ADVERTISEMENT

For those of you looking for Centenary College clothing sales

Cool ! I grew up in Hackettstown, home of the Centenary College NOW University. My freshman year at RU NB was Sept 1971 and RU was still all male that year and Centenary still all female. My roomie and I would go back to H'town for weekend parties at Centenary, at that time an expensive 2 year school for rich girls. I have many, many good memories from those parties and 'after parties', lol. Drinking age was 18 then, and the few local bars in Hackettstown made a good business from the Centenary girls who were bored, rich, and looking for fun ! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Centenary pays adjuncts $500 per credit. Disgraceful school

My niece , Marisa McFadden, was an Adjunct there ! lol. She quit too because of the crappy pay. She then taught at Allentown College of St Francis de Sales, which paid only a little bit more.
Centenary is now a D3 power in wrestling. Getting some good kids from P'burg, NW NJ, and Easton Pa.

Are they still hiring adjuncts? I'm looking for an adjunct job and want experience.

Comparison is valid if Centenary is a public school. As far as I know it is a private college whose funding sources are far different.

I am aware of this, and the comparison is still certainly valid as it is more or less the exact same job. The state adjuncts have a union, of course. One can't easily find adjunct pay at private universities, but my grad Alma Mater BU pays $2000 per credit and up.

I once adjuncted at a crappy little private college in Maine called Thomas College that paid $800 per credit. All adjuncts are low paid, but I've never seen anything like Centenary. Imagine teaching full time at this "university" and making $16,000 a year. I bet they have some real talent in their adjunct cohort!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT