ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting 2025 New Jersey OL Jaelyne Matthews commits to Rutgers Football

Excited Ric Flair GIF

Not seeing fence the garden in either of the links in OP?
It was in the Alec’s initial article, but he’s since edited it. A good man, I tell ya.

John Forster …time to see what is being built . Took coach a short time but it is churning full speed ahead. Need you on the banks.GO RUTGERS !!!!!!!!!!

Kudos to Greg and the staff
I've gotten on him in the past, but he's doing a bang up job with this class

Caveat is two fold now:
1. Win games
2. Hold onto kids

If we take care of 1, I see 2 happening, sans a massive NIL deal (s)

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
Oh man. He gave a gigantic FU with both fingers to Tennessee. Schiano must be soooo happy with this kid right now.
Here you go from Tennessee....

"Tennessee Vols lose key recruit to Greg Schiano and Rutgers"

Link... Jaelyne Matthews to Rutgers...

and from Syracuse.com...

"New Jersey four-star OL who Syracuse football pursued chooses Rutgers in surprise decision"

Link... Sorry Fran....

Last edited:
Reactions: LeapinLou
Here you go from Tennessee....

"Tennessee Vols lose key recruit to Greg Schiano and Rutgers"

Link... Jaelyne Matthews to Rutgers...

and from Syracuse.com...

"New Jersey four-star OL who Syracuse football pursued chooses Rutgers in surprise decision"

Link... Sorry Fran....
LOL this comment from the Tennessee page..

While missing on Matthews is a tough loss for the Vols, there's a silver lining here -- UT built a solid relationship with Matthews which could pay off if the talented offensive lineman ever enters the NCAA transfer portal.

• Haha
Reactions: WestOrangeCL

Via Rivals National Analyst Ryan O’Bleness
Schiano is killing it….there might be better coaches out there, but not many who are a better fit for RU.

LOL this comment from the Tennessee page..

While missing on Matthews is a tough loss for the Vols, there's a silver lining here -- UT built a solid relationship with Matthews which could pay off if the talented offensive lineman ever enters the NCAA transfer portal.

Modern Times. Sigh.

Kudos to Greg and the staff
I've gotten on him in the past, but he's doing a bang up job with this class

Caveat is two fold now:
1. Win games
2. Hold onto kids

If we take care of 1, I see 2 happening, sans a massive NIL deal (s)
Yeah you were definitely one of the posters all over him and his supporters from day one . We knew you would come around when you stopped bitching and actually started paying attention to what was actually being built here. Welcome to the banks !

Yeah you were definitely one of the posters all over him and his supporters from day one . We knew you would come around when you stopped bitching and actually started paying attention to what was actually being built here. Welcome to the banks !
I've said multiple times I'd be happy to admit (and being a fan, openly wished for) me being wrong in regard to Greg 2.0

His game day coaching and GS 1.0 tendencies still drive me nuts, but I'm hoping the momentum from this class, coupled with the upgrade in talent and learning from last year, as well as improved coordinators leans towards him loosening the reigns and us taking that elusive next step

Can Schiano still recruit? Fran LOL, Jeff Hafley LOL
Yeah he can recruit but those guys can too.

His staff are all in lock step with him. If you close your eyes when Harasymiak talks you would think it is Schiano. Same voice, same philosophies. Of course they grew up a couple of miles from each other so that's not a big surprise.

This quote is phenomenal... I'm not a big follower of the recruiting stuff but man, I can't want to see him play!

"I'm very aggressive — I play what I would say is 'secretly dirty,'" Matthews said about his game. "When I'm blocking you, I'm gonna put you down to the ground, but I'm gonna keep you there and watch you struggle to get up. I'm going to keep hitting you ... and try to break your chest pad with my quick hands and heavy hands. I just want you to be on your back and basically have your mom and your girlfriend kind of cry for you a little bit while you're playing the game. I'm kind of a killer on the football field."

Yeah he can recruit but those guys can too.

His staff are all in lock step with him. If you close your eyes when Harasymiak talks you would think it is Schiano. Same voice, same philosophies. Of course they grew up a couple of miles from each other so that's not a big surprise.
Fran is doing a good job probably with the NIL but still behind Schiano especially in New Jersey. Never had any doubt Schiano a better recruiter but they might have more NIL money. Yea, Fran is doing the same thing he learned from Schiano.

You’re still the AHole who will fly to Los Angeles and spend a couple thousand to see Rutgers but give nothing to NIL. Have you always been that conflicted with yourself? Sounds like a guy who talks to your wife on the internet but ignores her at home.

And you're the asshole who makes a totally inappropriate personal attack on someone and their family. Funding NIL is a personal decision. Disagree but leave their family OUT of it

I try not to get too high or low with early commitments given the current environment. But overall, you want to see this type of positive momentum as opposed to indifference or no buzz. The reality is that the entire class may not stick, but you have to think that given GS' approach and how it's being received that many will follow through.

Matthews is a huge commitment for us. Let's keep this on track in case he, his friends, family, teammates or others waiting to commit read these boards.
I see he is one of two top 100's, is he our highest ranked?

Matthews is a huge commitment for us. Let's keep this on track in case he, his friends, family, teammates or others waiting to commit read these boards.
Kinda too late for this…

How about from this point forward?

I see he is one of two top 100's, is he our highest ranked?
Yes, 93 according to ESPN, and Hayer is 98.

Rutgers, Penn State, USC and Oregon are the only teams with 2 or more ESPN 100 recruits. That's pretty awesome. USC and Ohio State are on another level, as expected.

Reactions: RU-05
Speaking of which, in addition to the individual news threads, should/could we start up a thread that focuses specifically on recruiting? Maybe have all the commits listed. Where we rank etc.
What type of thread are you trying to make? We have the commitment list right here is this is what you're looking for.

Reactions: Knight Shift
If Michael Thomas is considered the Top or # 1 WR in New Jersey it would seem Rivals is under stating his rank at this time. I believe we have at least 5 commits who could become 4 ****. Amazing the difference in rating services in Football.

Reactions: tico brown
If Michael Thomas is considered the Top or # 1 WR in New Jersey it would seem Rivals is under stating his rank at this time. I believe we have at least 5 commits who could become 4 ****. Amazing the difference in rating services in Football.

He is #108 in the ESPN 300 and is a 4*

Reactions: Knight Shift
Quincy Porter a wr from Bergen Catholic is listed on this site as the #1 prospect in New Jersey in the 2025 class.
Did we offer ?

On the other site, they have 5 4* recruits for Rutgers. When they update the rankings this site will have 3-5 4 stars recruits for Rutgers.

I try not to get too high or low with early commitments given the current environment. But overall, you want to see this type of positive momentum as opposed to indifference or no buzz. The reality is that the entire class may not stick, but you have to think that given GS' approach and how it's being received that many will follow through.

Agree. I’m sure we will lose a few - no program is immune

But my impression is that Rutgers does a better job of retaining recruits and players than most programs

Further - as you stated - there is certainly positive momentum. So if we lose a few , I have no reason to think they won’t be replaced with quality recruits

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT