ADVERTISEMENT

Eugene improvement: Year 1 to 2 to 3

Exactly the example we need from our upperclassmen. Think of what it will do for our program to have his kind of work ethic and continuous individual improvement become the norm.

If guys take it upon themselves to work like he has, as a form of tradition at RU hoops, we will have established a brand and character that can be passed along to each successive class.

We become known as the hardest working college basketball program in the country and attract guys that want to challenge themselves and each other to be the absolute best they can be.

Thank you Gene, for setting the standard.

His leg injury has to be overcome before fans can expect significant improvement next season.Right now I doubt fans know Eugene's health status .

He could easily be an 18 point scorer for us. If he's healthy enough in the off season to put in the time, I'm confident we will see higher shooting percentages from him. My dream is to see 40-50 3's from him, which could make him a 20 point scorer.

If he wants to improve on this year’s numbers (basically 14/7), he will (a) need to stay healthy, and (b) shoot better from 3-pt range. I don’t see much more than a slight increase in the ppg average just from a continuation of his post/mid-range game.

He started out this past season looking really good from 3-pt range, but he trailed off markedly. Not sure if that was due to the injury, or just that he was so locked in to shooting from deep early on because he was so fresh from practicing his shooting in the offseason, and then just lost his focus or mechanics as the season wore on.

Either way, the goal for the team should be nothing less than the NCAA tournament, so that this hard working young man can see the team benefit from his incredible rise.

At one point in the season, Omoruyi's shot looked like it couldn't miss. Sheesh. Then he started going inside more. Still think it has a lot of potential. Like everyone has said, getting healthy is key for him. This injury seems to be recurring, which is not good. Best to Omoruyi!

His scoring could increase in many ways without him shooting more 3s. For instance, the rest of the team could hit a few 3s and he'd have more space.

His leg injury has to be overcome before fans can expect significant improvement next season.Right now I doubt fans know Eugene's health status .

Wondering what it would take to "Fix" the patella? Is it the ligaments? Or something else?

How successful are these types of procedures and how long does it take the "average" person to recover (Gene ain't average- he's a DC / Marvel hero combined).

MO

EO's value is 15 feet and in. If he improved his short range jumper, he might add a little to his scoring average. Defense and rebounding are enough for me, considering we now have enough players for the scoring to be spread around more.

Best case scenario is we have more scoring options and EO will not be relied on so much.

Hopefully Harper develops into a real threat, Geo, Young, Mathis, McConnell all are potential scoring options.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT