ADVERTISEMENT

Podcast Four-Star LB DJ McClary flips to Rutgers Football!

5 woos, one for each of 4 stars and one as a F Woo to Penn State! 😂
Excited Ric Flair GIF
Excited Ric Flair GIF
Excited Ric Flair GIF
Excited Ric Flair GIF
Excited Ric Flair GIF

5 woos, one for each of 4 stars and one as a F Woo to Penn State! 😂
Excited Ric Flair GIF
Excited Ric Flair GIF
Excited Ric Flair GIF
Excited Ric Flair GIF
Excited Ric Flair GIF
I don't think Tom Allen is getting too butt hurt on this. McClarys recruitment has had a different tone since Allen took over from Diaz. PSU will probably add Arrington in his place shortly.

The kid is a player and hopefully will do well at RU but it may take a few years. I wouldn't expect instant impact.

I don't think Tom Allen is getting too butt hurt on this. McClarys recruitment has had a different tone since Allen took over from Diaz. PSU will probably add Arrington in his place shortly.

The kid is a player and hopefully will do well at RU but it may take a few years. I wouldn't expect instant impact.
Ok … keep believing that BS.

Are you saying he was not a take at PSU?

Ok … keep believing that BS.
No shade, but that's the situation. You should follow more recruiting than just this board.

PSU still takes him especially considering there are not really roster or class size limits anymore, but he is in a much better situation at RU and a better system for him. His testing is not great, he's got some development ahead of him as and this is a good spot to do that.

When he gets downgraded in the next couple rounds of updates, you'll be on here crying about bias, without a clue about what's going on. He'll still be the same player, which is one that has a chance to be good in a few years.

He's with the right coach for his development which is not what you were expecting when you were sunshine pumping the Ash-Flood regime years ago. Greg is doing a good job as expected landing tough 3 star type guys who can develop into players and be part of a fine defense. That's the best way to make RU competitive with the 10-12 teams in the B1G they can compete with.

Reactions: RutgersStadium
No shade, but that's the situation. You should follow more recruiting than just this board.

PSU still takes him especially considering there are not really roster or class size limits anymore, but he is in a much better situation at RU and a better system for him. His testing is not great, he's got some development ahead of him as and this is a good spot to do that.

When he gets downgraded in the next couple rounds of updates, you'll be on here crying about bias, without a clue about what's going on. He'll still be the same player, which is one that has a chance to be good in a few years.

He's with the right coach for his development which is not what you were expecting when you were sunshine pumping the Ash-Flood regime years ago. Greg is doing a good job as expected landing tough 3 star type guys who can develop into players and be part of a fine defense. That's the best way to make RU competitive with the 10-12 teams in the B1G they can compete with.
No shade? Tell Franklin keep sending those rejects to Rutgers. A clown post… keep the negative postings it will come back to bite u in the ass.

No shade? Tell Franklin keep sending those rejects to Rutgers. A clown post… keep the negative postings it will come back to bite u in the ass

But not because of McClary.
Of course. McClary is in HS.

People should get their season tickets because this team is going to win and it will be a lot of fun. I thought I said that in my post.

@Richie O The PSU board seems to think they have an NIL issue? True or not. Or is that now the standard excuse when some one flips, or is that now the main reason for flips?

"Downgraded" he's a 4 star player on all the major sites. 247, rivals, ESPN and on3.. "doesn't test well" he plays QB for his highschool and had over 1000 yards rushing. Maybe you can link the test results but from what I've seen id take my chances with him. Penn state will most likely end up with a better class than Rutgers but don't try and downgrade this kids ability because he's no longer committed. Although I do believe the new d coordinator may not have liked him as much as diaz I doubt that the lbs currently committed to psu are that much better than mcclary at any aspect of playing olb

So Manny Diaz was wrong in his evaluations of McClary while Ex Indiana HC Tom Allen doesn’t really care? I just want other Jersey football players to understand.

No. I'm saying that he wasn't valued as much by Allen as he was by Diaz and this has been known for a long time.
They would have still taken him. But he was not looked at as a 4 star type of guy once Allen came on board.
Your responses are measured and interesting. While I love RU and detest PSU, I get that you play in a 100,000+ seat stadum and are at a different level. Your comments help explain why a four star would leave PSU to pick RU. It's usually the opposite so I'm grateful for your change in coaching personnel.

Reactions: rufeelinit
No. I'm saying that he wasn't valued as much by Allen as he was by Diaz and this has been known for a long time.
They would have still taken him. But he was not looked at as a 4 star type of guy once Allen came on board.
Meaning, we'll take you, but.. you can forget about the NIL that the former guy promised?

"Downgraded" he's a 4 star player on all the major sites. 247, rivals, ESPN and on3.. "doesn't test well" he plays QB for his highschool and had over 1000 yards rushing. Maybe you can link the test results but from what I've seen id take my chances with him. Penn state will most likely end up with a better class than Rutgers but don't try and downgrade this kids ability because he's no longer committed. Although I do believe the new d coordinator may not have liked him as much as diaz I doubt that the lbs currently committed to psu are that much better than mcclary at any aspect of playing olb
Yea, agreed that take is pretty delusional. the highest rated LB they have committed is no longer a take by Allen. Not a huge fan of Diaz as a coach but he blows away Allen as an evaluator of talent.

Reactions: TRU2RU

Oh please STFU

Reactions: TRU2RU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT