ADVERTISEMENT

Football ESPN FPI projects the remaining games on Rutgers Football's schedule

This thing is useless. So much recency bias. If we lose 38-7 to Michigan, all of the BiG game percentages will drop by 10%.

Beat Indiana and Sparty for a chance to play Maryland for a bowl game on Senior Day. I'd sign up for that.

Take this all with a grain of salt... but assuming these game odds are accurate, we would have an 81.2% chance of bowling. I dont trust that since the game odds are not independent of eachother, but by simulating the season a bunch of times with these odds, thats what we are looking at.

Take this all with a grain of salt... but assuming these game odds are accurate, we would have an 81.2% chance of bowling. I dont trust that since the game odds are not independent of eachother, but by simulating the season a bunch of times with these odds, thats what we are looking at.

Lookit the big brain on RiotSquad!

So everyone is clear, the rule has always been that one game against a non-BCS team can count toward your 6 win bowl requirement. Wagner would count but we'd still need two more wins.

I think many here will agree that if we want to bowl, we need to beat MSU and Indiana. We can't stub our toe in either of those games or it will be tough.

The idea that our home game against Maryland is a toss up is crazy. Right now, they are better, with one of the top QBs in college football. I look forward to Taglovailoa finishing up his eligibility. Not to say it's an automatic loss. But to me, it's almost as tough as Wisconsin or Iowa.

To be fair, 6-6 gets us a bowl game, but a Dollar General bowl game. 7-5 at least gets us Shop-Rite.

• Haha
Reactions: Lerxst72
What a difference a week makes.
Just a very slight favorite in a couple of games that last week we were not favored.
Surprised at the Maryland numbers.
And Indiana and Michigan State are the best chances for a win
but I don't think wins vs. Iowa or Wisconsin would be shocking

Reactions: Kbee3
IF we stay competitive vs Michigan.
Destroy Wagner.
Pull out an upset win @Wisconsin.

Overall Record 5-1 B1G 3-1
Top 25 going into Michigan St.???

Then If we beat Michigan St. then def. Top 25
Overall Record 6-1 B1G 4-1

definitely doable...

Maryland game is also in November when weather could be factor and maybe Maryland does not throw ball as well.

So everyone is clear, the rule has always been that one game against a non-BCS team can count toward your 6 win bowl requirement. Wagner would count but we'd still need two more wins.

I think many here will agree that if we want to bowl, we need to beat MSU and Indiana. We can't stub our toe in either of those games or it will be tough.

The idea that our home game against Maryland is a toss up is crazy. Right now, they are better, with one of the top QBs in college football. I look forward to Taglovailoa finishing up his eligibility. Not to say it's an automatic loss. But to me, it's almost as tough as Wisconsin or Iowa.
You mean FBS, not BCS, but yes I agree that many are underestimating Maryland. Pretty odd considering they just beat us 37-0 at the end of last season.

Reactions: LeapinLou
I think we win either 6 or 7 games. We have to win Wagner, Michigan State and Indiana. The other win will be Wisconsin or Maryland, both will be difficult games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT