ADVERTISEMENT

***FAQ: Regarding Site Changes***

Richie O

Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
What happened to the site?
As I stated briefly already, I (Richie Schnyderite) am the new publisher of the Rutgers-Rivals site which is now better known as The Knight Report. I was given an opportunity to take over the Rutgers-Rivals site after the old team decided they were moving away from the platform and it was an opportunity I couldn’t refuse. As some of you have already said, due to contractual agreements, the former staff along with myself were not allowed to reveal anything until the clock struck midnight on April 1st.

What has changed?
The two most notable changes are the new team in charge and the new site name. The site can be accessed by going to Rutgers.Rivals.com or TheKnightReport.Net. Make sure you bookmark one of them. Aside from that the boards, layout, subscriptions, features and conversation will all be the same.

This is a board that you have built to be one of the best around and we hope you continue the conversation. There are no plans to change anything when it comes to the boards or the way things work so we hope you enjoy our work and continue the conversation as we take on our new roles.

Does my current account grant me access to Scarlet Nation?
In short, no. Your subscription will not transfer to a new site or platform. If you are reading this you are a member of the Rutgers-Rivals site which is known as The Knight Report. Nothing with your subscription at Rivals has changed.

Who’s on the staff now?
We have some new members in Jay Gomes (Hoops Recruiting), Lex Knapp (Wrestling Analyst), Chris Nalwasky (Beat Writer), and Juan Pablo Guarin-Camargo (Staff Writer). We also have some not so new names in Ryan Lance (Senior Editor) and myself (football recruiting).

For a full introduction from all of our staff members click here.

Will we still be getting the weekly “Fat Cat” article?
Yes you will! However at the moment we are contemplating some new names for the weekly info filled post. It will still be delivered to you each Friday and will feature the latest news and nuggets from the week. If you have any potential names for the new feature, please drop us a note as we are open to any and all suggestions.

What type of features will we receive?
Along with our weekly Friday post, we will look to provide the most up-to-date recruiting info for both football and basketball.
  • We will look to do a Q&A with the staff about every other week or so. Just to keep you guys updated on everything going on around Rutgers.
  • We are working on a new Monday Morning article format. It will have a new name of course and it will start up again very shortly.

• Extended hoops coverage. One thing I always thought the site could use more of was hoops coverage. Along with covering every game, we aim to cover more practices & bring you guys the most up to date recruiting info possible. New Hoops Recruiting Analyst Jay Gomes is one of the best at covering hoops, especially in the state of New Jersey as he spent time at NJHoops.com.

• Extended wrestling coverage. One of the new staff members Lex Knapp will be covering the wrestling team for us. For those of you that don’t know Knapp is a former Scarlet Knight wrestler himself. Also, Ryan Lance has some solid connections to the wrestling recruiting world.

• For spring football practice & beyond, Chris Nalwasky will provide practice notebooks, press conference videos, and much more. Chris covered the team last year and is a grinder when it comes to getting the job done & finding the latest team scoops.

• We will be starting up a new podcast in the coming weeks. Some of our podcasts will include featured guest like some other Rutgers podcasts you know and love.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News