ADVERTISEMENT

Fulop attacks Rutgers Football to make point on Rutgers Strike.

tico brown

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2005
Check out Mayor Steve Fulop trying to get some brownie points for his run for NJ Governor by ripping Rutgers Football, which currently has players from Hudson County (including one from Fulop’s own Jersey City).

They don't call him Mayor Flop for nothing. I dislike Murphy but I hope Murf skulldrags him.

And I just realized Murphy is term limited...whoops! Still not a Flop Fan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ash_Hole
Local boy couldn't get into RU, hence his animosity. "Fulop was born in Edison, New Jersey, to Jewish parents, Carmen and Arthur Fulop.[10] His parents were both born in Romania. His father grew up in Israel and was a sniper in the Golani Brigade during the Six-Day War.[11] He owned a delicatessen in Newark, New Jersey, where Fulop often worked, and his mother Carmen, the daughter of Holocaust survivors, worked in an immigration services office helping others gain citizenship. Through the sixth grade, Fulop attended Rabbi Pesach Raymon Yeshiva, an Orthodox Jewish elementary school in Highland Park, New Jersey, though he himself was not observant. For his last two years of elementary school and his first two years of high school, Fulop attended Solomon Schechter Day School of Essex and Union (now Golda Och Academy) in West Orange, New Jersey.[12][13][14]

Fulop graduated from J. P. Stevens High School. He went to Harpur College at Binghamton University where he graduated in 1999."

Reactions: phs73rc77gsm83
He is getting absolutely destroyed in the comments.

It’s great to see the support for Rutgers athletics.

He’s barking up the wrong tree with this tired and lazy comparison. This isn’t your fathers Rutgers and he better realize that if wants to be the next governor.

People can rip Murphy all they want for politics but we all need to appreciate how friendly and supportive he’s been to Rutgers, especially Rutgers atheltics.

He is getting absolutely destroyed in the comments.

It’s great to see the support for Rutgers athletics.

He’s barking up the wrong tree with this tired and lazy comparison. This isn’t your fathers Rutgers and he better realize that if wants to be the next governor.

People can rip Murphy all they want for politics but we all need to appreciate how friendly and supportive he’s been to Rutgers, especially Rutgers atheltics.
Crazy thing is that New Jerseyan has never bought into the Rutgers football program as schools like State Penn and Tennessee. Don’t know why but I don’t think they ever will. I move to Central PA years ago and hated StAte Penn. But I have to admit their fans stick with them through thick and thin

I might have to make a campaign donation...to whoever is running against this jerk.

What a douche. He has a point but lost it with the unnecessary comment. It was pretty dumb to turn off potential voters with the below average comment. He should have just said if the schools willing to invest in football then they should be willing to invest into the faculty.

Last edited:
Check out Mayor Steve Fulop trying to get some brownie points for his run for NJ Governor by ripping Rutgers Football, which currently has players from Hudson County (including one from Fulop’s own Jersey City).

Once again, someone getting it all wrong and ignoring the facts. Rutgers spends million on football from the million it generates from football. Football at Rutgers turns a profit and then partially funds other non-revenue sports. The spending on football has nothing to do with what the faculty gets paid.

About all the criticism going Fulop's way... RIGHT ON!

What an ass! If he thought such a comment was a good idea, you have to question his judgment.

Game over. Jerusalem Pizza in Highland Park needs to ban him. (if you need a Kosher pizza.. that is the place)

BTW.. if the RU Profs bring in $100M in research grants but spends $100M in doing the research.. is that any different than the football team doing the same thing? Sometimes the research produces something of lasting value, I suppose, sometimes not. Same for football... produces name recognition.. enjoyment for fans and alums... training in all manner of athletics and academics for at least 100 students... degrees for most.

Last edited:
What a clown! Even if his statement was true (which it isn't), he is stupid for saying something that would tick off so many potential voters. I don't think this bozo has ever stepped foot in Rutgers stadium, or even on the Rutgers campus.

Local boy couldn't get into RU, hence his animosity. "Fulop was born in Edison, New Jersey, to Jewish parents, Carmen and Arthur Fulop.[10] His parents were both born in Romania. His father grew up in Israel and was a sniper in the Golani Brigade during the Six-Day War.[11] He owned a delicatessen in Newark, New Jersey, where Fulop often worked, and his mother Carmen, the daughter of Holocaust survivors, worked in an immigration services office helping others gain citizenship. Through the sixth grade, Fulop attended Rabbi Pesach Raymon Yeshiva, an Orthodox Jewish elementary school in Highland Park, New Jersey, though he himself was not observant. For his last two years of elementary school and his first two years of high school, Fulop attended Solomon Schechter Day School of Essex and Union (now Golda Och Academy) in West Orange, New Jersey.[12][13][14]

Fulop graduated from J. P. Stevens High School. He went to Harpur College at Binghamton University where he graduated in 1999."
Going to SUNY-Binghamton is not proof he couldn't get into Rutgers. Binghamton's SAT range is actually higher. Yes, Fulop is wrong, but let's keep ourselves in the realm of fact.

Reactions: DowntownT_Brown
Here’s what a grandstanding, obnoxious, RU-hating twerp looks like:

zjccoun01jpg-99da7c6f330a3e25.jpg

Reactions: IL Lusciato
Once again, someone getting it all wrong and ignoring the facts. Rutgers spends million on football from the million it generates from football. Football at Rutgers turns a profit and then partially funds other non-revenue sports. The spending on football has nothing to do with what the faculty gets paid.
Don't let facts get in the way of a twitter rant. He is pandering to the uninformed which seems to work well in this country when it comes to voting

What an ass! If he thought such a comment was a good idea, you have to question his judgment.

Game over. Jerusalem Pizza in Highland Park needs to ban him. (if you need a Kosher pizza.. that is the place)

BTW.. if the RU Profs bring in $100M in research grants but spends $100M in doing the research.. is that any different than the football team doing the same thing? Sometimes the research produces something of lasting value, I suppose, sometimes not. Same for football... produces name recognition.. enjoyment for fans and alums... training in all manner of athletics and academics for at least 100 students... degrees for most.

And a lot of that money now coming in is due to us being in the BIG, which wouldn't have happened if we didn't support football

Reactions: NealPageNJ
. I move to Central PA years ago and hated StAte Penn. But I have to admit their fans stick with them through thick and thin

That’s what cults do. Continuing to support a football program that actively ENABLED a child ass raper for years is not something to admire.

But yes, it’s a shame that RU does not get the support of its general population the way that other State U s do

Last edited:
That’s what cults do. Continuing to support a football program that actively ENABLED a child ass raper for years is not something to admire.

But yes, it’s a shame that RU does not get the support of its general population the way that other State U s do
That is what winning year after year and the occasional national championship will do for you. It is a cult due to the winning. Schiano already garners that same level of devotion from a minority of our fans for doing very little, imagine the following he would have if he won at that level.

Its easy to see why he made the comment. Think of who the biggest donors are to dems campaigns. Teachers unions. Hes getting on his knees for them

Fulop is a marine corp Iraq veteran and multi millionaire. To reject him as being a "twerp" or inconsequential is a weird, uninformed take. And ironic considering we're saying he's "uninformed" on the sleeping giant that is Rutgers football

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Fulop is a marine corp Iraq veteran and multi millionaire. To reject him as being a "twerp" or inconsequential is a weird, uninformed take. And ironic considering we're saying he's "uninformed" on the sleeping giant that is Rutgers football
You can be those things and still be a political grandstander like DeBlasio.

Reactions: IL Lusciato
You can be those things and still be a political grandstander like DeBlasio.
OK but he's not a twerp, clown, etc. Zero chance people would say that to his face.

...Actually, maybe @kyk1827 would say that to his face. But zero chance anyone else would

Reactions: RutgersSam
OK but he's not a twerp, clown, etc. Zero chance people would say that to his face.

...Actually, maybe @kyk1827 would say that to his face. But zero chance anyone else would
True and true on Kyk since he is on record as interrupting the National Anthem at the RAC already.

Guy is a jackass. Pisses off RU alums and students yesterday then announces his Governor run by pissing off families of 9/11 victims today. I can't wait to see this guy go down like the Hindenburg in the primaries.
What happened there?

True and true on Kyk since he is on record as interrupting the National Anthem at the RAC already.
interrupting? LOL

I'm of the belief that it's the norm to cheer for your teams during the quiet parts of the anthem. Rutgers fans apparently don't get out to other sporting events much. I grew up going to zero basketball games and all hockey games in the winter time. And it's the norm in hockey to yell during the quiet parts. "Lets go Rangers" or "**** (insert opposing teams name/potvin/crosby)".

Get to a hockey game, much better atmosphere than bball

Agree. It was a dumb comment but the guy served his country and he's been a pretty good mayor.

Fulop is out in JC/Hoboken all the time. I've run into him at the supermarket. He attends absolutely everything. If he wanted, he totally could. But I doubt he will.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT