ADVERTISEMENT

Despite our 13.5 avg offense, i think we have the talent

TMCB

All American
Jul 26, 2001
RU is avg 13.5 pts a game, hard to beat any level team with that output. Is it were young in spots or weak armed QB or play calling or under performing WR group?

I think there is enough talent on this roster for far better production. We need some changes. Bolin is a serviceable QB but not a play maker. I would definitly start Lewis game 3 vs a weak team and see what he has. Our WRs have been disappointing. I want to see more of the young guys targeted, melton and wormbly etc. washington is a beast, our RBs are good just dont run up the middle so much. I hope ash makes a few changes going forward

Reactions: IL Lusciato
will a QB change help the Line Run block,pass block,Recievers get open,linebackers make tackles?

Talent. Yes
Coaching ability?
Big question.
Kill seems out his element .......he has been out of football for awhile. Questionable play calling.
He's no Fridge.

No he is fridge yet but team had a let down first half. They did not play as hard as the wash game however QB is not making plays

The talent is not up to snuff to compete in the B1G. Yeah, it may be able to compete with the bottom half when it is experienced, but it's a major problem here.

People on here look at a kid like Melton - who is very talented - and think he's going to come in here and turn things around. I said this before the season - he will have little real positive impact in terms of competing in the B1G this year. That will be down the road. There are many talented guys like him around the B1G and many of them have had the luxury of being in the B1G for a few years already. He's not a potential Heisman winner or even a first team AA guy. So he's not going to come in here and magically make the team better immediately.

Same with the QB Lewis. If it were me, I would have RS'd him. It's not like he's going to be an early entry draft guy. But now that that is off the table, nothing to expect in terms of helping the team win except development for down the road.

As far as the coaching, I have no idea if the guy can coach in the B1G yet. He's young and inexperienced, I would expect some growing pains and the on the field stuff is not a deal breaker at this time. As long as he can recruit.

And the jury is out on that - although he is not off to an impressive start IMO. I know some on here are very happy with his recruiting results given what he has to sell. But I see a class that is yet again filled with recruits that RU doesn't have a lot of viable competition from competitive D1 programs for. Maybe a couple of guys with committable offers from decent programs but not many. I know he doesn't have a lot to sell, but some coaches can sell ice to an Eskimo. I don't expect him to be that, but I'm not really seeing anything at all yet.

You can not make any real judgements at this time, but if he goes into next season without any tangible progress - not just BS that mods and sunshine pumpers spew - his seat should be on fire.

will a QB change help the Line Run block,pass block,Recievers get open,linebackers make tackles?
There was a play I think in the 3rd where Chuck Long said something like "EMU's defensive formation was not going to allow RU to run up the middle" . Guess where we ran it.

3rd qtr we are running the ball down EMU's throat. Pretty simple Bolin to Martin, Bolin to Gus. Rolling down the field.

In comes Lewis for the most predictable play of all time, something we saw a couple dozen times from Oden last year, play is stuffed, drive stalls.

The talent is not up to snuff to compete in the B1G. Yeah, it may be able to compete with the bottom half when it is experienced, but it's a major problem here.

People on here look at a kid like Melton - who is very talented - and think he's going to come in here and turn things around. I said this before the season - he will have little real positive impact in terms of competing in the B1G this year. That will be down the road. There are many talented guys like him around the B1G and many of them have had the luxury of being in the B1G for a few years already. He's not a potential Heisman winner or even a first team AA guy. So he's not going to come in here and magically make the team better immediately.

Same with the QB Lewis. If it were me, I would have RS'd him. It's not like he's going to be an early entry draft guy. But now that that is off the table, nothing to expect in terms of helping the team win except development for down the road.

As far as the coaching, I have no idea if the guy can coach in the B1G yet. He's young and inexperienced, I would expect some growing pains and the on the field stuff is not a deal breaker at this time. As long as he can recruit.

And the jury is out on that - although he is not off to an impressive start IMO. I know some on here are very happy with his recruiting results given what he has to sell. But I see a class that is yet again filled with recruits that RU doesn't have a lot of viable competition from competitive D1 programs for. Maybe a couple of guys with committable offers from decent programs but not many. I know he doesn't have a lot to sell, but some coaches can sell ice to an Eskimo. I don't expect him to be that, but I'm not really seeing anything at all yet.

You can not make any real judgements at this time, but if he goes into next season without any tangible progress - not just BS that mods and sunshine pumpers spew - his seat should be on fire.

EMU is not in the B1G so...

What's with all the long passes. We need to get 1st downs and move the ball down field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT