ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Four-star DE Jahzion Harris transfer to Rutgers, expected to be eligible immediately

So he gets to go from “burried deep in A&Ms depth chart to near the top of RUs”.

smart young man…

But but.....transfer portal and mercenaries and connection to the school.....blah blah blah

Great job HC Schiano!!
Bring in all the talent we can from wherever.
He left all that NIL money at A&M?

I've said this plenty of times. Playing time and starting time etc...is limited. There's a balance there between that and money for each individual. Plus some may take the money for a couple years and then leave later as well.

Potential contributing talent will be squeezed out from here or there and you have to go and find it and develop it. IMO, you can still get solid players in the age of NIL, portal even if you don't have tons of resources.

oh boy GIF

This a young talented player who will make the D line much stronger. Agreed we need Singleton to get the waiver but that is still in limbo and though deserving the system is skewed towards certain teams. I see we will have 6 former Erasmus HS players. Excellent job by Schiano and staff recruiting these players past and present. Some outstanding athletes have walked the halls at Erasmus.

Did you make up that quote? Didn't the kid see some action as a true freshman DE last year? That's pretty impressive to me.

I dont even know the intent of the comment. "burried deep in A&Ms depth chart to near the top of RU"

seems like a statement of fact and basically the reason most (all?) kids would transfer from a TA&M to RU.

not sure he's actually being a jerk in this instance. my reaction to the comment was "yeah, well, of course"

Great addition and great that he can get started in camp right away. Would feel pretty good about the D now if it wasn't for those sh$tty injuries at LB. As others have said, Singleton would be huge, but I'm concerned that decision will take awhile.

I dont even know the intent of the comment. "burried deep in A&Ms depth chart to near the top of RU"

seems like a statement of fact and basically the reason most (all?) kids would transfer from a TA&M to RU.

not sure he's actually being a jerk in this instance. my reaction to the comment was "yeah, well, of course"
Everything I've read seemed to indicate that he was in the running to be part of the DL rotation this season. Certainly possible he just wants to be closer to home.

Everything I've read seemed to indicate that he was in the running to be part of the DL rotation this season. Certainly possible he just wants to be closer to home.
Listen we’ve seen it before, and will see it again, not every kid from New Jersey or Staten Island or Brooklyn can go to a place like College Station. Just a different lifestyle.

The starter at his position is a Soph. He was a 6.1, 5* coming out of HS. A&M has a total of 3 young 5* DE's and at least 4, 4*. Even if he were buried in the depth chart, it's not like he was battling scrubs.

I have this question about the guys waiting for waivers. Are they allowed to practice, either fully or limited to weight room stuff. It seems to me the longer the waiver process takes the more risk to injury occurs since they would have considerable catching up to do.

Listen we’ve seen it before, and will see it again, not every kid from New Jersey or Staten Island or Brooklyn can go to a place like College Station. Just a different lifestyle.
There’s a lot of places I could live happily in the US for a few years, especially if I knew it wasn’t permanent.

That being said, there is a huge culture shock and adjustment for any kid going from the northeast to the south or visa versa. Some people love the change, some don’t.

That being said, if I were Schiano this would be my number 1 transfer recruiting tool once the kid announces they are going for the $. Get your money for a year and then come play for us.

Recruiting the portal gives you more developed players ready to play now. Schiano has done well in that area. It seems to be more of a priority over HS recruiting. HS recruiting is more for developing players 2 or 3 years out. Portal is about now and about turning things around quickly.
Portal should definitely be a priority, especially while the 1 time limit is still in place. Then you have them and keep them unless grad transfer. I mean USC just took 20 transfers. Dykes too like 18 the other year at SMU and had a really good season.

The world isn't ending, you have to adapt and adjust and figure out new ways to go about things.

I have this question about the guys waiting for waivers. Are they allowed to practice, either fully or limited to weight room stuff. It seems to me the longer the waiver process takes the more risk to injury occurs since they would have considerable catching up to do.
They are able to practice and do everything except play in games until they receive the waiver.

Portal should definitely be a priority, especially while the 1 time limit is still in place. Then you have them and keep them unless grad transfer. I mean USC just took 20 transfers. Dykes too like 18 the other year at SMU and had a really good season.

The world isn't ending, you have to adapt and adjust and figure out new ways to go about things.
The sooner some people realize this, the better. Or they can root for a Patriot League team, Princeton, Rowan, or TCNJ.

Reactions: Knight Shift
The sooner some people realize this, the better. Or they can root for a Patriot League team, Princeton, Rowan, or TCNJ.
I think most who have angst will adapt too in time. BCS, CFP, bowl games not meaning as much etc..all caused their own bit of angst and eventually most get used to it and move on.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT