ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN WNBA Mock Draft has Arella going #5 to Dallas

sammybb

All Conference
Jul 25, 2001
Mock draft comes after last night's draft lottery. As the reporter notes, there are no clear #1 picks (or even top 5) picks this year, so this is kind of a crapshoot, but this is indicative of how highly Arella is viewed as a WNBA prospect (Also, for anyone who says CVS doesn't develop players, Arella was a fringe top 100 player coming out of HS, and is almost certainly a first round pick if she remains healthy).

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/i...li-collier-projected-go-no-1-new-york-liberty
5. Dallas Wings: Arella Guirantes, SG, Rutgers

After spending her freshman year at Texas Tech, Guirantes returned closer to her New York home and has blossomed for the Scarlet Knights. Last season, she averaged 20.6 PPG, 6.0 RPG and 3.1 APG, plus played a team-high 37.1 minutes per game. Her 36-point showcase in a February victory vs. Ohio State was one of the more exciting individual performances of last season. Perhaps the 2020 success of Rutgers alums Betnijah Laney and Kahleah Copper might also help Guirantes' profile.

Reactions: Bon1674 and MADHAT1
Selfishly, I hope she comes back for one more season, though I fully expect her to enter the draft and represent us proudly in the WNBA.

I wish she comes back too !! But I’m realistic. Athletes have such a lifespan for their bodies, can’t blame her for wanting to get that check!
If we go to the Final Four this year she goes even higher than 5 imo !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT