ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers will introduce an added layer of safety to the entry procedure into SHI Stadium as security enhancements will be utilized at...

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Rutgers will introduce an added layer of safety to the entry procedure into SHI Stadium as security enhancements will be utilized at select gates prior to the Scarlet-White Game. Fans are advised to allow for possible extra time to enter the stadium. The system will be fully installed at all entry points for the 2024 football season. The bag policy remains in place.

• Sad
Reactions: R Flag
Read it and didn't see any general details about what they would be.
Don't expect a ton of insights as that would be counter productive but let me guess the number of folks getting sent back to cars for now having things no longer allowed.

Maybe they just figured it out and they'll make you take your hat off now..

I'm guessing you have to buy the pre approved bottles of water from Rutgers. They still will confiscate said water bottle if you twist the cap!!

Rutgers will introduce an added layer of safety to the entry procedure into SHI Stadium as security enhancements will be utilized at select gates prior to the Scarlet-White Game. Fans are advised to allow for possible extra time to enter the stadium. The system will be fully installed at all entry points for the 2024 football season. The bag policy remains in place.

They'll still be getting in in the 2nd qtr.

OK… what is the extra layer of security?

FWIW, while walking into Smackdown and Wrestlemania in Philly last weekend, we walked through a newer metal detector that you didn’t have to take the “wallets, phones, keys, change, and other metallic objects out of your pockets” like the usual detectors elsewhere. More than likely this is not it since they’re telling you to add extra time. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Drones are the new problem for open stadiums
NFL and others focused on it.
I've watched footage from cheap FPV drones in Ukraine and the strikes are spooky stealthy. Not so worried now but when ME blows-up that's a good time to stay home

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: newell138
They'll still be getting in in the 2nd qtr.
All entry points? Uh oh.

48d5ff04-fa35-45a3-acb2-785662e67fb4_text.gif

bd480592-beeb-40d7-9b32-935bc4bbf82e_text.gif

fa9a056a-56fd-490c-ad2b-d1fd62579a7e_text.gif

6bd49c0e-4127-4142-9d9d-0f74f3448735_text.gif

so there will be "an added layer of security at all entry points" but they are not telling us what that extra layer of security is. Brilliant! Let's not prepare the fans so it can be extra hard to get into the stadium

My top 3 guesses for the extra security:

metal detectors
Body cavity searches
TSA wands

so there will be "an added layer of security at all entry points" but they are not telling us what that extra layer of security is. Brilliant! Let's not prepare the fans so it can be extra hard to get into the stadium

metal detectors
Body cavity searches
TSA wands
Damn! Beat me to it. Body cavity search. BYOL (bring your own lube).

metal detectors
Body cavity searches
TSA wands
I don’t think there will be body cavity searches (I know you’re being funny) but I could see a bunch of people with wands yelling at you to empty your pockets like the airport. It is what it is. It’s a soft target right now.

OK… what is the extra layer of security?

FWIW, while walking into Smackdown and Wrestlemania in Philly last weekend, we walked through a newer metal detector that you didn’t have to take the “wallets, phones, keys, change, and other metallic objects out of your pockets” like the usual detectors elsewhere. More than likely this is not it since they’re telling you to add extra time. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Philly has been ahead of nj for a long time here. It’s insane how long it takes at MetLife, for example.

Rutgers was pretty good compared to MetLife.

Drones are the new problem for open stadiums
NFL and others focused on it.
I've watched footage from cheap FPV drones in Ukraine and the strikes are spooky stealthy. Not so worried now but when ME blows-up that's a good time to stay home
Oh FFS, give all the fear-mongering a rest already.

Terrorists' primary weapon is not violence; it's the creation of widespread fear. So when people fear-monger, like you are doing, they are aiding and abetting terrorists.

Philly has been ahead of nj for a long time here. It’s insane how long it takes at MetLife, for example.

Rutgers was pretty good compared to MetLife.
I have to agree about Rutgers. Generally things were pretty good even if you left a minimal cushion of time. You can’t decide to go in five minutes before and expect to fly right in. We’ll see what these changes bring, But if there is proper advance communication and people plan ahead, it should be fine.

Oh so you think Rutgers is over valuing safety of its fans on game day? Suggest you watch what is going on at that fine school in NYC Columbia. I congratulate the school for taking nothing for granted. If you don’t check around you then you are making a big mistake.

Oh so you think Rutgers is over valuing safety of its fans on game day? Suggest you watch what is going on at that fine school in NYC Columbia. I congratulate the school for taking nothing for granted. If you don’t check around you then you are making a big mistake.
Well, we don't really know what the security measures are. Let's hope that, whatever they are, the measures will work to increase people's safety and security during the game (as opposed to being time-wasting nonsense intended to increase game day profits).

But, assuming the measures are useful, I agree with you that people really ought not to complain about the security measures intended to keep them safe. Those same people would always be first in line to point fingers for NOT having good enough security measures in the event of some incident.

It would be good for RU to publicize what the security measures are. Because, after implementing them the first time, it will no longer be a secret anyway. So make people aware if doing so can help promote efficiency through planned compliance.

Reactions: ldwnmas
Well, we don't really know what the security measures are. Let's hope that, whatever they are, the measures will work to increase people's safety and security during the game (as opposed to being time-wasting nonsense intended to increase game day profits).

But, assuming the measures are useful, I agree with you that people really ought not to complain about the security measures intended to keep them safe. Those same people would always be first in line to point fingers for NOT having good enough security measures in the event of some incident.

It would be good for RU to publicize what the security measures are. Because, after implementing them the first time, it will no longer be a secret anyway. So make people aware if doing so can help promote efficiency through planned compliance.
There’s a fine line with communication though. Don’t want to advertise everything to give the bad guys more planning time. I think it’s sufficient to stress that people plan ahead and as you said, eventually people will know the drill.

There’s a fine line with communication though. Don’t want to advertise everything to give the bad guys more planning time. I think it’s sufficient to stress that people plan ahead and as you said, eventually people will know the drill.
Nope. Think about it - any information people will discover during that first event can't be very risky to publicize or else that would indicate substantial flaws in the security process.

Any details that stadium visitors won't know about when going through security can and will, of course, be kept as private as possible. Everything else better not matter much since everyone will know all about it after that first event.

Nope. Think about it - any information people will discover during that first event can't be very risky to publicize or else that would indicate substantial flaws in the security process.

Any details that stadium visitors won't know about when going through security can and will, of course, be kept as private as possible. Everything else better not matter much since everyone will know all about it after that first event.
time to read all the fine print on the back of the tickets people...

"SHI Stadium regulations prohibit outside food and beverages, bottles, cans, alcoholic beverages, coolers, umbrellas, noisemaking devices, balloons, laser pointers, pets (with the exception of service animals), balls, weapons, sticks/poles, containers, fireworks, and any other items deemed dangerous or inappropriate from being brought into the facility."

• Angry

Splitting hairs here. I think just advising people to leave extra time without getting into specifics are fine. Obviously no one is going to get into the deeper layers of security that the average person won’t see.

"SHI Stadium regulations prohibit outside food and beverages, bottles, cans, alcoholic beverages, coolers, umbrellas, noisemaking devices, balloons, laser pointers, pets (with the exception of service animals), balls, weapons, sticks/poles, containers, fireworks, and any other items deemed dangerous or inappropriate from being brought into the facility."

I turned my phone over & there is no writing.

No more tickets = no more fine print

Your point is a vastly more reasonable, and logically-consistent, way of expressing the potential issue for which added security checks might be applied.

Bac's problem is that, as usual, he's clouding the issue by employing broad stereotyping causing him to likely misrepresent the motives of some or possibly all the protestors at an RU sporting event. While it's absolutely true that some people who protest the situation in the ME are anti-Semitic and/or pro-Hamas, many others will simply be protesting the violence inherent to the conflict and perhaps what they perceive as collateral damage on boths sides, which is hardly an amoral or unethical thing to protect (even if it is arguably naive).
hmmmm.. while I'd like to suggest something about such crowds and the type of people who participate, I feel I must censor myself for political content. Let us just say, they wouldn't be there to watch a football game. Then again, that probably applies to a lot of tailgaters too!

I'm not going so I don't have tickets or care about the delay. I'm just clarifying the logic here, for the sake of discussion.

Just making sure that people understand why this need for safety beyond the norm is occurring. Protect the fans , teams and stop the lunacy.

Thanks a lot, Bin Laden.
My wife despises me every time I turn that movie on. I think it's hilarious.

My guess on the new super-secret security measure, metal detectors. Because everyone knows Rutgers Stadium is prone to gang knife fights. Just like we're #1 on ISIS's hit list.

Oh FFS, give all the fear-mongering a rest already.

Terrorists' primary weapon is not violence; it's the creation of widespread fear. So when people fear-monger, like you are doing, they are aiding and abetting terrorists.
You know who aids and abets terrorists in this country? OUR OWN ****ing gov. I can think of at least 538 of them…just for starters.

The back of my phone?

You know who aids and abets terrorists in this country? OUR OWN ****ing gov. I can think of at least 538 of them…just for starters.
It's certainly true that, for decades now, our government has taken actions, or in some cases, not taken action where it would've been very easy and cheap to do so, where our involvement can be easily argued to have contributed to the growth of international terrorism.

Problem is, it's easy to look back over those decades using hindsight to judge the DC politicians, all of whom have made mistakes. It's a whole lot harder when put in their shoes and forced to make decisions.

The least we civilians can do is not add to the mistakes, made by so many politicians, by fear-mongering about terrorism.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT