ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Four-Star RB John Forster commits to Rutgers Football

giphy.gif

Can’t wait to watch Forster run!

Welcome to the banks young man!

More of a tackle-breaker with good speed than a speedster. I would compare to a high 3star (not meant as a slight at all) HS senior who gets a year of serious weight training as a frosh and improves…so he’s a year ahead of most in terms of strength training for RB.
I don’t believe he’s only 185 pounds…but if he is and can get up to 210 like Kyle M. he’ll be a real problem between the tackles.
He’s a taller KM (with a longer stride than KM and maybe slightly more top end speed) in the making.
Can’t find a 40 time so the time must not pop for a RB.

Last edited:
Reactions: MADHAT1
Don’t worry he’s fast enough… a whole season to improve. Glad to have John Forster on the banks.
Plenty fast yes. But…Impossible for small guys to tackle is his thang right now.
I do see one site listing him at 190 lbs…and that might be outdated.

Plenty fast yes. But…Impossible for small guys to tackle is his thang right now.
I do see one site listing him at 190 lbs…and that might be outdated.
Then you would be wrong… he will be 215 by his soph season. How B1G was Kyle , Gurrrier and others. Ray Rice was 5’7” and lucky to be 185 as a frosh . When you understand how this works then come back. In fact… I ‘ll wager that following Rutgers training ( pre entry ) he’ll be close to a deuce.

What is John Forster ‘s greatest skill that I saw in his videos? He can catch the ball out of the backfield or by lining up in the slot. BTW:..He does look every bit of 190 lbs. or am I just imagining that?😜

What is John Forster ‘s greatest skill that I saw in his videos? He can catch the ball out of the backfield or by lining up in the slot. BTW:..He does look every bit of 190 lbs. or am I just imagining that?😜
My point was he plays bigger than even 190. I’m 191 pounds and 5-10 and don’t look like he does without pads on.”🤣
I agree that he’ll put on more weight and he might be close to 200+ already.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Well then I misread your post. This kid may not be Saquan Barkley or Estime in size but he does add some interesting skills to his game and the future at Rutgers.

Huge
Massive
And sends a message

Now close out this weekend and the next with a couple more and finish the season with a minimum of eight wins, and watch this program ascend to the levels that we’ve all known we can reach

Well then I misread your post. This kid may not be Saquan Barkley or Estime in size but he does add some interesting skills to his game and the future at Rutgers.
Barkley’s problem is that he always thinks he’s gonna be doing Barry Sanders type stuff at 232 pounds.🤣

Congrats to John and the staff. At what point do we think about leaving some space to hit the portal for 2025?

Then you would be wrong… he will be 215 by his soph season. How B1G was Kyle , Gurrrier and others. Ray Rice was 5’7” and lucky to be 185 as a frosh . When you understand how this works then come back. In fact… I ‘ll wager that following Rutgers training ( pre entry ) he’ll be close to a deuce.
I sat at the Football Banquet table with Ray and Courtney Greene during their freshman year, and I thought I could kick Rays butt. By his sophomore year, his arms were thicker than my legs, and I didn’t want any part of him.

I sat at the Football Banquet table with Ray and Courtney Greene during their freshman year, and I thought I could kick Rays butt. By his sophomore year, his arms were thicker than my legs, and I didn’t want any part of him.
Sure you did, Al…. but he already had a girlfriend so you moved on in your quest for love. Many names and faces over the years from Big Mike Fladell to Glorious Gavin Wimsatt.

Barkley ‘s made some moves in his football career that most can’t at 230+ lbs
Yes. He’s a sprained ankle/knee just waiting to happen.🤣
His legs are “old” for a RB his age.
Derrick Henry knows how to matriculate the ball down the field properly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT