ADVERTISEMENT

Fickell to Wisconsin

We were put in that position because the B1G handcuffed us by partial payment.
The B1G offered us entry to the most lucrative level of college football. Did you really think we would be given an equal share of a brand that's been built over more than a hundred years from go? Equal treatment? Not a friggin' chance.

The dues that are being paid are well worth it and completely expected to anyone who has a grasp of basic business.

Keep laying bricks and RU will build something really special. We're in a marathon not a sprint. We joined the race wearing work boots and work to upgrade our shoes every year.

The B1G offered us entry to the most lucrative level of college football. Did you really think we would be given an equal share of a brand that's been built over more than a hundred years from go? Equal treatment? Not a friggin' chance.

The dues that are being paid are well worth it and completely expected to anyone who has a grasp of basic business.

Keep laying bricks and RU will build something really special. We're in a marathon not a sprint. We joined the race wearing work boots and work to upgrade our shoes every year.
I completely understand not getting a full payment, but our payment was really low. Even when the conference increased its payout to the rest of the schools, a year or two after RU joined, we did not see any increase.

I completely understand not getting a full payment, but our payment was really low. Even when the conference increased its payout to the rest of the schools, a year or two after RU joined, we did not see any increase.
Because we took an advance on future payouts. Was tough sledding early on which made it necessary, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I think it was a good move at the time.

Not entirely accurate.
Removing our "advances" it was still unlike any other due paying situtation.

Any other scenario, the value of an ownership would be established (for example a 1/12 share of the BTN = $100m
That would be the amount paid by the new shareholder to the existing shareholders.

During the buy in, this amount would be paid back.
Example: $100m over 7 years = $14.28m
So for the next 7 years, the new shareholder would receive a normal distribution minus . That amount would be distributed to the existing shareholders.
If the normal distribution goes up over time our distribution would increase but our "buy in amount" would remain the same.
Hypothetical:
Normal distribution is $30m - Rutgers would receive $15.7m with the balance going towards buy in
Normal distribution increases to $40m - Rutgers would receive $25.7m with the balance going towards buy in

Instead, our buy-in was "well you are making $40,000 a year now. your going to continue to make that for the next 7 years."
There was no set amount or value placed on the share we were buying into and then paying back.
Our buy in amount vastly increased because the value of the share increased AFTER we began purchasing it.
Even just comparing to Maryland - who was buying the same share at the exact same time.
We paid different pieces.

If I go buy an equal share of Apple - it doesn't change the price depending upon how much money I'm currently making.

It's literally an agreement unlike any other - even those with a grasp of basic business.

Reactions: rurichdog
So are they not going to win the West and be ranked to end the season?
The board experts said they would be.
I'll cue the excuses. But but but they lost 2 RBs and a QB and they are breaking in a new offense.

Sorry, it's Indiana, and that should not happen to Wisconsin ever.

I'll cue the excuses. But but but they lost 2 RBs and a QB and they are breaking in a new offense.

Sorry, it's Indiana, and that should not happen to Wisconsin ever.
Tbf Indiana is not that bad. PSU barely beat them at home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT