ADVERTISEMENT

For all the history buffs on here, especially Revolutionary War

Is it really worth it? I'm really picking about my historical fiction. I couldn't make it through 10 minutes of that Sons of Liberty miniseries.

Originally posted by Son of Red:
Is it really worth it? I'm really picking about my historical fiction. I couldn't make it through 10 minutes of that Sons of Liberty miniseries.
Yes it is. Great period series. Start from the beginning though. Jumping in at this point you would miss a lot of separate plots.

Last nights 2 hour show flew by. It's the only non sports TV show I watch. Besides the news and sports I watch no other programming besides Turn.

I haven't had a chance to see this series, so I'll wait until I can start from the beginning.

Has anyone read the book 1776?

Originally posted by WhiteBus:
Originally posted by Son of Red:
Yes it is. Great period series. Start from the beginning though. Jumping in at this point you would miss a lot of separate plots.

Last nights 2 hour show flew by. It's the only non sports TV show I watch. Besides the news and sports I watch no other programming besides Turn.
Thanks. I have the first season on the DVR but haven't had the time to watch yet.

I have a friend that called me last week about a civil war map. He is cleaning out his parents house and found it. He asked if I knew anybody who might look at this map and tell him if it is an original dating back to the war. I told him that I did not know of anybody with that interest.

Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks

Originally posted by DJ Spanky:
I haven't had a chance to see this series, so I'll wait until I can start from the beginning.

Yes. A very good read. Also try Washington's Crossing by David Fisher.

Both excellent reads. I have Washington's Spies to read still

Originally posted by VW Knight:

Cool, I'll have to look for those two. McCullough also did another excellent book, John Adams.

Originally posted by gunboat:

I have a friend that called me last week about a civil war map. He is cleaning out his parents house and found it. He asked if I knew anybody who might look at this map and tell him if it is an original dating back to the war. I told him that I did not know of anybody with that interest.

Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks

Originally posted by VW Knight:

Just realized that Turn is based on Washington's Spies! Ok now maybe I should read that first. :)

Adams Chronicles (No Raul Julia but does actually have an episode with a young Christopher Lloyd). I got hooked while I was an undergrad. You can find episodes on YouTube. Early mini-series. Good stuff...especially for around the Bi-Centennial and undefeated FB and BB seasons.....Op-Sail. Seems like the only bad thing was Disco...and by today's standards - it wasn't so bad.

This post was edited on 4/14 12:27 PM by HeyHuey

Adams Chronicles IMBD 1976

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT