4.) @ Ohio State 2/8
3.) Illinois 3/4
2.) @Penn State 2/4
1.) Iowa 1/31

Bobby’s Crystal Ball
Rutgers will finish out with five more commits in its class of 2017

Recruiting Tidbits
’18 OL Casey Holman (Brookwood - GA)
The three-star offensive tackle claimed a Rutgers offer this week, bringing his total to 14. He mentioned what it was like receiving an offer from the Scarlet Knights.

“It’s great to get an offer from Rutgers. They were one of the first schools to show interest in me during a spring practice last year. I don’t know a ton, but some of my family from New Jersey and one of my uncles even went to Rutgers. I’ll most likely make a trip up there in the summer.”

’17 ATH Hunter Hayek (Wayne Hills – NJ)
Hayek, the brother of RU commit Tyler Hayek, decommitted from Holy Cross this week and has been on the RU radar for some time. Today, Hayek expects to hear more from Rutgers as to where he stands. He would easily be a preferred walk-on candidate, but there is still an outside shot he could receive a late offer.

’17 DT Corey Bolds (Paramus Catholic – NJ)
Bolds’ scheduled visit to Minnesota has now been cancelled as he will not take the final visit. A lot of teams have cooled on Bolds and Rutgers appears to have Axel Nyembwe higher on its board. At one time during his recruitment, Bolds held 20 offers and now his options are much, much fewer.

’17 ATH Elijah Barnwell (Piscataway - NJ)
Barnwell is still on the Rutgers board at running back, but isn’t hearing much from the program at this time. He will likely choose between East Carolina and Buffalo as his recruitment has been a rather light one over the course of the past year. However, if RU strikes out with its other RB targets, Barnwell is a last-minute option.

’17 ATH Raheem Blackshear (Archbishop Wood - PA)
Blackshear was supposed to visit Rutgers this weekend, but committed to Michigan State last weekend while on an official visit. Yesterday, he sent the MSU fan base up in arms when he removed all Michigan State mentions on his Twitter page. Don’t expect Rutgers to give up in this one as Scarlet Nation has learned the staff is very high on Blackshear and believes he can come in and help the team as a true freshman.

’18 DE Lancine Turay (Irvington - NJ)
The brother of RU defensive end, Kemoko Turay, received a Rutgers offer this past week on the strength of a much-improved junior season.

“Coach Ash offered me in person. I went up to Rutgers to chill with my brother and coach pulled me to the side and offered me,” Turay said. “Coach Burnham and Ash said they liked my film and they see a lot of my brother in me. I learned a lot about Rutgers from my brother and I plan to learn more as the months go on."

Here is a look at Turay’s highlight film from this past season:

’17 OL Charles Zarzecki (Boonton - NJ)
Rutgers sent Offensive Line Coach AJ Blazek to see the 6-foot-8, 315-pound target last Thursday at his school. Zarzecki informed Scarlet Nation that he will be visiting Rutgers soon and it’s possible the RU staff will take him as a preferred walk-on. Here is a look at Zarzecki’s senior highlight reel:

’17 DE David Porter (Robinson - AK)
Porter committed to Colorado State on Tuesday night and prior to that commitment, he was planning on making one more official visit to either Rutgers, Tulane, Tulsa, or Oklahoma. Now that he is committed, he doesn’t plan on making any visits this weekend.

Weekend Official Visitors
RB Cordarrian Richardson
FB Brendan Devera
DB Trey Creamer (Minnesota commit)
DB Syhiem Simmons
P Ryan Anderson

Junior Day Visitors
Rutgers will hold a Junior Day this Sunday Jan. 29th. During the day, there will be a host of seniors on hand, who are already committed to Rutgers. Those seniors are as follows:

QB Johnathan Lewis (St. Peter’s Prep - NJ)
WR Everett Wormley (Burlington Twp - NJ)
WR Shameen Jones (Cardinal Hayes - NY)
LB Tyshon Fogg (Calvert Hall - MD)
LB Olakunle Fatukasi (Grand Street - NY)
DB Naijee Jones (Timber Creek - NJ)

Here is a list of all the other confirmed visitors who are expected to be on the Rutgers campus this Sunday:

Class of 2018
QB Devin Leary (Timber Creek - NJ)
QB George Pearson (Mater Dei Prep - NJ)
RB Clayton Scott (Millville - NJ)
RB Yasin Peppers (Queen of Peace - NJ)
WR Taj Harris (Palmyra - NJ)
WR Kevin Johnson Jr. (Hun School - NJ)
WR Carlton Lawerence (Millville - NJ)
WR Lucas Nunez (Cardinal Hayes - NY)
WR Jackson Parham (Hillsborough - NJ)
WR Jasiah Provillon (Irvington - NJ)
TE Henry Pearson (Paramus Catholic - NJ)
TE Elijah McAllister (Rumson Fair Haven - NJ)
OL Evan Lovell (Peddie School - NJ)
OL Qadir White (Cardinal Hayes - NY)
OL Chris Bleich (Wyoming Valley - PA)
OL Zion Hughes (Paramus Catholic - NJ)
OL Sebastian Delasoudas (Don Bosco - NJ)
DE Tyler Friday (Don Bosco - NJ)
DE Dylan Washington (Millville - NJ)
DT Ja’Mion Franklin (North Caroline - MD)
LB Jahan Worth (Parkland - PA)
LB Nick Taburton (Pennridge - PA)
LB Josh Chandler (McKinley - OH)
LB Nick DeNucci (Pope John XXIII - NJ)
LB Robert Snead (Queen of Peace - NJ)
LB Vinny DePalma (DePaul Catholic - NJ)
DB Isaih Pacheo (Vineland - NJ)
DB Shayne Simon (St. Peter’s Prep - NJ)
ATH Marcial Ramos (Millville - NJ)

Class of 2019
WR Jarron Hayek (Wayne Hills - NJ)
DT Christopher Stultz (St. Peter’s Prep - NJ)
DB Cartier Gray (Millville - NJ)

Class of 2020
DE Charles Finley (Don Bosco - NJ)
DT Jahmir Green (Don Bosco - NJ)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News