ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Honors College @ RU New Brunswick?

SoCal_Knight

Freshman
Jun 9, 2020
Our son is a senior and I just wanted to hear from others that have had kids go through the program and if they feel it was worth it. I know it's difficult to get in (as it should be) and so I'm not even sure if our son's grades and SAT are enough.

Our son is a senior and I just wanted to hear from others that have had kids go through the program and if they feel it was worth it. I know it's difficult to get in (as it should be) and so I'm not even sure if our son's grades and SAT are enough.

I mentor an honor college student and it seems absolutely fantastic.
They all get scholarship money, have an incredible dorm, extra programs and support, surrounded by Ivy level type peers. Really good program. If your son gets in , it’s a must accept unless they get Stanford Penn Harvard Princeton to consider. Any other option outside those schools is likely to be a par experience & education for triple the price

I think @Knight Shift may have some thoughts to share on the HC.
Proud father of class of '23, however, with a caveat. Our kid graduated a semester early and punted on the requirements of the HC, choosing to travel and enjoy life instead to hang around another semester, and therefore, did not graduate with "HC" on the diploma. The experience was overall very positive, albeit muted because students were forced to move out early in March 2020 due to the pandemic, skipped the on campus experience sophomore year because dorms were closed and no in person instruction. On the positive side, because there were no housing costs, the total cost over the 4 years was less than $25K. Got a fabulous job at Epic Systems in Madison, WI area as a software developer and had unlimited opportunities.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT