ADVERTISEMENT

Practice yesterday August 1 and on August 7,2024

lucky to be invited back to practice on August 7,2024. Pike was not there and his assistants especially Brandon Knight ran practice. Met Jay Young who is happy to be back and very anxious to work with this talent. He will help our defense a lot as we were discussing our tremendous length.

Mostly drills , half court offense and defense . Lucky that the 5-10 minute scrimmage was tied so they put 1 minute on the clock and did that 5 times because it was tied so got 15-20 minutes out o scrimmage.
Again PJ Hayes and Martini will be really good 3 point shooters. Martini is tough and will rebound as well.
Latham was really good yesterday as he hit 3 -3 shots from 15-20 feet on a pick and pop. He is a huge dude, all 6’10 and 270 lbs. Egbole will be a dunker only. Interested to see what Jay Young can do with him.
JMike was much better today than the other day . He even hit his foul shots on the scrimmage. He harassed JWill bringing the ball up all scrimmage.
Pleasant suprise will be Dylan Grant . Kid can shoot , finds the dunking spot when Ace is doubled and finds him , can finish on drives as he had 2 and ones . He also hit 4-4 foul shots. He will see some time and above Dorsch , who is long as heck but needs time.
Dylan did all the drills but held out of scrimmage. During scrimmage he was running sprints with the Strength guy Campbell for at least 7-15 minutes getting himself in basketball shape. His knee will be fine as he did full court and half court drills without an issue and with a number of dunks.
Watched from above as practice was at APC and then came down to the court after practice. Our team is incredibly long and big. JMike is 6’2 and everyone else is at least 6’4 JWill , but most 6’6 and taller. We look the part and will have more depth than we have ever had and Pike will be mixing and matching the 5 on the court at any 1 time.

Acuff still in the cast and roller. Unfortunately did not get an update from him.
Practice without Pike was run the same as August 1. Fast efficient for an hour and 20 to 30 minutes. Then guys did their three point shooting.
Excited about this team but without seeing Dylan running the show it is hard to gauge but we will be the most athletic team on the court every night. We have the shooters to make a run. Something we haven’t had since Douby and Shields.
Awesome recap goru, many thanks!

I also was at practice yesterday and goru7 was right on the money. The team is so much faster and bigger. Hayes and Martini can really shoot the three. Derback is one guy who takes it to the basket and will draw fouls. Davis is much improved especially a surprise with his offense. Ogbole will block shots and is so much more athletic as he can sky, run really fast and can be a pleasant surprise. He is healthy now. Somerville is big and has trimmed down a bit over the last month. He can make outside shots as he led his team back in the scrimmage to end in a tie after trailing by ten. Jeremiah looks pretty good as well. Storch and Grant are also good and tall. I think it will be hard to cut minutes for only 9-10 guys. They all are impressive. Bailey is so smooth in everything. I think Martini will play center perhaps about six minutes a game. He and Williams are very good leaders. I see some of that from Davis and Hayes as well. The bench looks like everyone could contribute at one time or another. I know I am so excited for this season. Hopefully we can stay healthy and just keep working and improving. Go RU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT