ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Former UNC G/F Destiny Adams (‘25) commits to Rutgers

Had a double-double with 17 points and 11 rebounds to go along with four blocks, three assists, and three steals. Team won big.

Reactions: Knight Shift
YYYEEEEAAAHHH!!!! RU!!

Thank you Destiny.....Thank you Coach........Thank you Adams family......for getting this thing started!

Last edited:
On men’s board they are saying that means we will be getting her sister in the future

Such a great get for the staff and the team for a number of reasons, the most important is that this sends a signal to the other to NJ HS talent that you can stay home and play for RU.
Agreed let’s hope this is only the first domino to fall as RU Crazee said

Saw him play in the state tourney at The RAC. Kid's got a nice game... very smooth. Dare I say he looked very much at home on The Banks! The welcome mat is out for both Destiny and him.

Darius comes with quite the fan club. 😄 After the championship game, there were throngs of teenage girls screaming his name and begging for selfies and autographs!

This is a great job by Coquese and staff. Told you all last year be patient. She was repairing the damage within New Jersey created by years of neglect. Starting with visiting high schools, AAU and grassroots organizations that were abandoned under prior regime. This will go a long way!!

and-so-it-begins.gif

Great get! So exciting!

Now let's get Pissott who's transferring from Tennessee, to come back home too.

Did not know she was transferring. The family goes to my church. I’ll put in a good word with Mom and God.

Hopfully the talent will now start committing .
I can't and won't blame anyone for expressing they were really worried , I was worried myself and this makes me feel that more will be coming to fill out the roster.

Reactions: RUfanDNT
Great get! So exciting!

Now let's get Pissott who's transferring from Tennessee, to come back home too.

She isn't a high major player----belongs at a Holy Cross or a Fairfield.

It was mind boggling to me that Tennessee took her.

After watching the women’s NCAA this year, gonna pay a lot more attention to RU women’s BBall. This coach is a breath of fresh air.

She isn't a high major player----belongs at a Holy Cross or a Fairfield.

It was mind boggling to me that Tennessee took her.
Agree, her stats are not very impressive, but who knows, maybe it was just a bad fit down yonder.

I believe she was a 4 star coming out of HS, and maybe the adjustment to college ball and being away from home hurt her development.
But with a year's college experiance behind her and being close to home, she might just prove to be a good college player and lead the charge in the return to respectability for the RU WBB program.

Agree, her stats are not very impressive, but who knows, maybe it was just a bad fit down yonder.
ScarletteK,....Don't fall for the okeedoke. This post is just trying to get us to keep from talking up Justine's joining RUWBB into existence. Sounds like a fan of some other P5 who wants nothing more than for Justine to come to them.

Justine's stats don't really tell the story regarding the level of competition she belongs. She has the tools to be a helluva player for a P5 program. Like 99% of freshman, she also needs to develop and adapt. I'm not so sure she got enough playing time to get acclimated to the college game. Tenn had a lot of players at her position that have been there a few years. They got the time.

Also, as I once heard her former teammate at Tenn, Jordan Horston say , Justine was so hesitant to shoot when she would get in. Jordy said to her, something to the effect of, What are you doing? Shoot the ball!!

Watching her in the McDs AA game, she just seems like the ultimate team player that is not looking to pad her own stats but moreso to help her team in the best way possible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT