ADVERTISEMENT

Football Former RFootball FB Burton feels "the sky is the limit" for the Scarlet Knights

Great article.

Despite the constant drumbeat of negativity from the board troll, who many of us fail to see why he continues to be allowed to post his drivel, the program is headed in the right direction. Wins and losses matter for sure, but in the B1G East, it is going to take some time to compete with the big time programs. Chris Ash and his coaches are doing a fabulous job, and the facilities have been improved remarkably in the short time Chris Ash has been here. Let us remember that none of this would have been possible but for the hiring of Chris Ash and Pat Hobbs. Onward and upward (even if it is not as fast as some people want).

Great article.

Despite the constant drumbeat of negativity from the board troll, who many of us fail to see why he continues to be allowed to post his drivel, the program is headed in the right direction. Wins and losses matter for sure, but in the B1G East, it is going to take some time to compete with the big time programs. Chris Ash and his coaches are doing a fabulous job, and the facilities have been improved remarkably in the short time Chris Ash has
been here. Let us remember that none of this would have been possible but for the hiring of Chris Ash and Pat Hobbs. Onward and upward (even if it is not as fast as some people want).

Knight, you are totally correct. There are times I read the posts here and I feel like I am back on the NJ.com site with the paid trolls who are there just to create havoc. I believe this program is in good hands and is moving in the right direction. This does not mean the Ash is the next Knute Rockne but this is a good staff. This is a tough league and a brutal division so progress is not going to be measured in leaps and bounds but in small increments. Ash has reached a point where the Flood legacy is just about over and Ash's legacy begins in full. I look forward to this season and hope, as a fan, we go undefeated. As a realist I look for improvement. Go RU. As for this article, I enjoyed it and I loved Burton. He is a great representative for the University and the program.

Knight, you are totally correct. There are times I read the posts here and I feel like I am back on the NJ.com site with the paid trolls who are there just to create havoc. I believe this program is in good hands and is moving in the right direction. This does not mean the Ash is the next Knute Rockne but this is a good staff. This is a tough league and a brutal division so progress is not going to be measured in leaps and bounds but in small increments. Ash has reached a point where the Flood legacy is just about over and Ash's legacy begins in full. I look forward to this season and hope, as a fan, we go undefeated. As a realist I look for improvement. Go RU. As for this article, I enjoyed it and I loved Burton. He is a great representative for the University and the program.
Preach on, brother. Enjoy the sauna-like weather at the shore today.

I'm at the shore in Wall. We avoid the beaches too on the weekend. Pool is fine with us.
Also, both my wife and I are retired, me for 3 years, my wife this is her 1st summer retired and we go several days during the week and have a season pass for Sandy Hook. $37.50, can't beat that price. The water has been so clean so far,but a little rough. For that price, you don't feel bad if storms roll in or if the wind turns to SW or W and the green heads come in. From what I've read,the green heads can come in anywhere along the Jersey coast,which kind of surprises me.I would think they would mostly only be at beaches that are close to back bays.

Reactions: Knight Shift
No offense but we have been hearing this since the 1980’s. Sleeping giant, on the rise, etc, etc.

Just went and looked at RU recruiting vs. Penn St. :eek:

Last edited:
I feel like I am back on the NJ.com site with the paid trolls who are there just to create havoc.
Honestly, what is a 'paid troll'? Is anyone else out there getting paid to troll, cuz I haven't gotten a darn cent? How do I get me some of that sweet 'paid troll' money???

I'm at the shore in Wall. We avoid the beaches too on the weekend. Pool is fine with us.

giphy.gif

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Honestly, what is a 'paid troll'? Is anyone else out there getting paid to troll, cuz I haven't gotten a darn cent? How do I get me some of that sweet 'paid troll' money???

NJ.com was believed to be using their own staff members as trolls to keep the arguements going. I once suggested they employ an ignore feature like the one used here and my post was removed in five minutes. It was the last post I made there and I haven't been back. The site is famous for "encouraging" trolling. Overall, the site sucks.

Reactions: thegock
NJ.com was believed to be using their own staff members as trolls to keep the arguements going. I once suggested they employ an ignore feature like the one used here and my post was removed in five minutes. It was the last post I made there and I haven't been back. The site is famous for "encouraging" trolling. Overall, the site sucks.

FYI, there is now a mute button on the site. But sadly, NJAM I believe fails to realize their tactics drive away readers of the paper and website. It's pretty obvious they have paid plants on the website...for reasons which you mentioned in your post and many more that I have witnessed as well.

Great article.

Despite the constant drumbeat of negativity from the board troll, who many of us fail to see why he continues to be allowed to post his drivel, the program is headed in the right direction. Wins and losses matter for sure, but in the B1G East, it is going to take some time to compete with the big time programs. Chris Ash and his coaches are doing a fabulous job, and the facilities have been improved remarkably in the short time Chris Ash has been here. Let us remember that none of this would have been possible but for the hiring of Chris Ash and Pat Hobbs. Onward and upward (even if it is not as fast as some people want).

Wins and losses do matter but more importantly is recruiting. Can you honestly say how we are doing in that aspect compared to our peers in the BIG? That’s probably a good indicator for future wins and losses.

So no thread on the dismissals, 6 more under investigation for credit card fraud. Or Grey’s court date for multiple traffic offenses and marijuana just a month ago?

Sky is the limit? More like prison.

Schiano isn’t getting a power 5 job due to the Tampa Bay debacle and Tennessee snubbing.

Might as well bring him back. Both parties have nothing to lose at this point.

Should be easy to covince Ash to go quietly. Keep it inexpensive.

So no thread on the dismissals, 6 more under investigation for credit card fraud. Or Grey’s court date for multiple traffic offenses and marijuana just a month ago?

Sky is the limit? More like prison.

Schiano isn’t getting a power 5 job due to the Tampa Bay debacle and Tennessee snubbing.

Might as well bring him back. Both parties have nothing to lose at this point.

Should be easy to covince Ash to go quietly. Keep it inexpensive.

Hi Kyle, no Ash isn't going anywhere so there's no OL position available for you.

Good thinking, he can fill in the blanks with some more 2 star players with offers from Buffalo and Monmouth.

o_O at making fun of Flood at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT