ADVERTISEMENT

Donnigan not the best

RU got outplayed the entire game. Only reason they won is because the goalie. Kid faced pressure all night and played an unreal game

Between him, Casey Murphy on the women's side, and Gianna Glatz in Field Hockey (just won B10 Frosh of Week)...we're like Goal Keeper U!

Geeze guys they beat us 4-1 last year did you have to pile on AFTER a win?

BTW - we have (officially) played the toughest schedule in the nation, to date, now having faced #'s 1-5 in the nation just midway though the season..,and people thought our football schedules were tough yikes!!

(These comments are NOT defending the overall state of the program)

Your manager has won 3 of his last 27 games, think about that.
Rutgers was totally outplayed the entire first half and was lucky (along with great goal keeping) to be level at nil
I was not impressed at all with Mich State nor Ohio State and thought both games were winnable.
You will graduate most if not all of your best players. Decker, Sa, Perez, Tetro,Hambleton,Peterson,Guzmon and Young
If you think its difficult to win now, Just wait until next year.
Decker is an elite striker that we unfortunately we did not get to see for an entire season because of injury.
Sa is a better midfielder then Rutgers will ever find and has been under and misused his entire career at Rutgers
Tetro is another that has been waisted, a long time youth National Team member that the manager can't find a spot for.
Guzmon a tremendous central defender on a National Championship PDA Academy team that has rarely played defense at Rutgers.
Hambleton seems to be on the team this year and has yet to play. He too is a tremendous defender that often found himself in the midfield at Rutgers
I fail to see anyone in the current squad that can replace any of these boys.

In addition to all the players that will leave, I also believe that a college coach should have a definite style of play in mind which I do not see with Rutgers.
The college game and the players that gravitate to it are more suited for a more traditionally English or northern European style.
Direct and fast will be effective on the collegiate level but there needs to be a consistent effort to hold onto the ball when the opportunities are not there.
I am biased towards a more direct approach in college but it can also done with some control. Direct can be very attractive to recruits if it is done with a purpose.
Schools that commit to a more professional approach to the game will be able to attract the higher level players.
I do not believe that any elite recruits will be knocking at the door given the chaos that we see on the field.

PS A friend told me that Decker may not be out for the year, I think anyone associated with Rutgers would love to see this talented young man back on the field this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT