ADVERTISEMENT

Did Suriano ever pick a school. (Michigan)

I can't blame Nick Suriano for working the new system.
I am all for Iowa State!
100K is a lot of money and hard to turn down.
I have never heard of Nick wanting to be a coach, so his time is limited in the wrestling field.
Strike while it is hot.
It's like the opening up of baseball free agency ..people vilified Curt Flood...why did Nick do it ..because he could I guess...has nothing to do with loyalty and should not be judged harshly because some idiots opened up this can of worms

I guess the only issue now is if the check is in the mail or does it get direct deposited? $$$$

Good for him. He’ll get a good practice partner in Micic. Wouldn’t be surprised if they both push each other to win national titles.

I truly believe Suriano is the only wrestler who can take down Lee in the national tournament. You know he’s had that on his mind for 4 years now.

Good for him. He’ll get a good practice partner in Micic. Wouldn’t be surprised if they both push each other to win national titles.

I truly believe Suriano is the only wrestler who can take down Lee in the national tournament. You know he’s had that on his mind for 4 years now.
Yes on the Lee thought. I feel Nick was driven by revenge on his NC run. The only stinging loss still revengeable to him over the years? Lee. I'm thinking Micic doesn't have it for the NC, but Nicky will make him better and give him a shot at it.
Joke is on.them - Suriano wrestles for himself and himself only
That is incorrect. He wrestles for Poppa Suriano as well.

Maybe we can get a two-for-one. We can put Sean Bormet and Bob Suriano in a room with Wanderlei Silva and watch both of them get their heads kicked in. Nick Suriano has absolutely no loyalty to anything or anyone. Down the road it's going to pay bad dividends. I never saw the whole Michigan thing coming. I don't know what inspired him to go there. I understand micicis a great training partner, but so is a Sammy or a Seabass. Michigan seems like I an out of place scenario regarding culture and class for the Suriano clan

Maybe we can get a two-for-one. We can put Sean Bormet and Bob Suriano in a room with Wanderlei Silva and watch both of them get their heads kicked in. Nick Suriano has absolutely no loyalty to anything or anyone. Down the road it's going to pay bad dividends. I never saw the whole Michigan thing coming. I don't know what inspired him to go there. I understand micicis a great training partner, but so is a Sammy or a Seabass. Michigan seems like I an out of place scenario regarding culture and class for the Suriano clan
Sergei was the reason he's a 2 time Olympic champ and 6 time World champion

Plain and simple...Michigan offered the biggest paycheck for him and stroked the ol man...Michigan Wrestling is loaded with some huge boosters

Reactions: Leonard23
Hey, I am happy I can see him wrestle on B10 plus.
Still, 1 of my favorite wrestlers.
The B10 Tourney matchup with Desanto was insane.
The Dayton FIx final and phantom (or non phantom) head gear grab.
John Smith crying!!!!

Awesome stuff.

I will root for Shawver in the Dual, but unless Nicky Pushups is against a RU wrestler, he has my support

Plain and simple...Michigan offered the biggest paycheck for him and stroked the ol man...Michigan Wrestling is loaded with some huge boosters
It's getting sad that these kids are being taught that their loyalty and obligations are to a large paycheck. I get it it happens all the time in college football with the side deals, but now there's a license to duke these kids big money. What happened with the old-fashioned For the Love of the sport. Those Suriano certainly are in it for the notoriety and financial gain. I hope he gets decked, by Lee

Reactions: RUShea
NIL was not well thought out by the NCAA and what you have now is the Wild West where bag men can be in open sight. Just the beginning and good for Nick. Grab all you can as long as you can!

Reactions: LetsGoRUwrestling
It's getting sad that these kids are being taught that their loyalty and obligations are to a large paycheck. I get it it happens all the time in college football with the side deals, but now there's a license to duke these kids big money. What happened with the old-fashioned For the Love of the sport. Those Suriano certainly are in it for the notoriety and financial gain. I hope he gets decked, by Lee
95% of this board would take a similar job at a different company if they were offered a lot more money.

NIL was not well thought out by the NCAA and what you have now is the Wild West where bag men can be in open sight. Just the beginning and good for Nick. Grab all you can as long as you can!
It wasn’t thought through at all. What’s the point in regulating scholarships if you can pay the kids? It’s like in pro sports going from a salary cap league to no salary cap. With cost of higher education out of control as it is, is this really what we want, to have turn collegiate athletics into a financial arms race? That’s insane.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Hot take: this $$$ stuff was always going on. Now it’s just happening publicly.

The Bader show on Flo had Micic and Amine on and the how Suriano got to Michigan was revealed. Micic trained with Nicky for 3 months at Sunkist and they got friendly. Micic called Nicky when he heard he was looking around. He told Nick if he came to Michigan they could possibly win the NCAA team championship. He set it up with the Michigan coach who then did the rest.

The Bader show on Flo had Micic and Amine on and the how Suriano got to Michigan was revealed. Micic trained with Nicky for 3 months at Sunkist and they got friendly. Micic called Nicky when he heard he was looking around. He told Nick if he came to Michigan they could possibly win the NCAA team championship. He set it up with the Michigan coach who then did the rest.
The bridge was unfortunately burned and he has "prostituted (feel free to sub the appropriate word)" himself out for team glory it seems? So much for "Jersey Pride" and "repping my homestate".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT