ADVERTISEMENT

***Fat Cat Friday: 11/24 Everything but the kitchen sink!***

bobby deren

Heisman Winner
Feb 8, 2007
Quotables
Gio Rescigno on his approach to this week’s QB competition:

“Each week, the best guy is going to play. You can’t go into a week saying ‘I am not the starter so I am not going to work harder than somebody else.’ I think it is the same it has been every week. Just work all week, try to improve and get better.”

Jonah Jackson on where he sees himself in the starting lineup next season:
“I could see me possibly going back to left guard and Mike [Maietti] going back to center. That’s what I think, but you never know.”

Corey Sanders on playing a soft early-season schedule:
“Every game helps for us, to get out there and get chemistry built with guys. We are able to work on our game in live action. These games prepares for the games coming up. Of course it is not going to be as easy as it has been. We see that every year. But it gets us pumped up and motivated for those games. It is going to be a different season around here for Rutgers in the Big Ten, so we are just going to keep rolling.”

Chris Ash on players potentially leaving early for the 2018 NFL Draft:
“We're not having those conversations right now. Our focus is on Michigan State. That's where it needs to be. If people are worried about what they are going to do after the Michigan State game, we have no chance to win the game. I'm not focused on that. We have our calendars set. We know what we're going to do in the off-season, all that stuff, what we're doing in recruiting. But as a coach and as a player, our focus has to be on our preparation, our practices and doing our job as good as we can for Michigan State. All the other stuff, we'll worry about that when the season's over.”

Fat Cat Top Five
Top Five Biggest Position Voids heading into offseason
.) Defensive End
4.) Kick Returner
3.) Wide Receiver
2.) Punter
1.) Running Back

Bobby’s Crystal Ball
Janarion Grant will not play tomorrow against Michigan State

Recruiting Tidbits
DE Kaymar Mimes (Long Branch - NJ)
At the moment, we've confirmed two set official visits for the 2018 defensive end - Rutgers and UConn. Rutgers is in a good spot, and Mimes plans on deciding not too long after the Rutgers official visit (Dec. 15th).

DT PJ Johnson (City College of San Francisco – CA)
Rutgers has reached into the junior college talent pool and extended an offer to Johnson. Things got started between Johnson and Rutgers in September and picked up quickly. Johnson was a former player at Sacramento State and explained why he left.

“I was at Sacramento State, redshirted a year, played the next, and then last season we found a tumor in my leg. I missed the season. Sacramento State made me pay for the procedure myself and wasn’t really by my side dealing with that scary stressful situation. They pretty much abandoned me so I left the school.”

Rutgers is not the only program interested in Johnson’s services.

“I’m hearing from Coastal Carolina, Southeastern Louisiana, UMass, UNLV, Kansas, FAU, New Mexico, and Rutgers right now,” Johnson said.

DB Jarrett Paul (Paramus Catholic - NJ)
After discussing it with the RU coaching staff, Paul has decided to move his official visit date from the weekend of December 8th now to the weekend December 1st. The only other visitor confirmed so far for that date is Raiqwon O'Neal.

DE Justin Ademilola and DT Jayson Ademilola (St. Peter’s Prep – NJ)
The brothers are scheduled to visit Rutgers this weekend, but aren't 100% sure they are going to make it just yet. They have a practice on Saturday as they get ready for the championship game against Bergen Catholic. If the practices ends on time, they will be come to Rutgers to check out the game. However, the prime reason for attending is to come support former teammate Jonathan Lewis.

Saturday Visitors
Rutgers will play its final home game against Michigan State on Saturday and here is a look of the confirmed visitors who are expected to be on campus:

Class of 2018
QB Jalen Chatman (Narbonne - CA)**
QB Artur Sitwkowski (IMG Academy - FL)**
WR Jalen Jordan (IMG Academy - FL)*
WR Eddie Lewis (Milford Academy - NY)*
LB Marvin Pierre (Milford Academy - NY)
OL Dylan Armson (Loyalsock Township - PA)
DE Lance Turay (Irvington - NJ)*
DE Kaymar Mimes (Long Branch - NJ)*
DE Ibrahim Kamara (Cheshire Academy - CT)
DT Khristopher Banks (DePaul Catholic - NJ)*
DB Avery Young (Coatesville - PA)**
DB Jarrett Paul (Paramus Catholic - NJ)**’
DB Deion Jennings (Timber Creek - NJ)**
ATH Zihir Lacewell (Tottenville - NY)**
K Zach Sterr (Absegami - NJ) PWO Offer

Class of 2019
QB Zamar Wise (Barringer - NJ)**
QB Prince Dru-Bey (Winslow Township - NJ)
QB Stephen Lubisher (Red Bank Catholic - NJ)
RB Nahzir Russell (Pennsauken - NJ)
RB Anthony Williams Jr. (Bolingbrook - IL)
WR Yusuf Terry (Imhotep Charter - PA)*
TE Tyler DeVera (Bergen Catholic - NJ)
OL Jake Hornibrook (Malvern Prep - PA)
DE Adisa Issac (Canarsie - NY)*
K Zach Hoban (Seton Hall Prep - NJ)
LS Evan Davis (Rumson Fair-Haven - NJ)

** Rutgers Commit
* Rutgers Offer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series