ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN’s The Last Dance Connects the Superstars for Ron Harper Jr.

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
“It’s definitely a little weird and somewhat humbling to see your dad on there,” said Harper Jr., a rising junior with the Scarlet Knights men's basketball team. “It’s him talking, then it flashes to Michael (Jordan), and then to Scottie (Pippen) and he’s just sitting there watching with me like it’s an ordinary thing. A lot of people text me when the show is on. It’s been fun watching and following along”

https://www.rutgers.edu/news/espns-last-dance-connects-superstars-scarlet-knight-ron-harper-jr

I do find it interesting Ron Harper Sr.'s only interview was about playing against MJ when he can be seen in most footage of the Bulls during the 97-98 season

We haven't been watching "The Last Dance" but reading that article was really great. RHJ has already led quite a life and I'm confident that the best is yet to come.

Here's what struck me in the article
RHJ

“I always think about being in our locker room when we returned from Indiana after the Big Ten and NCAA Tournaments were canceled. I just started to break down. Of all the people to console me, it was Akwasi [Yeboah], after the end of his college career was just taken away. He was so calm, so confident that we were both in the right place and that better days were ahead for us.”

Man, I love this team Pike has assembled. Transfers and recruits are both so EASY to root for.

Can't wait for the seasons ahead

Here's what struck me in the article
RHJ

“I always think about being in our locker room when we returned from Indiana after the Big Ten and NCAA Tournaments were canceled. I just started to break down. Of all the people to console me, it was Akwasi [Yeboah], after the end of his college career was just taken away. He was so calm, so confident that we were both in the right place and that better days were ahead for us.”

Man, I love this team Pike has assembled. Transfers and recruits are both so EASY to root for.

Can't wait for the seasons ahead

The culture of the program is incredible. It's very hard building it. But once it's built it starts to feed into itself.

Reactions: Rufaninga
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT