ADVERTISEMENT

Did I miss the breakdown on each recruit by Coach Ash?

ruready4somefootball

Heisman Winner
Nov 10, 2003
I used to enjoy when Greg and Kyle would say a little something about each and every recruit. It was a kind of welcome to the Banks introduction, and here's a little of what skill set they bring to the table.

I was a little surprised that they didn't do a run down of each recruit, however I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Ash just didn't know each of them well enough to discuss them. Usually you have a year or two to get to know them and see the recruit, but this year it was go go go. Hope they bring it back next year.

Definitely no breakdown ... different coach, different style, would be my guess.

Here is the link to the write-up from RU of each signee: http://www.scarletknights.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020316aaa.html.

Frankly, what Schiano and Flood did was mainly cite highlights from the above linked write-up. Schiano would sometimes add what position he saw the pl;ayer as potentially landing - or position possibilities.

It was a Big lost PR moment. He should have mentioned the schools and the HC and to thank the family and coaching staff of each school on preparing theses fine young men to an experience at Rutgers both on the field and in the class room, Bah bah bah.
Greg was always good at mentioning coaches and it is that 15 minutes (sec.) of fame so to speak, for the school, the player and the coaching staff. Build local respect by kissing some butt around the state and the nation. He will learn when you have a spotlight use it wisely.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
I still remember Schiano's press conference when he raved about Ray Rice more so than any other recruit. Obviously knew something the rest of us didn't.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
It was a Big lost PR moment. He should have mentioned the schools and the HC and to thank the family and coaching staff of each school on preparing theses fine young men to an experience at Rutgers both on the field and in the class room, Bah bah bah.
Greg was always good at mentioning coaches and it is that 15 minutes (sec.) of fame so to speak, for the school, the player and the coaching staff. Build local respect by kissing some butt around the state and the nation. He will learn when you have a spotlight use it wisely.

he can't talk about one commit the whole time

If it's good enough for Urban to go over recruits,then it should be something we do here again,to engage the fan base. He also believes in the ratings system of recruiting classes, but weights the average stars as most important since nobody brings in the exact same amount of recruits.https://ohiostate.n.rivals.com/news/meyer-sums-up-his-2016-signing-class
He says, "I've just seen a couple of rankings and rankings aren't important", then goes on to say as "long as you're keeping score". This in context of the sentence is used as you not me. On Average score, "I think that is kind of appealing to me" kind of reads like if you held a gun to my head this would be the most important.. From reading the article I think you over state the importance he emphasizes on rankings. In fact it reads to me like he's being polite to who he is talking to and OSU fans who care about this stuff. But hell if I had a top three class for the past 3 yrs. I'd be telling every recruit it's the most important factor of where you should go.

He says, "I've just seen a couple of rankings and rankings aren't important", then goes on to say as "long as you're keeping score". This in context of the sentence is used as you not me. On Average score, "I think that is kind of appealing to me" kind of reads like if you held a gun to my head this would be the most important.. From reading the article I think you over state the importance he emphasizes on rankings. In fact it reads to me like he's being polite to who he is talking to and OSU fans who care about this stuff. But hell if I had a top three class for the past 3 yrs. I'd be telling every recruit it's the most important factor of where you should go.
Sounds like your giving me a C+ grade on my term paper. About how I did in HS,thanks!

Reactions: koleszar
At the NSD event each position coach did a breakdown of the players where they were the recruiting lead. Along with that they showed each player's highlight reel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT