ADVERTISEMENT

Future is Bright

Anthony talks about building his Mobbin brand and the young kids on his team. They are looking to wrestle other teams like his. Just think as these kids grow into stars like Poz and Soldano, Ashnault as the coach at RU has such a recruiting edge over anyone!

Anthony talks about building his Mobbin brand and the young kids on his team. They are looking to wrestle other teams like his. Just think as these kids grow into stars like Poz and Soldano, Ashnault as the coach at RU has such a recruiting edge over anyone!
Super excited about Ashnault's impact on our present & future stars.

Wall Street is in the business of making money not supporting local schools. This never made sense why people think distance matters. If you are working on Wall Street looking to make money are you going to invest in a football player from Syracuse or Rutgers because they are close or are you going to invest in one from Ohio State or Alabama with huge following and media attention? Same goes for other sports like wrestling. It is 2021 distance doesn’t matter.

Wall Street is in the business of making money not supporting local schools. This never made sense why people think distance matters. If you are working on Wall Street looking to make money are you going to invest in a football player from Syracuse or Rutgers because they are close or are you going to invest in one from Ohio State or Alabama with huge following and media attention? Same goes for other sports like wrestling. It is 2021 distance doesn’t matter.
They didn't light up the Empire State building when psu won the B1G in 2016. All Rutgers did was play a regular season game against the #4 team to accomplish that. Win at Rutgers and the visibility with being in the heart of the media capital of the world is immense, win at psu in the middle of nowhere and no one cares but their fans. This goes on at the player level as well, now you have to do the winning part or this is all moot.

But make no mistake a good player at Rutgers will be talked about on the NY/NJ major nightly news outlets. They draw millions more than any news station a psu has. There's a reason BTN was running Duluth trading company and International Harvester commercials before Rutgers and Maryland's arrival. Now AT&T and Visa are vying for those spots and it wasn't cause OSU and Michigan suddenly became good.

They didn't light up the Empire State building when psu won the B1G in 2016. All Rutgers did was play a regular season game against the #4 team to accomplish that. Win at Rutgers and the visibility with being in the heart of the media capital of the world is immense, win at psu in the middle of nowhere and no one cares but their fans. This goes on at the player level as well, now you have to do the winning part or this is all moot.

But make no mistake a good player at Rutgers will be talked about on the NY/NJ major nightly news outlets. They draw millions more than any news station a psu has. There's a reason BTN was running Duluth trading company and International Harvester commercials before Rutgers and Maryland's arrival. Now AT&T and Visa are vying for those spots and it wasn't cause OSU and Michigan suddenly became good.
So you think because a Rutgers players is on the 6 pm news people are going to run out and buy products because of them? If it was that simple Rutgers would be selling out at a 100k stadium and the athletic department would be flush with cash. Reality is they won’t. Penn State may be in the middle of no where but they are prominently featured in both the Philly and Pittsburgh media markets. If simply being located in major markets was all that was needed the big East would still exist and the ACC would be the richest conference in the country.

So you think because a Rutgers players is on the 6 pm news people are going to run out and buy products because of them? If it was that simple Rutgers would be selling out at a 100k stadium and the athletic department would be flush with cash. Reality is they won’t. Penn State may be in the middle of no where but they are prominently featured in both the Philly and Pittsburgh media markets. If simply being located in major markets was all that was needed the big East would still exist and the ACC would be the richest conference in the country.
Not at all what I said. I said their visibility will be higher and you missed the part where I said. "now you have to do the winning part or all this is moot". It is that simple if you win. So your, "Reality is they won't" is simply you projecting your view that Rutgers will never win. Taking a failed basketball centric conference as a talking point is a flawed example. The ACC is lack of leadership look at the schools they picked during expansion. No eye for TV markets and once again a conference rooted in basketball.

Also I’ve noticed your M.O. on here is to pose as a rationale poster so you don’t get banned. But really anytime a Rutgers fan’s spirits are lifted or get excited about a possibility you’re there to try and dash their hopes. You’ve never posted anything painting Rutgers in a favorable light. Does that bring you a perverse sense of satisfaction? It’s creepy that you choose to post on a school’s fan site that you’re not even a fan of. I bet you’re one of those New Jersyians who drives around with a psu sticker while putting down your own state.

Last edited:
If the FCC had been doing their job the last 70 years, NINE million people wouldn’t have to go without any TV stations and be stuck having to watch stations from out of state.

Your comparing Phil & Pitt media mkt to Ny/Nj?? You are a nut. They’re our minor leagues

Not at all what I said. I said their visibility will be higher and you missed the part where I said. "now you have to do the winning part or all this is moot". It is that simple if you win. So your, "Reality is they won't" is simply you projecting your view that Rutgers will never win. Taking a failed basketball centric conference as a talking point is a flawed example. The ACC is lack of leadership look at the schools they picked during expansion. No eye for TV markets and once again a conference rooted in basketball.
you are missing my point in if you are wall stret are you going to invest in a proven winner or gamble on something that has never proven a winner just because it is close? My whole point is if you are on Wall Street and you got $1 million to invest are you going with a proven winner or a school because it close as the original Twitter quote suggests? I say they are going to care about the closeness and going with a proven winner

Your comparing Phil & Pitt media mkt to Ny/Nj?? You are a nut. They’re our minor leagues
I never said they were the same size. While they may be half of the New York tv market they still combine to be a big market. In the end is it better to get say 30% of a 3 million market or 5% of a 6 million person market.

you are missing my point in if you are wall stret are you going to invest in a proven winner or gamble on something that has never proven a winner just because it is close? My whole point is if you are on Wall Street and you got $1 million to invest are you going with a proven winner or a school because it close as the original Twitter quote suggests? I say they are going to care about the closeness and going with a proven winner
I hate to break it to you but wrestling isn’t a mainstream sport. More people in the metro area know who Anthony Ashnault is than Bo Nickal. If you’re on Wall Street and you’re investing, you’re going to invest in the guy that your clientele are going to be able to recognize and access.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT