ADVERTISEMENT

Female Ref

Was she saying "taunting " warning against Morgan St. in the 1st Qtr ? Heard that on two different occasions.

According to BTN broadcast, that was a first for collegiate football, so another first for Rutgers. Sounds like she overcame some personal tragedies to get to where she is. Too bad the audio seemed to break down as the game went on. I could hear her clearly at the beginning but very muffled in the second half.

According to BTN broadcast, that was a first for collegiate football, so another first for Rutgers. Sounds like she overcame some personal tragedies to get to where she is. Too bad the audio seemed to break down as the game went on. I could hear her clearly at the beginning but very muffled in the second half.

On the radio Carlin mentioned an ESPN article about here.

Here's a link for anyone who cares. http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...e-rise-college-football-official-amanda-sauer

I think it is a first for the B1G conference. There have been female refs before.

Reactions: RU22
She is a good ref, did a good job. I thought her slacks were too tight because I found myself checking out her ass. On second thought I liked how she looked, her slacks fit perfectly.
I found this ironic tidbit:

“Officials’ pants are oh-so flattering. Just awful, the crotch around your knees,” she said. “My short-term goal is to make women’s officiating pants.”

https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/u...cial-dreams-of-referee-assignment-spot-in-nfl

I was rooting for her once I heard her story. Her husband (Stanford grad, they may have said he was an athlete there) died a few years ago, and not long after that one of her daughters was diagnosed with cancer (I think they said skin cancer). While she was enduring this grief, she was at a local football game and noticed someone had blocked a player in the back, which she said out loud. The BTN announcers said something along the lines of, the person sitting next to her was aware that a local ref league needed refs, and she should apply for it. She ended up studying for it and got the job, and that brings her to today where she was the first female to ref a college football game, and not to be overlooked is that it was at the birthplace of college football. She said that the challenges of learning how to be a ref helped her through the grief of losing her husband and caring for her ailing daughter.

Someone would have to have a lead blanket over their heart to not root for her.

Last edited:
Believe they said it was Not her first game. Her first B1G game

Reactions: RU22
She seemed OK, but funny voice. Needed to take out whatever is stuck in her nose - LOL.
Could not understand one word she uttered the entire game in the stadium. Sounded like Charlie Brown's teacher talking. Either she had a problem with pronunciation or our sound system completely sucks.

it was fine but she didn't fully explain some calls. definitely need to turn up the bass on the mic that wasn't also working so well, but that is not on her.

crew missed that one call where the MS player clearly caught the KO at the 1-2 yard line and ran back into the end zone..should have been a clear safety but at that point I think they were on "look the other way a bit" mode given the score.

overall, no complaints.

At the game they did a camera shot of the crowd and kids were holding up "Our Mom Is The Ref" sign. Very cute and garnered some applause.
20170916_160443_zpshfvevism.jpg

I was rooting for her once I heard her story. Her husband (Stanford grad, they may have said he was an athlete there) died a few years ago, and not long after that one of her daughters was diagnosed with cancer (I think they said skin cancer). While she was enduring this grief, she was at a local football game and noticed someone had blocked a player in the back, which she said out loud. The announcers said something along the lines of, the person sitting next to her was aware that a local ref league needed refs, and she should apply for it. She ended up studying for it and got the job, and that brings her to today where she was the first female to ref a college football game, and not to be overlooked is that it was at the birthplace of college football. She said that the challenges of learning how to be a ref helped her through the grief of losing her husband and caring for her ailing daughter.

Someone would have to have a lead blanket over their heart to not root for her.

What a touching story with a great ending.

Could not understand one word she uttered the entire game in the stadium. Sounded like Charlie Brown's teacher talking. Either she had a problem with pronunciation or our sound system completely sucks.

Agreed, I didn't have a problem with the calls, but I truly and initially believed someone in the student section was handed the mic.

Amazing story of perseverance. The tragedies she has faced and the determination to be successful in her career makes her a role model for EVERYONE, not just females.

Reactions: KevH
1) she did a great job as the dead that crew yesterday

2) God bless her, and her kids, damn

3) but, she's cute, and in pretty good shape too!

4) I hope you guys making fun of her voice, calling her "nasally", I'm from the greater Philadelphia area or below Trenton/Hamilton lol!!

5) another 1st for RU!!

She is a good ref, did a good job. I thought her slacks were too tight because I found myself checking out her ass. On second thought I liked how she looked, her slacks fit perfectly.
Can lingerie wearing refs be that far off? How about some special motion signals for penalties after they make that switch. I look forward to some busty ref with a nice but doing the new "illegal motion" penalty sign.

Of course I am having a bit of fun.. she did a fine job.

My brother commented before the game started, why are all the refs wearing baggy pants except that one with the tight pants?

It is POSSIBLE she was actually the 1st REFEREE who is a woman, or the 1st female REFEREE for a Big Ten game (even if OOC). The REFEREE is the "white hat" ref, the one in charge of the crew and all the calls. And she was the "white hat" in the RU game. I believe the other "refs" have different titles, like Line Judge, Umpire, etc., but there might only be ONE "referee" in each crew.

Reactions: Scarlet16E
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT