ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Eugene Omoruyi chats with TKR at Media Day

He always seems to be in the right spot, which is a surprise given that he picked up basketball so late. Not expecting nearly a charge per game but it's quite a nice bonus when he picks them up. Hope he can fill Freeman's shoes on the boards.

He always seems to be in the right spot, which is a surprise given that he picked up basketball so late. Not expecting nearly a charge per game but it's quite a nice bonus when he picks them up. Hope he can fill Freeman's shoes on the boards.
Omoruyi has more facets to his game. If it’s notthe boards, he brings so much else. Defensive effort, charges, consistency. I believe he will be a 10 and 8 player this year. Good for Omoruyi on dedicating himself. He seems like a great kid as well. Pike can pick em!

Reactions: dkostus
I think he might have been another soccer guy. They usually have that good footwork.

What I'm always impressed with is how great he is at using the rim and backboard to his advantage on reverse lay-ups, etc. to make it difficult to defend his moves around the basket.

He does have very solid fundamentals. Kids that practice fundamentals will have an advantage theses days as you don’t see this too often.

Reactions: Scarlet83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT