ADVERTISEMENT

Double dribble not called

The ref trailing the ball saw a reach across UVA player's body by the Auburn player and may have assumed some contact with the ball was made for it to go off course. The official toward the opposite sideline likely averted his focus to the forecourt and watching his "zone".

Virginia’s extended and extreme luck will end Monday night. TT is playing well, and is a better version of Virginia

In rugby (down here) when a try is scored, the TV official, or the on the field official can call for a review going back several exchanges to make sure everything was legit. Trys get overturned frequently.

It’s the only thing I can think of that the ref somehow considered it a fluid stream of dribbling instead of counting that moment of picking up the ball and then a 2nd round of dribbling.

If it was considered a fluid stream of dribbling, he picked the ball up with BOTH hands simultaneously in the middle of that dribbling stream. Double dribble.

If Texas Tech wins that will mean NIT winner, Women's champion and NCAA champ from same state will win.

Double dribble is probably the easiest violation to see and not controversial.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone other than the player who committed the violation argue a double dribble call.

For the ref to not see that or swallow his whistle is inexcusable and really makes it harder for me to justify yelling at the refs in my son’s 8U games.

So some good comes out of it ....

Reactions: Big East Beast
If it was considered a fluid stream of dribbling, he picked the ball up with BOTH hands simultaneously in the middle of that dribbling stream. Double dribble.
I’m not saying I believe that haha...just trying to rationalize what could have gone through the refs head considering he didn’t call it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT