ADVERTISEMENT

DiNardo on the QB Competition

Jerry Gallo?

Jerry Gallo's dead.

(I don't know why that popped into my head)

That's what all the analysts were saying since the conclusion of the 2014 season. But good read again. Thanks

My hope is that we wind up with two very good QBs who can bring this team to a decent bowl....not just the winner of a QB competition and his back up. That will not help the team nearly as much.

I would go with Laviano since he looks like he is not going to do anything stupid on the field.
Rettig looks like a gunslinger and I see a lot of turnovers.
Rutgers has a solid defense so we are going to win with ball control.
We don't have to score a lot of points. The best defense is to keep the ball as long as you can on offense. We should copy the Woody Hayes playbook of running the ball and win.
Let's go with Laviano and let him hand it off to our RBS and occasionally throw a short pass to keep the defenses honest.

I would go with Laviano since he looks like he is not going to do anything stupid on the field.
We don't have to score a lot of points. The best defense is to keep the ball as long as you can on offense. We should copy the Woody Hayes playbook of running the ball and win.
Let's go with Laviano and let him hand it off to our RBS and occasionally throw a short pass to keep the defenses honest.

please can we stop creating this myth that laviano can't sling it? He has a very good arm. Sometimes the fastest guy on a team is the 3rd string corner and sometimes the guy with the strongest arm is the 3rd string QB. Chris can throw, Hayden can throw. That is not what will determine who plays for us.

First time I recall someone wanting to copy Woody Hayes' Three Yards and a Cloud of Dust offense.

Wasn't Woody the one that said " When you pass the ball, three things can happen and two of them are bad ? "

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT