ADVERTISEMENT

Game 3: Rutgers Football vs. Virginia Tech

Very important game indeed! We need to win this - which is why I’m deff getting Dom’s two for twenty deal. Two pepperoni pizzas. Two orders of breadsticks. Best pizza around at Dominos. Unless someone else has other thoughts on food?

Anybody know if RU going to do anything to honor Frank Beamer? Will he be on the field or maybe shown on the jumbo?

This is, as other's have said, a litmus test of who we are going to be this season. This is a "must win."

This is, as other's have said, a litmus test of who we are going to be this season. This is a "must win."
I don't agree this (or really any) is a must win. The eventual national champion Buckeyes lost at home to a mediocre 7-6 Vtech team in 2015 by two touchdowns with NFL players at nearly every position and a HOF coach. Coach Schiano and the team will be judged on the entire year, we will probably lose 1 or 2 we shouldn't and maybe steal 1 or 2 the other way. I think we win Saturday but it's definitely not a lock.

I don't agree this (or really any) is a must win. The eventual national champion Buckeyes lost at home to a mediocre 7-6 Vtech team in 2015 by two touchdowns with NFL players at nearly every position and a HOF coach. Coach Schiano and the team will be judged on the entire year, we will probably lose 1 or 2 we shouldn't and maybe steal 1 or 2 the other way. I think we win Saturday but it's definitely not a lock.
As much as it pains me to say, we are not an eventual national champion in 2023/2024 like the Buckeyes. We do not have the depth, skill, or likely mental fortitude to go into the heart of the B10 schedule and win many games if we lose this one. So, to me, this and Wagner are "must wins." At 4-1 (assuming a loss to Michigan), we have a fighting chance at bowl eligibility. At 3-2, we do not.

378845892_694012536085783_5572057658010813694_n.jpg

Reactions: Rokodesh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT