ADVERTISEMENT

DucksWire Ranking the most iconic Big Ten football stadiums from worst to first

Article sounded a little condescending.
Hopefully Oregon can find out how "LOUD" our stadium can be.

Article sounded a little condescending.
Hopefully Oregon can find out how "LOUD" our stadium can be.
I do think it was mentioned how it was back when we were good- it was sort of fair. Though, there was way too much on the new members. Yeah- the Rose Bowl and Coliseum are always going be up at the top with Mich, OSU, PSU but not sure about the others.
But when a couple of these teams come here this year- the stadium will be full, and if we can jump out into a lead- it will be fun to watch. I would love to be coming off a VaTech win and the Washington game to be a night game. And no damn blackout- needs to be Scarlet

"Rutgers had a few good seasons and this place was rocking. Unfortunately, it was only a few years and now it’s just another place to play. The four new teams on the West Coast can’t be looking forward to fly across the country to play here, however."

I think the last part was a compliment since he mentioned it about a few other teams as a compliment

Reactions: RutgersBiker
I only read through this half way, but he seems fixated on capacity and doesn't mention much else, like the tailgating scene, etc.

Didn't even get that far, pretty lame article.

Strictly based on rankings of the stadium itself and history, everything is spot on except for switching Nebraska & Sconnie, and Oregon is way too high

They’re 10, in every metric sans noise, behind Nebraska, Washington and Wisconsin

Also, if capacity is his thing, and not including all of the other odvious things, ranking them ahead of those 3 is beyond comprehension

Doesn't UCLA "rent-borrow" the Rose Bowl? Don't think that qualifies. I'd put OSU's Horseshoe #1 followed by Michigan and PSU. I've been to the Horseshoe and that place is unique and its design keeps the noise in. PSU also gets super loud at times. The Big House gets somewhat loud but they get more of a wine-cheese crown. I also really liked Iowa and especially Nebraska (another loud one)

Having never been to most of the stadiums, the writer provided a pretty fair ranking. Ohio State writers would probably have us ranked last because our stadium is usually empty by the time the game is over. I would have the big house #1, because overall that is the best stadium and game day environment, imo. Horseshoe would be #2. Penn State would be #3.

Having never been to most of the stadiums, the writer provided a pretty fair ranking. Ohio State writers would probably have us ranked last because our stadium is usually empty by the time the game is over. I would have the big house #1, because overall that is the best stadium and game day environment, imo. Horseshoe would be #2. Penn State would be #3.
I agree with those three as I've been to those 3 stadiums quite a few times but i would have OSU #1 with PSU second. Michigan is 3rd as they just don't seem to get into the game like the other 2.

I've been to a couple of hundred (estimate) games all over the country in my 74 years and the loudest crowd I've ever heard was in the Horseshoe at the OSU - Michigan game around 2015- 2016 (went with my OSU son) and when that OSU RB (can't remember his name) went in for the winning TD in double OT, it was past deafening. You couldn't even hear the person sitting next to you. It felt like that stadium was shaking. PSU also gets extremely loud at times--- they're a very close 2nd to OSU

Last edited:
Not happy with them saying stadium opened Sept 3, 1994. Yes that was the rebuild, but actual stadium is much older and has more history than that.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Ducks are acting like dicks by slighting B1G stadiums even before entering the league.
I am actually in Eugene OR on a business trip right now. Their Stadium is nothing to look at. The local Sports Radio station today was mocking Rutgers Football. Saying “ do you really want to see the Ducks play Rutgers”… They are crying about missing their West Coast PAC 10 rivalries. BTW the girls out here are fat.

I am actually in Eugene OR on a business trip right now. Their Stadium is nothing to look at. The local Sports Radio station today was mocking Rutgers Football. Saying “ do you really want to see the Ducks play Rutgers”… They are crying about missing their West Coast PAC 10 rivalries. BTW the girls out here are fat.
Aren't a few of the stadiums up that way in areas that may be beautiful but not ideal for tailgating?

Went to Washington too. Thought it was cool with water near by.

I tailgated at UW when we played out there in 2016. Just a big paved parking lot, but it got the job done; nothing special. But yes, the sailgating scene is incredible.
Sometimes simple is good. Weird one for me was GS's first game at Buffalo. We're in a paved lot behind some academic buildings with students coming and going from classes. We wound up right next to Brian Leonard and his family. BL wasn't at RU yet.

Reactions: Plum Street
I tailgated at UW when we played out there in 2016. Just a big paved parking lot, but it got the job done; nothing special. But yes, the sailgating scene is incredible.
We tailgated in the parking lot as well.
In the Stadium some real dirtbags taunting the Rutgers Visitors section at the top.
Look to give them a better game this season.

Awesome … 13th on the list … still bottom 3rd but at least higher than a few others.

Awesome … 13th on the list … still bottom 3rd but at least higher than a few others.
I don't get why your stadium is ever derided. I think it's pretty nice. Personally, I'm not a fan of having an NFL-quality stadium on a college campus. It seems out of place to me. SHI is sharp enough for college football. If it was at a vanilla B1G school like Minnesota or Illinois, nobody would be trashing it...

I don't get why your stadium is ever derided. I think it's pretty nice. Personally, I'm not a fan of having an NFL-quality stadium on a college campus. It seems out of place to me. SHI is sharp enough for college football. If it was at a vanilla B1G school like Minnesota or Illinois, nobody would be trashing it...
Team has never been consistently good coupled with the outside looks like shit (except for the front part facing River Road)

It had some character when we had the hill, now it's bland
At least it gets loud when the team's playing well

Team has never been consistently good coupled with the outside looks like shit (except for the front part facing River Road)

It had some character when we had the hill, now it's bland
At least it gets loud when the team's playing well
Outside only looks bad in the west side. North side, where most fans enter, looks great.

Where are you from? Seems like you don’t know the area.
No. The opposite end where the statues are.
The entrance there looks little league
The sideline exterior also looks like shit
The River Road entrance is the only one that looks good

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT