ADVERTISEMENT

FDU Post Game Analysis

• Thread starter anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
  • Start date
the thing that excites me the most is the 3 alley oops ( I’m sure it’s an exaggeration on my part) but I don’t recall 3 alley oops all last year. Looking forward to an exciting season. I have confidence I.the coaches to work th D. Acknto the levels we saw last year

I also think Mathis' hand was bothering him. He flexed it after one of his missed free throws, then when he got taken out went behind the bleacher to get it looked at.

Reactions: BillyC80
Hi, I'm one of the guys who thought Mathis didn't play well. I *also* think he has a chance to be a very good player, and that one game or half is not an indictment on his entire career. Believe it or not it's possible to think both things. I swear nuance is completely dead...
Agreed!

I think it is equally silly either to say that MM played well last night as that he wont be good. He is bigger, stronger, and more athletic than Mike Williams--if he can get some of Mike's mentality--doing the dirty work, scoring ugly, being gritty--he'll be real good. I think it'll depend on growth of his on-court IQ as he adjusts to the game and his chachability.

I think it is equally silly either to say that MM played well last night as that he wont be good. He is bigger, stronger, and more athletic than Mike Williams--if he can get some of Mike's mentality--doing the dirty work, scoring ugly, being gritty--he'll be real good. I think it'll depend on growth of his on-court IQ as he adjusts to the game and his chachability.
Bingo

didnt see a post game analysis thread. Anyway here is what I took away from tonights games.

- Defense was horrendous in the first half, especially with how easy FDU was getting to the rim, there was no defensive rotations, evidently pikiell got in their ears at halftime and the team looked like a whole different squad defensively in the second half, great hedges, rotations, etc.

- this team is going to be frustratingly enjoyable to watch. With the way we can shoot the ball we have a chance any game but I think athletic guards are going to give us a ton of trouble.

- Geo tried doing too much in the 1st half, was dribbling way too much and trying to be too fancy, he settled down and looked like a floor general soon after. We’re screwed if he gets in foul trouble though, really lack depth at pg, Caleb didnt seem comfortable running the offense, yes I know still game 1.

Eugene O- kid has grown sooooo much as a basketball player, truly incredible. Now hes hitting 3’s!? Not just hitting them but looking like he’s been there before. Kid continues to impress the hell out of me. And took 2 charges, love that, he took 28 last year.

- Peter Kiss does a lot of little things that go unnoticed. Hes a spark plug and plays with alot of emotion. His shot isnt the prettiest but he seems to be the type where he can either be lights out or way off on any given night. He wasnt as good defensively as advertised, he got cooked a number of times.

- Myles Johnson is exciting. Kid is just good all around, post moves, passing, shot blocking, defense. Very excited for his next 4 years.

- Shaq Doorson can be dominant. Hes fully healthy and the kid has some serious bounce for a guy his size, really a presence on the glass.

- Montez Mathis didnt look ready for d1 basketball tonight. Was hanging his head, not hustling after mistakes, bad passes, awful looking free throws, air balls. He still scored 10 points and hopefully it was just mental and emotions and is fixed quick. Im not expecting a ton from him this year though, i think it’ll be a growth year.

- Ron Harper- just a smart basketball player. He’ll be a nice contributor for us this year. Hes gonna have trouble guarding guards but kid knows where to be on the offensive end and is a weapon.

- looks like duke is going to be a role player this year with shaq D and myles.

- peculiar that shaq carter barely played

Overall good first game. Excited for the future, still not expecting anything more than like 14 wins this year
I almost hate to say it but I actually agree with almost everything you said! Maybe you should stick to B Ball comments! ;-) Little overboard predicting what Mathis will do this year after one game but for you that's par for course. Otherwise spot on...I'm concerned about BIG teams with good guards. We don't have a true PG. I say 12-18 wins

So you weren’t there, but you are going to piss on a really impressive game with a Captain Obvious statement. Rediculous post.

If you aren’t going to add anything to the conversation, don’t post.

Ridiculous Post lol. my post WAS IN SUPPORT of the team/player in reply to BAC's comment about the other poster "being too hard on them". Someone used the first game stat to make a negative comment and THAT"S why I said that. You got it totally backwards.I was thrilled with what I heard and saw in the recap.

That's fine. But please don't tell me what and if I can post.

Ridiculous Post lol. my post WAS IN SUPPORT of the team/player in reply to BAC's comment about the other poster "being too hard on them". Someone used the first game stat to make a negative comment and THAT"S why I said that. You got it totally backwards.I was thrilled with what I heard and saw in the recap.

That's fine. But please don't tell me what and if I can post.

Hard to understand your post, but my apologies as I misunderstood it.

And you and anyone can post what they want to post, and that includes me.

Go Knights!

Mike Williams was communicating with Montez throughout the game and pulling him off the bench to talk to him and keep him focused. Big brother little brother kind of thing.

If he plays with William’s effort he will be an excellent player .

Hard to understand your post, but my apologies as I misunderstood it.

And you and anyone can post what they want to post, and that includes me.

Go Knights!

Comments about Mathis were made and I was trying to say its only 1 of 30 games. The first one. Can't be down on him for that.

No worries. My wife and kids don't know wtf I am trying to say most days too. Must be me lol.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Comments about Mathis were made and I was trying to say its only 1 of 30 games. The first one. Can't be down on him for that.

No worries. My wife and kids don't know wtf I am trying to say most days too. Must be me lol.

Got it. Thanks.

The exhibition vs SJU
Geo had 4 pts (2/8, 0/4 3pt) 3 A. 2 Reb.

CCNY
Geo had 10 pts (5/9, 0/4 3pt), 4 A, 3 Reb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT