ADVERTISEMENT

Emotional Hofstra Postgame

Man, I gotta say, watching that made me tear up. Those guys are really hurting.

And yeah, as a fan and as a Rutgers grad, of course I wish RU had won tonight. But even more than that, I wish things could have finished on a happier note for coach and this group of players...and I truly hurt for them more than anything to do with an "L".

This is what it’s all about, and I know we are all critical of each of them in season, but they are great ambassadors and brought a lot of respect to Rutgers it hasn’t seen in a long time.

Thanks to all of them!

Upstream, Red Team!

We can debate recruiting and our bench and coaching decisions and subs all day long.

But this is such an awesome program to root for. I love that my kids have these guys as role models that they look up to. I think the fanbase showing up today on short notice in crappy weather against freakin Hofstra was about supporting and showing love for this team and the program more than anything, knowing how disappointed they must have been after Sunday. And that's a testament to what Pike has built here.

Side note: definitely got the vibe that Paul isn't coming back after watching that...

We can debate recruiting and our bench and coaching decisions and subs all day long.

But this is such an awesome program to root for. I love that my kids have these guys as role models that they look up to. I think the fanbase showing up today on short notice in crappy weather against freakin Hofstra was about supporting and showing love for this team and the program more than anything, knowing how disappointed they must have been after Sunday. And that's a testament to what Pike has built here.

Side note: definitely got the vibe that Paul isn't coming back after watching that...
Same here.

Quite the 25 minutes. Hard not to root for these guys.

Somewhat surprised they didn't ask Paul about returning (tough to do in the moment, but I think they could have done it tactfully). I wonder if he's not coming back, what the reason would be?

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Tremendous in a lot of ways that far exceeds basketball. I'm always defending Pike and what's being built because any fan can read other teams message boards and you don't see the fabric of what this staff is and has put together.

You have to be a troll or non RU fan to not see what's being built here. And with the pieces being brought into the RAC, we as fans are kinda lucky right now. I'm Uber confident this spring and summer will take RU basketball and the real fans to the next level.

There will never be an SNL skit mocking Coach Pikell, I can assure you of that! Class act, you have heard it from his players and just as impressive from opposing coaches. Go RU. Can there be anything better for college players than to want to come back to campus to check in on the school and coach? Anything better than reliving the great times you had and the friendships you made with coaches and teammates? Let's hope Greg gets his program to the point of what Steve has done here on everyone of those levels.

Quite the 25 minutes. Hard not to root for these guys.

Somewhat surprised they didn't ask Paul about returning (tough to do in the moment, but I think they could have done it tactfully). I wonder if he's not coming back, what the reason would be?
Really great stuff a good listen.

Caleb has been a warrior given everything he’s gone through over the last 5 years.

I don’t think they asked Paul a question because Paul was signaling he didn’t want any part of it. I found it strange they didn’t press it though so I’m now wondering if maybe something is really going on that they’re now aware of and so they held back.

It’s clear Pikes a great leader of men and his players love him. Also it’s clear how much these guys read and hate the local media.

Also caleb admitted something obvious, which is they showed up for games that they had no interest in playing and couldn’t get up for, which for some reason a large portion of this board didn’t want to admit or accept as reality with every team.

@bac2therac
Well you still won’t admit that Caleb is better than Mathis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT