left questioning if the money was worth it. Have faith.

Anyone see the blatant cheap shot Jacksonville State LB put on Delaware QB? The Jacksonville LB Markail Benton was a former unanimous 4 star recruit who signed with Alabama and saw some time there before transferring to Jacksonville State

Last edited:
Should be a pretty good game next season...Just tried to say this won't be the usual 1-AA beatdown (Morgan State/Norfolk State) Delaware has a bunch of NJ payers and a big local Alumni/fan base ...they will be ready for this opportunity to take on RU and B1G

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT