ADVERTISEMENT

Estime

i assume you mean professionally? lol, this is not the case. it's a good school, but it def does NOT have the impact of actual "tier 1"s: Ivy's, MIT, Cal Tech, Stanford...etc. It is a good school, no question, but the "slaps you across the face" bit is silly. besides, the school you went to only really matters very early in your career, unless you are doing something very wrong
well.. Catholics in hiring positions may place it very high up.. and there are a lot of them. But football players being recruited at that level.. they think NFL. And Notre Dame won't hurt you there.

If not us happy he’s at least not in the Big Ten. At this day in age there is no excuse for a Jersey player to go to another Big Ten school.
Notre dame is what it is

Reactions: Plum Street
Yeah no. Less than 50% of USA Catholics do not support it.
White Bus, God’s commandments are not up for vote, the teachings of the Catholic church are not a democracy. The majority of Catholics have not been taught or understand their true Catholic faith. All should take an hour and read their catechism again.

On the day of judgement God may ask one eg Biden why they supported abortion on way to heaven, hell, or purgatory (bet most Catholics haven’t heard about the latter 2 at Mass in their fluffy feel good Sunday homilies). All will be judged according to Gods laws.

God Bless and Merry Christmas.

White Bus, God’s commandments are not up for vote, the teachings of the Catholic church are not a democracy. The majority of Catholics have not been taught or understand their true Catholic faith. All should take an hour and read their catechism again.

On the day of judgement God may ask one eg Biden why they supported abortion on way to heaven, hell, or purgatory (bet most Catholics haven’t heard about the latter 2 at Mass in their fluffy feel good Sunday homilies). All will be judged according to Gods laws.

God Bless and Merry Christmas.
Heaven ? Hell ? Purgatory ? You're funny.
Where exactly do you imagine these "places" to be ?

Heaven ? Hell ? Purgatory ? You're funny.
Where exactly do you imagine these "places" to be ?
I’m funny but I know looks aren’t everything (-:

Take a few minutes to read the Catechism and please make a good confession to be in a state of grace. Just a quick read to jumpstart.

Reactions: Caliknight
If a student was looking for a Catholic focused college, they would pick colleges like Christendom, Ave Maria, and Franciscan, not Notre Dame, Seton Hall, Saint Johns

OK... Who wouldve thought when this thread first started that it would turn into something that might wind up on the CE board lol?

When I attended St. John Vianney I had a Jewish Theology teacher.

People have a lot of misconceptions about what a Catholic high school or college education is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Caliknight
I’m funny but I know looks aren’t everything (-:

Take a few minutes to read the Catechism and please make a good confession to be in a state of grace. Just a quick read to jumpstart.

Only if you read The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins or The End Of Faith by Sam Harris or god IS Not Great by Christopher Hitchens.

Only if you read The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins or The End Of Faith by Sam Harris or god IS Not Great by Christopher Hitchens.
KB, I’m guessing you are an atheist? Out of curiousity, what were your parents?

And if you honestly promise to read the Catechism, I’ll read the books you mentioned. If you agree, I’ll throw 2 others in so we both have 3.

Last edited:
KB, I’m guessing you are an atheist? Out of curiousity, what were your parents?

And if you honestly promise to read the Catechism, I’ll read the books you mentioned. If you agree, I’ll throw 2 others in so we both have 3.
I prefer the Sam Harris point that there is no more need for a special word for those who don't believe in an unprovable god than there is for those that don't believe in alchemy.
My ideas on religion, gods, and the concept of worship have nothing to do with my parents. They're MY ideas.
I've read my fill of religious nonsense. No more for me.
And I still think you'd love Dawkins, Harris, and Hitchens thoughts on religions.

Back to football for a moment, if Estime gets the same amount of playing time at Notre Dame as Pete Mokwah for two years I think he transfers to Rutgers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT