ADVERTISEMENT

Female Ref

She has a very compelling story and her and her crew did a fantastic job yesterday. Great to see a woman get a shot at officiating.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
There have been female refs before at rutgers and in the big ten...she is the first female official

Nice story. She was the first female referee, others have 'manned' other spots on the field. Overall a good job. She did indicate after a penatly on one of the extra points that the "field goal" was good. That's just being picky. May hat's off to her.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
20170916_160443_zpshfvevism.jpg
You just ruined it!

Can lingerie wearing refs be that far off? How about some special motion signals for penalties after they make that switch. I look forward to some busty ref with a nice but doing the new "illegal motion" penalty sign.

Of course I am having a bit of fun.. she did a fine job.
She had a kevlar br/chest protector on. Note to Jerry KIll.
btw....she was naked under her clothes.
The official's sound system at HPSS sucks like an airplane toilet more often than it works. #Embarrassing.
Backfield in motion.

Officials were good today. Had a bit of trouble understanding the female referee when she announced the penalties.

Announcing penalties is where I think her mistakes were. There were several penalties that I think she could have explained better. For example, there was one instance was on a holding penalty on a return where she failed to announce the penalty would be enforced "... from the spot of the foul", but that's something she should gain with more experience.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
Announcing penalties is where I think her mistakes were. There were several penalties that I think she could have explained better. For example, there was one instance was on a holding penalty on a return where she failed to announce the penalty would be enforced "... from the spot of the foul", but that's something she should gain with more experience.
There were a few of those I noticed as well, but she will absolutely get better as time goes on. She will get more comfortable in front of the camera, and she also has the game film to hear what she said. It will be a lot of fun following her career, which is something I never thought I'd say about a ref/official. Her backstory of tragedy, along with her being the first female official, AND it having taken place at RU, and I will be watching to see how she calls other games. Maybe she has a fan page so we can find out which games she'll be working.

Reactions: sherrane
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT